Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 16:26   #481
Senior - BHPian

You get consumer protectin if you goto the consumer courts (its catching on) and then you need to prove that the goods sold is defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Guys... In UK we have something called The Sale of Goods Act. We have other consumer-protection too, like the Trades Description Act and so on, but the Sale of Goods has one very straight forward stipulation: the goods must be suitable for the purpose for which they are sold.

Does India have any similar legislation?
Old 9th September 2007, 20:13   #482
Senior - BHPian

Not aware of any. There MUST be some... somewhere... I hope!
However, to a small extent the Consumer Forums and Courts do deliver some very interesting judgements - totally in sync with a consumer's rights.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:03   #483
Senior - BHPian

TATA motors needs to learn and learn very fast. And we need to teach them this lesson. Can team-bhp members gang up and do something like start a chain mail to TATA guys?
Old 10th September 2007, 13:06   #484
Senior - BHPian

No use. Hate to sound like the prophet of doom, but do you think they are completely unaware of the situation on the ground?
They have very 'attractive' products and they know it. How many of your good friends would listen to you if you advised them to keep off TATA products. The first price and the package offered is too good for most to resist. Most would even do it all over again (read repeat customers!).
Am I wrong?
Old 10th September 2007, 17:43   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
OT:
this gives me reason to put a case against lee-cooper shoes i took 8 months ago, but could use them only once due to a very bad sole.
can i ask them to replace it with a better one, i dont mind paying the difference if it costs more.
Ofcourse you can, provided you have the purchase invoice of the Product, Its within the warranty period and most importantly if you can prove that its defective.

First write a letter to them stating all details of purchase and the problems with the product. Give them a reasonable period of time for replacement/refund. Also tell them that you shall be forced to take legal action against them if they fail to satisfy you. Send this letter by Regd. post Ack/due or courier with POD( Proof of Delivery) facility and also a copy by UCP (Under certificate of Posting).Wait for a favourable response from them else PM me for further action. Take Care.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupmathur
No use. Hate to sound like the prophet of doom, but do you think they are completely unaware of the situation on the ground?
They have very 'attractive' products and they know it. How many of your good friends would listen to you if you advised them to keep off TATA products. The first price and the package offered is too good for most to resist. Most would even do it all over again (read repeat customers!).
Am I wrong?
Yes you are ? I dont know about you but I will never ever buy the same product again of the same company. Would you trust a friend who has cheated you once ? No, you won't. For the simple reason that you have lost trust in him. You will be surprised at the number of calls I get from all over the country from people who are contemplating about buying a TATA Car. They want to know if what is mentioned in this thread is true and when I tell about the raw deal I have got they thank me for the advise. They call me for the very fact that a doubt has risen in their minds and besides do you think they would be comfortable with the product after knowing the fact. They will never ever be able to relish or enjoy their purchase.

This is my personal opinion.

So long....
Old 10th September 2007, 19:02   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Guys... In UK we have something called The Sale of Goods Act. We have other consumer-protection too, like the Trades Description Act and so on, but the Sale of Goods has one very straight forward stipulation: the goods must be suitable for the purpose for which they are sold.

Does India have any similar legislation?
Sir, Indian Judicial system is totally based on Your UK Judicial system.
American consumer laws are considered to be the best in the World, we have a Consumer Protection Act, in India enacted in the Year 1986, which is based on the Amarican Consumer laws.

We have setup consumer Forums in every district, there is no court fee for filing a case in the consumer forums.

Its not that we do not have any law enacted, we have the best. But the question is How many of us approach these Judicial bodies? We Indians have got great level of tolerance, the vendors are cashing in on the same. How many of us willing to fight? even if we chose to fight, inordinate delay in our Judiciary makes many to loose confidence in the Judiciary.

Sir, its not that we do not have laws enacted in India, We do Have best of the Best in the World, But various other facts keep our Indian citizen away from these.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:24   #487
Senior - BHPian

Varun, you are right of course.
The problem with TATA is they have the right products for the taxi market, which represents the bulk of their car business. I feel they are only attuned to that segment of the buyers, the taxidrivers. This is also partly true of Mahindra, though they are trying harder to get out of that perception.
They are not really bothering because the percentage of people complaining is very small for them. The taxi-wallahs are quite satisfied. The Qualis gave TATA quite a jolt. That segment is today competitive, but only mildly so. But there is really no one to challenge the Indica and its variants. I wish that comes about fast; perhaps then TATA might begin to lose significant market share.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:31   #488
Senior - BHPian

if you check out the customer satisfaction indexes for automobiles in india, you will find one company touching the bottom, do I need to say which one
Old 10th September 2007, 20:12   #489
Senior - BHPian

I would guess that the 'survey' only covered the 'private' buyers and those with some literacy.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:05   #490
BHPian

I just finished going through the post n i am shocked to say the least! I myself happen to own an indica (i dont know how i got myself into it) and since have always cursed them for the numerous problems in my car, but this is just disgusting. I am now ashamed to own their car.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:09   #491
BHPian

case putoff for the 21st Nov,2007

hello everone,

There were no arguments today because the case has been posted/adjourned to the 21st of November since the Tata's avocate didn't turn up. His Junior pleaed with the Honb'le Judge to postpone the case to a later date.I hope its not the same story on the 21st.

I am also seeking your help on information about any other Automobile dispute cases that you may have come across or read about in the media.

So long....
Old 25th October 2007, 03:49   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to hear an update.

If their advocate doesn't turn up next time, could your advocate persuade the judge to carry on anyway?
Old 28th December 2007, 10:35   #493
BHPian

Hi varun - any updates?
Old 28th December 2007, 14:45   #494

I own a indica last three years, bought it for fuel efficiency which it gives. The service fellows are hope less. BHPians helped me solve a starting trouble earlier. The service guys replace parts without knowing the problem and they do not replace what has gone bad. I had compliant to Tata Motors all numbers and emails no reply. As some one mentioned they cater to a different segment and own use I will not recommend ANY TATA CAR.
Old 30th December 2007, 22:10   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfmanuel View Post
I own a indica last three years, bought it for fuel efficiency which it gives. The service fellows are hope less. BHPians helped me solve a starting trouble earlier. The service guys replace parts without knowing the problem and they do not replace what has gone bad. I had compliant to Tata Motors all numbers and emails no reply. As some one mentioned they cater to a different segment and own use I will not recommend ANY TATA CAR.
Would like to know which dealer you are refering to. Not that it would make a difference because each one is worse than the other. The entire credit for this mess should go to TATA MOTORS.

God bless.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks