Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 18:43   #301
BHPian

The options list is mostly a whole lot of seat covers and sun films, and an extremely overpriced sports kit. The only useful features are the navigation system and the range of music systems (although the folks in the ICE sub-forum probably dont think too highly of Kenwood.. what happened to the Dynaudio stereos that VW offers in Europe for the Passat/Golf?).

What we need are option packs that fill in the missing features like electronic climate control, electrically controlled mirrors, controls on the steering wheel. Perhaps they could also offer the (better) Euro spec headlights/taillights as options.

Finally, please give us an option to have all black interiors!

Of course, all this is meaningless because there's no 1.6.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:40   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Maybe they are bundling the insurance and additional warranty together.

As a car buyer you have every right to decline that and take an insurance on your own from a different insurance company or agent.
Nothing is known about the additional warranty. But anyway this 23K is the insurance for first year, its just a way of making money by VW.

See the insurance quote for Highline diesel is almost 34K

Last edited by hpzone : 24th February 2010 at 19:42.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:52   #303
Senior - BHPian

I received the pricing details from VW Chennai! 1.6 is confirmed but will be out at a later date. Wonder what on-road in BLR will look like (so much tax)
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12-polo-pricelist.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 20:48   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
What is the source of your information?
Source is Volkswagen itself. It will be out after 6+ months. You can call any Volkswagen dealer and confirm the same.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:55   #305
BHPian

I got a return call from Downtown Motors,Prabhadevi.the gentleman was softspoken and courteous and has quoted petrol highline @ 6.60 On road price.The breakups he said would be mailed to me in a day or two.He also asked if i would make a down payment or finance.On choosing finance,he said that if you find our finance dearer than others we can talk about it.The car is yet not available at the showroom.Another 5-7 days.Test drive later.Deliveries in March 8th onwards.Honestly except the navigation system and bluetooth no other accessories seem worthwhile.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:12   #306
BHPian

I have read in these forums that people with 1.6 motor under the hood don't always rip. Its just nice to have all that power at your disposal, just in case you hit upon an empty stretch with no cop around.

So my question is: Is it possible to obtain a 1.2's mileage (say 12-13 kmpl) with a 1.6 hatch with only the occassional moments of madness/ripping involved?

I don't mind spending the additional couple of lakhs if both my requirements are met (consistent good mileage AND rare bouts of power driving).
Old 24th February 2010, 21:15   #307
BHPian

options seem to be good. we cant expect goodies like climate control because they r supposed to be factory fitted. navigtion system with bluetooth for 12k sounnds good but sports package for 60k is just not worth. can we get spoiler alone?
Old 24th February 2010, 21:55   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I have read in these forums that people with 1.6 motor under the hood don't always rip. Its just nice to have all that power at your disposal, just in case you hit upon an empty stretch with no cop around.

So my question is: Is it possible to obtain a 1.2's mileage (say 12-13 kmpl) with a 1.6 hatch with only the occassional moments of madness/ripping involved?

I don't mind spending the additional couple of lakhs if both my requirements are met (consistent good mileage AND rare bouts of power driving).
I am sure others can back me on this that Fiesta gives u a mileage of between 12-14 if u drive it easy and then when u rip it, expect it to go around 10 but still keep that smile on ur face
Old 24th February 2010, 23:00   #309
Senior - BHPian

I have a gut feeling that GTO will come up with his TD report either tomorrow or the day after.
Come on, we are waiting for it.

And than after reading your review, we will have a Euro hatch match poll.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:26   #310
BHPian

IMO Polo is very over priced .
Polo comfortline and Punto emotion are similarly priced and the Polo lacks ABS,fog lamps,rear wiper and Audio player . Dont think it is VFM
Old 24th February 2010, 23:57   #311
BHPian

Nice Price!

This is great pricing from VW! I hope Pete's will eye the opportunity to give the Polo TDi a shot in the arm!
Old 25th February 2010, 00:23   #312
BHPian

I assume the saloon will be 1 lakh above the hatchback price. But in any case, im worried that the current diesel engines will do a good enough job as far as performance is concerned

any idea when the saloon will be released?
Old 25th February 2010, 02:41   #313
Senior - BHPian

Tubaah: Made in India Polo
Old 25th February 2010, 03:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Interesting Video

"Swift's handling + Fabia's ride quality"

now at a price of SWIFT

Haven't seen the car, not driven, but and I have booked a RED Trendline for my wife. Hope to get delivery by 15 March

and this is how it will look like. Simple, elegant and classy.

Waiting for GTO's review to re-assure myself
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12-d2f768a7_1200_495.jpg  

Last edited by hpzone : 25th February 2010 at 03:45.
Old 25th February 2010, 07:09   #315
R17
BHPian

First impressions by Autocar India

First impressions by BSMotoring

So as per initial impressions, at least 2 top scribes think this is the new benchmark among hatchbacks. Cant wait for the detailed road tests.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks