Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:36   #466
BHPian

Hi folkes,

The Victa case has been posted for the 23rd of October for Arguments.

Glad to hear about Shivasumas case. Hope he gets his car soon. Lets all pray for him while keeping our fingers crossed at the same time.

So long....
Old 2nd September 2007, 19:55   #467
BHPian

I am quite surprised about this thread! I never knew TATAs where so inconsiderate with their customers! But i am glad someone is taking the bull by the horn and fighting back the corporate bullies. Good luck Varun.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 2nd September 2007 at 19:58.
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:17   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
I am quite surprised about this thread! I never knew TATAs where so inconsiderate with their customers! But i am glad someone is taking the bull by the horn and fighting back the corporate bullies. Good luck Varun.
wish you all the luck varun. keep the preasure going hope things work out for you.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:51   #469
BHPian

impossible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Hey forward it to Autocar/BS motoring/Overdrive.If they publish these snaps,the owner will find the dealer at his doorstep the next day.I hope the owner has registered a case on the guy who ripped the stickers off his car.
no auto magzine will print those photograph!!!
try it !
our auto mag industry is AT THE MERCY OF THE AUTO COMPANIES.and the editors know it too well!
its a long thme till we will get magzines like cycle world, cycle , the car.,whose tech editors can call the top co. s product as **** and the company accepts it , rectifies the problem and apologies to us customers!
in india magzines dont buy the models for testing .. they need to request the company to loan them and then -- borrowers are not choosers!+
they need free cars for so celled testing,they need parties they need full page glossy ads!
one old indian mag who didnt understand this went bank rupt because it didnt have the free things to test +no ads and no free goodies!and on top of that we stupid readers dont support the mag for being truthful .. actually we dont deserve good mags . all we deserve is some filmsy pics, read reviews about <free>holiday reports 10 pages of ads.15 pages of apple polishing and hansome package<like femina!!!>.. the others are flurishing <at the cost of customers faith>
plus one of the mag is owned by the tatas itself!!!!
so enjoy getting fooled ..and keep on paying for it ..
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:27   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think I ever sat and read a 470-post thread, in any forum, in a single sitting (OK, I took lunch...).

It has been both gripping and disturbing, and, as a newcomer, let me add my best wishes to Varunroy to the long list.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:52   #471
BHPian

With the kind of customer support TATA has for Sumo&Safari's, just think what will happen once 1 lac car comes into picture.
Anyways, Best of lucks Varun and let the truth prevail
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:17   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
I have know the Owner's of the Vehicle for Quite Sometime. This is their "Second Sumo". The First being the NA version.

They Maintain the Vehicle Very Well. Even the Earlier Sumo was almost like New with over a Lac KM on it. I can understand the Frustration. I guess anybody can after spending so much Time n Money.
Why is it becoming evident that TATA doesn't really bother of the Quality of the vehicles they put out? Also there is repeated customer feedback here on the forum or else where that the TATA car Quality is not up to the mark? Seriously, are TATA cars so bad or is it that when they are bad they are really bad otherwise they are good? I am getting a feeling that TATA's are really not interested in Quality or brand name? why is that? And SUMO is supposed to have been one of their better CARs with a great gear box and stuff......can we really be assured that if we book a car with the TATAs we would get a good one with "ZERO" issues or is it always a shot in the Dark!!?? Poll here!!! Also the expectancy of issues with a new model introduced by TATAs is even more. People know that it would be a rather sensible to go for competition like Accent diesel, Fiesta-deisel, Scorpio etc rather than their TATA rivals......even if the later are cheaper at times, because of their running costs. Its set in people's psyche that TATA means Higher maintainance costs and runs to the service station..and then you have things like this that drive you to believe that it is TRUE.!!
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:05   #473
Senior - BHPian

This is a wishful thinking, I too wish it was true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
......can we really be assured that if we book a car with the TATAs we would get a good one with "ZERO" issues or is it always a shot in the Dark!!?? Poll here!!!
You would have seen some reports here and in other places, people just needed a test drive to move away from what they came to buy from TATA and went to the competitors.

Quote:
People know that it would be a rather sensible to go for competition like Accent diesel, Fiesta-deisel, Scorpio etc rather than their TATA rivals......even if the later are cheaper at times, because of their running costs. Its set in people's psyche that TATA means Higher maintainance costs and runs to the service station..

It IS TRUE my friend, sad but true, thats the reality.

Quote:
and then you have things like this that drive you to believe that it is TRUE.!!
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:06   #474
Senior - BHPian

QC sucks at TATA. The quality of plastics on the 10 lakh rupee safari is absolutely terrible at places and barely acceptable at others.
Good car no doubt but would have been a lot lot better, had QC been good.
Old 8th September 2007, 23:23   #475
BHPian

Suhas's case should have answered all your question

[quote=lsjey;260362]I've been watching this thread since the time I joined TBHP. It is very frustrating to see that even the consumer forums can cause a lot of heartburn.

Quote:
Varun, now that you've been through all this, I've a question. Does it always take such a long time for consumer forums to deliver their judgements?
Suhas's case http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-court.html was probably the shortest Automobile related case that was settled in about 15 months time. 21st July 2006 to 6th September, 2007. It could have been settled earlier if Metro Ford had honoured the Judgement at the first instance. Instead they chose to appeal at the State Forum. Now, when the The state Forum dismissed the case, Suhas was forced to go back to the Dist. Forum to get an execution petition. Even there Metro tried to wriggle out or atleast delay matters. It was here that they realised that their case may not hold water at the National Forum and this is when they decided to give a new car to Suhas. Should they have approached the National Forum then it could have caused more delay. The replacement was inevitable as we all knew right from the first day. These manufacturers are also aware of the end result but they just want to harrass the customer with the hope that he/she would pull out some time or the other because of the endless delay. In simple words they are just trying to judge as to how much the aggreived party would endure.

Quote:
3. One often keeps hearing that consumer courts are consumer friendly. Is this really true?
Apart from Automobile related Case where lot of technicalities are involved, leads to some delay. Other cases often do not take so much time. Recently I had a pair of Woodlands Shoes replaced by the makers because of some lace problem. My threats to them about going to the Consumer Forum did not move them, but when they received a notice from the Consumer Court they got into action and replaced the shoe even before the first hearing. Needless to say I even got the cost of filing the case from them.

So I would conclude that yes, they are very Consumer friendly, though I would like to add that they could deliver the results faster, which is possible if the Judges were strict with the Advocates by giving them them the shortest possible time to produce valid documents.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 8th September 2007 at 23:32.
Old 9th September 2007, 00:56   #476
BHPian

I think the Tata's should continue doing, what they are little bit capable off..should produce only heavy vehicles like trucks and buses, and stop making cars and MUVs, SUVs!!! no no.
Old 9th September 2007, 12:04   #477
Senior - BHPian

or learn from their nearest indian competitor M&M. TATA and M&M are one of the oldest inthe Indian auto industry, although they started with catering to different segments of the industry.

TATA has huge corpus to spend on R&D and to invest in diversifying, whereas M&M doesnt have those but still has better quality products although limited to a particular segment.

Lessons learnt, Do not try to ride too many boats at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
I think the Tata's should continue doing, what they are little bit capable off..should produce only heavy vehicles like trucks and buses, and stop making cars and MUVs, SUVs!!! no no.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:11   #478
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
....Apart from Automobile related Case where lot of technicalities are involved, leads to some delay. Other cases often do not take so much time. Recently I had a pair of Woodlands Shoes replaced by the makers because of some lace problem. My threats to them about going to the Consumer Forum did not move them, but when they received a notice from the Consumer Court they got into action and replaced the shoe even before the first hearing. Needless to say I even got the cost of filing the case from them.
this gives me reason to put a case against lee-cooper shoes i took 8 months ago, but could use them only once due to a very bad sole.
can i ask them to replace it with a better one, i dont mind paying the difference if it costs more.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:56   #479
Senior - BHPian

Well there TATA A.S.S. can be a lot better. What Tata Motors and other manufacturers should do is take such customer issues promptly and resolve them. This just an example of the amount of the ill will one customer can generate if his issues are not resolved.

In this case it is Tata Motors which is getting the flack, but there are such cases from other comapnies as well. Tata will do well to realise that changing a perception in the minds of the people is a lot tougher than improving the quality of the product and theier efforts should be not only to improve the quality of the vehicles but also the way in which customers are treated by their Dealers/ Service personnel.
Old 9th September 2007, 15:16   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys... In UK we have something called The Sale of Goods Act. We have other consumer-protection too, like the Trades Description Act and so on, but the Sale of Goods has one very straight forward stipulation: the goods must be suitable for the purpose for which they are sold.

Does India have any similar legislation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks