Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 23:12   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
where is freaky judge ? is he still on vacation ?
I should have some news by the 1st of Sept. Thats when he is supposed to return. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the entire episode finds a decent end soon

so long....
Old 4th September 2006, 15:31   #377
BHPian

Saw this news in Economictimes
Company fined Rs 5 lakh for defective Indica
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1955388.cms
Old 4th September 2006, 16:12   #378
Team-BHP Support

When I read the news my first reaction was "good", they deserved it.
But then I realized what a joke it is
5 lac.
What is 5 lac for such a multi crore company. In other countries fines are more of the punishment to the offender, not some compensation to the aggrieved party.
this guy gets 5L on something he spent 4L for purchase and then lot else for repairs.
So for him 5L is barely justice.
but for tata it is a joke. Apart from some bad publicity, this drop will not make any difference to their ocean of revenue.
Ideally when such companies do these kind of things the fine should be atleast a crore. that will make headlines and show them that they cant take people for granted
Old 5th September 2006, 14:24   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Ideally when such companies do these kind of things the fine should be atleast a crore. that will make headlines and show them that they cant take people for granted
I Agree, But its really difficult to get these kind of pentalies for the cases which are fought in consumer court. To get that kind of judgement, consumer should go to Judiciary.
Old 5th September 2006, 20:06   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Saw this news in Economictimes
Company fined Rs 5 lakh for defective Indica
Thanks for the link, greatdrive. Should help me a lot in the future especially when the Tata's Advocate claims that my car is the only case ever filed in a court of law.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
What is 5 lac for such a multi crore company. In other countries fines are more of the punishment to the offender, not some compensation to the aggrieved party.
Right you are tsk. Earlier even Max was making the same point. Its only for this reason that I had to do the vahan yatra sting. The courts of our country can never provide edequate punishment to the wrong doer. We have seen this happen with murderers walking scout free. The only way I could get some satisfaction was by embarrassing the Tatas by displaying the facts and bring it to the notice of as many people as I could. Also I was reluctant to file the case in the consumer court because very little would come out in the end.

My case was posted to 5.10.2006 even without batting an eyelid. The opposite lawyer told the member ( because no Judge was present today) to give an extended date. I could only watch the whole thing helplessly. Can you imagine a court hall without a judge and only a member giving dates at random. So much for Justice............

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
I Agree, But its really difficult to get these kind of pentalies for the cases which are fought in consumer court. To get that kind of judgement, consumer should go to Judiciary.
I agree with you here but do you know that I will have to spend something like 15% of the claimed amount upfront for the neccessary formalities like stamp papers, court fees and legal expenses. In my case that would amount to 2 lakhs+ . After doing all this it would probably take several years for any kind of an outcome. At the present state I think Consumer forum is the best bet one can expect to get any relief for their sufferings.

Sorry, mods about using so many icons. I think you should add one depicting one drowning in his own tears.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 5th September 2006 at 20:11.
Old 6th September 2006, 11:54   #381
BHPian

Varun,
I completely understand the frustration you feel. Just hang in there buddy. I am going through the same process, with my case being posted to later dates and then nothing happening on those dates. These manufacturers and dealers(in my case) will do everything possible to make the consumer frustrated so that the consumer will withdraw the case or agree to their conditions. I cannot even remember how many days of work I have missed to go to court and make sure my lawyer doesn't just doze off. Sometimes the case is so clear cut but still the hon. judge takes his own sweet time. Just stay positive and something good will surely come out of this.

Suhas
Old 13th September 2006, 19:34   #382

Another one:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ws/1988280.cms
Old 19th September 2006, 19:35   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanoj
Manoj, Thanks for the link. Will defenitely help in future.

The honble Judge who was supposed to report for work on the 18th has once again extended his leave and is now supposedly reporting on the 25th. Anyway, since the next date of hearing is 5th October, I hope he has sufficient time to refresh his memory.

So long....
Old 25th September 2006, 19:36   #384
BHPian

Some Respite

Hi all,

The good news is that the honble Judge has reported back to work today. Let see what happens on the 5th.

So long....
Old 25th September 2006, 19:39   #385
Senior - BHPian

...<fingers crossed>...
Old 25th September 2006, 22:46   #386
Senior - BHPian

Varun,

All the best. Hoping and praying for you.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2006, 14:11   #387
Max
BHPian

varun, i shown this thread to one more friend and he cancelled his decision to buy indigo after reading this thread instead he will now be waiting for new accent launch. also, now after 2 years tata indicom lawyer has sent me letter asking for disputed amount to be paid within 15 days or else they will disclose my default information (please note i never made any default!) to income tax, other telecom company, credit card companies, government authorities, banks etc., etc.!!! 2 years back I purchased tata indicom connection and at the time I subscribed for unlimited internet plan (note internet never worked) but they keep billing me under normal plan. I called customer support more then 20+ times and they assured me this will be fixed, I even wrote 2 letters asking for correction in bills and visited tata indicom gallery 2 times but they never corrected my bill and in the end I cancelled the phone.

Now after 2 years they are telling me that they will disclose my information violating my privacy for their own mistake. TATA group of companies are just harassing us Indians. After all this its making me sick and I don't feel like dealing with any TATA company any further.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:28   #388
BHPian

Varun,

Best wishes for a favourable judgement.

Regards,

lsjey
Old 28th September 2006, 20:32   #389
BHPian

Varun,

Hats off to you buddy! I feel so sad yet so motivated after reading the whole of this story spread across some 26 pages of this dear website.
Guys, lets just pray Varun gets what he asks for and TATAs and the dealers, etc. understand that there exists a small number of people who know what their rights are and also how to stand up for them!

BEST OF LUCK buddy!

PS: I have been looking fwd to the DICOR 2.2. God knows what happens to my desire after freading through this...
Old 30th September 2006, 11:50   #390
Max
BHPian

what about we send flowers to ratan tata and the dealers through post with message get well TATA MOTORS like ghandhigiri in munabhai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks