Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 09:15   #106
BHPian

re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail sedan caught testing. *Clear PICS on Page 9 & 11*

Any idea about the launch date of this Sail sedan?
While the car looks quite from outside, the interiors,especially the meter console,steering while and the central console look bit uninspiring and cheap.

Still MJD and good pricing can make this car a decent success.
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:19   #107
BHPian

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail sedan caught testing

Yesterday night, I managed to capture images of the soon-to-be launched Chevrolet Sail sedan on Pune's roads.

Except for some stripes and masked logos, the car was thinly disguised.

Looks like GM is trying hard to fit the Sail sedan within 4 meters due to the non protruding rear bumper and short rear overhang.

Cabin space may be very good.

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-rear.jpg

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-rear2.jpg

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-fron.jpg

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-profile.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd February 2012 at 10:41.
AmarPaithankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:48   #108
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail sedan caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Yesterday night, I managed to capture images of the soon-to-be launched Chevrolet Sail sedan on Pune's roads.

Except for some stripes and masked logos, the car was thinly disguised.

Looks like GM is trying hard to fit the Sail sedan within 4 meters due to the non protruding rear bumper and short rear overhang.

Cabin space may be very good.

Attachment 881227

Attachment 881228

Attachment 881229

Attachment 881230
Excellent scoop Amar. Thanks for the pics. This was seen at the Auto expo by GM as well.

It looks well proportioned and modern. May give the new Dzire a hard time as it is a proper sedan as well as the Etios if they bring in the 1.3MJD.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:27   #109
BHPian

city.ish looks...nice car, definitely do well with 1.3 MJD, better looker than the ethios , verito or new dezire (yuck from sides )...bring it on GM, can someone enlighten me on the maintenance & spare cost of GM cars
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:44   #110
BHPian

Easily the worst attempt at camouflaging the car.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:57   #111
BHPian

Looks like it has good amount of cabin space. Is this going to be competing with Etios or the City? Like the overall proportions, though they could have done away with the old style door handles. I guess body-coloured ORVMs will be available too on production models.

PS: what's a kid doing inside a test car (see 4th image)? Or, is the seating so low? Or, a very short adult, perhaps... Or, I'm hallucinating!

Last edited by Jammy70 : 2nd February 2012 at 23:00.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:34   #112
BHPian

I dont think this car will do much to spice up the segment. The dated design isnt going to attract much new buyers to the Chevy fold, unless ofcourse they play the value card. 5lakh starting price?!
In my opinion the current Aveo looks better than the Sail, and that too has been a failure
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:38   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I dont think this car will do much to spice up the segment. The dated design isnt going to attract much new buyers to the Chevy fold, unless ofcourse they play the value card. 5lakh starting price?!
In my opinion the current Aveo looks better than the Sail, and that too has been a failure
I don't think current Aveo is a dud because of the looks. I am sure it's one of the most neutral / good looking sedan in the entry segment. The major reason why the car didn't take off was due to the lack of diesel engines. Lets also recall that when that was launched, Chevy was NOT aggressively marketing the car.

From what I remember, Chevy started taking off with Karl Slym's ad on marketing, VFM Cruze's introduction & Beat's price & style! Anything that launched before these happenings didn't strike a chord in the Indian market I guess.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd February 2012 at 23:40.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think current Aveo is a dud because of the looks. I am sure it's one of the most neutral / good looking sedan in the entry segment
Thats my point exactly! The Aveo looks decent and still flopped cos of other reasonw. The Sail is already starting off on a backfoot cos it looks too dated!
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:56   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I cannot agree more! The current Aveo at the time of its launch was quite a looker with remarkably good interiors. Even today, it looks better and much well proportioned than the current lot consisting of the Dzire, Manza, Etios etc. Yet it continues to be a market dud. The Sail looks more or less the same as the Aveo and IMO will suffer the same fate unless GM plonks in a good diesel (preferably the MJD) and prices it right during launch.
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:32   #116
BHPian

Well, to all those of you who are commenting on looks, kindly consider the wafer thin sheet of metal and quality of parts used on a Etios, the styling of Dzire and the equipment level of Indigo. The Indian market is very price position sensitive ( Nanom i20 and New Ford Fiesta being the examples). Correct position and this car can do decent Numbers for GM. 5-6 k per month of additional sales is not bad IMHO
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positron View Post
Easily the worst attempt at camouflaging the car.
or to get attention ? i think manufaturers do this more these days to get interest of blogers and forums. i like the sail more than the sedan, similar to Jazz in overall looks, may do well with the Fiat diesel
Old 4th February 2012, 17:39   #118
BHPian

Is this Manza CS

This was clicked by my brother in Pimpri (Pune). Is this the new Linea 2012? But then why the camouflage/stickers. Mods kindly move/delete this if already exists in forum. Also I am not sure if this is the right place to post.

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-sail1.jpg

SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20-sail2.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th February 2012 at 19:44. Reason: Watermarked the pics. Thanks for sharing
altoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 19:44   #119
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this Manza CS

Its the Chevrolet Sail sedan.
Old 4th February 2012, 19:50   #120
BHPian

Re: Is this Manza CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Its the Chevrolet Sail sedan.
Means can we expect that the replacement for the Aveo sedan is around the corner? But if I remember this correctly there was no news on this in the Auto Expo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks