Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 20:53   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
"He added that the Indicruz, the crossover between sedan and SUV, will be launched in 2010. Officials said it will be on a new SUV platform and be pitched against the Honda CR-V."
That means the current Safari will remain in production as the 9 lakh SUV.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:03   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i think it looks quite nice, much better than the xylo. who knows, the final product may be better than even the innova, looks wise.

but i cant understand why tatas have such huge wheel wells & comparatively puny wheels?
Did you expect Manza to come in 15's? Give them some time to launch the product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
That means the current Safari will remain in production as the 9 lakh SUV.
Good thing for Safari fans
Old 30th October 2009, 22:17   #693
BHPian

It looks a Indicruz is going to be 5 seater,Have look at the pic and you can see that door closes at half of the back wheel arch and there is very less room for a person to seat.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:59   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did you expect Manza to come in 15's? Give them some time to launch the product
the manza already comes with 15 inchers buddy!

i expect the wheel wells to be smaller & not the wheels to be bigger, so that the tyres dont look puny. infact in the indicruz, the wheels are quite huge but the gap between the tyre & the wheel well is excessive.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th October 2009 at 23:01.
Old 31st October 2009, 07:18   #695
Senior - BHPian

Thats what he (JK) is saying, once the product is out, they will make sure that the ratio is maintained, max benefit of bigger wheels keeping ride and handing quality appropriate. Lets hope for best. but its not going to compete with existing safari is what I feel.
Old 31st October 2009, 08:38   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thats what he (JK) is saying, once the product is out, they will make sure that the ratio is maintained, max benefit of bigger wheels keeping ride and handing quality appropriate. Lets hope for best. but its not going to compete with existing safari is what I feel.
yes, lets hope for the best! but considering the manza & vista, i feel the wheels would remain that way. anyways, lets rest the case.
Old 31st October 2009, 11:10   #697
Senior - BHPian

as far as i know, it has the same tyres as that of safari. sad to say it retains the manza look at the front with more wider stance. good thing about it is that it looks better than innova and crap xylo. wheel wells are a bit deeper than you expect, but i think with full load they get compressed like safari .
its not a 5 seater. i had seen the rear seat earlier

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 31st October 2009 at 11:13.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:45   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Hope the head light and front grill does not resembles Manza and vista style or else we will have family of three. Manza and vista looks good from the front no hesitation about it.
Indicruz (Father), Manza(Mother) & Vista(Child). Although the child came into existence first, then Mother & father
ha ha ha so very true of new generation surprise of the opposite effects of scientific methodology.
Rahul, well looks quite resemblence of innova and seems promosing and overall looks might turn out better then Xylo.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:07   #699
BHPian

The indicruz does look similar to the mitsubishi grandis in some angles.

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-mitsubishi_grandis.jpg

Seeing what happened to Hyundai's sonata,I am not sure if TATA will be able to pull it off at a price range which is higher than that of innova because snob value does play a very high role in the 10+lakh segment. Safari sells because there is no comparable product in its segment but that wont be the case for indicruz.
Old 31st October 2009, 17:30   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Seeing what happened to Hyundai's sonata,I am not sure if TATA will be able to pull it off at a price range which is higher than that of innova because snob value does play a very high role in the 10+lakh segment. Safari sells because there is no comparable product in its segment but that wont be the case for indicruz.
safari sells? safari sells the least in its segment, even lesser than the tavera!

i think if at that price, tata offers a host of features, comfortable cabin, stylish looks & good ride quality, it may sell well.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 31st October 2009 at 17:31.
Old 31st October 2009, 17:38   #701
BHPian

Hmm Grandis gives an aggressive look in the front and I wish Indicruz to be same with some aggressive looks than a softer looking Innova which would be lot better,since the Side profile of both cars will be more or less same.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:31   #702
BHPian

Quote:
safari sells? safari sells the least in its segment, even lesser than the tavera!

i think if at that price, tata offers a host of features, comfortable cabin, stylish looks & good ride quality, it may sell well.

The tavera competes with sumo as it sells more in the taxi segment and not with safari whose only worthy competitor to some extent is M&M scorpio. Tata obviously takes into account the sales of safari when they consider at what price to sell the indicruz at. IMHO a person who considers to buy a D segment vehicle will take in to consideration the brand value also otherwise the sonata would have sold as it offers features comparable to its competition along with a diesel engine for a bargain . Also if Toyota eventually does launch the Avensis verso then I see a bleak future for the indi.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:45   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
safari whose only worthy competitor to some extent is M&M scorpio.
Scorpio is the competing product for Safari, completely, similar price range similar characteristics. The only perception people have of Safari being a premium product is because of the initial market positioning of the Scorpio. But at that time, Scorpio was too crude to compete with the Safari at its price point. Scorpio now is a much improved product, so is the Safari. Safari sells more now than what it used to do before, but Scorpio at the same price point outsells it by a large margin.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:53   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata obviously takes into account the sales of safari when they consider at what price to sell the indicruz at. IMHO a person who considers to buy a D segment vehicle will take in to consideration the brand value also otherwise the sonata would have sold as it offers features comparable to its competition along with a diesel engine for a bargain . Also if Toyota eventually does launch the Avensis verso then I see a bleak future for the indi.
agreed. brand value matters. but to earn that reputation, they will have to sell cars in the premium price range. just by selling indicas, tatas can never have a good brand value. so i think its a step in the right direction.

if the product is good, if the A.S.S is good & if you are getting maximum bang for your buck, i think many wont hesitate to buy a tata for 14 lakhs.

yes, what you are saying about brand value is true, but then if toyota or honda offers a similar product for the same price, then many would opt for the japs.
Old 1st November 2009, 03:16   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the manza already comes with 15 inchers buddy!
You didn't get JK's point, dude!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks