Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2006, 15:28   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100

Guess its Tata to TATA!
Just wondering how Tata is still getting this sales figure, (15-20 % increase every year..)Kudos to there sales team..
but if this type of A.S.S. continues with Tata management not taking a note of it, It will definetly decline in future

Last edited by greatDrive : 5th June 2006 at 15:42.
Old 5th June 2006, 20:19   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
Varun,
I don't understand this. Both seats were replaced (twice) and then refused? Did they break again or is the "seat" and "seat assy" different.
Good luck and hang in there, mate.
Gears,
Red-One.
You are right. They have broken again. Actually right from the time they were replaced they were squeaking but these guys refused to accept it. They have refused replacement because it is now out of Manufacturers Warranty(18 months) and seats are not covered under extended warranty(further 18 months). Anyway, I am just waiting for the verdict. I will have to file another case , should Tatas decide to appeal in the higher court,depending on the outcome of this case.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
Whats the scene with the case itself? I thought we had a decision by May 11?
Unfortunately, the President or the Judge is on medical leave and no one is sure as to when he is returning. I have no other choice but wait.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
Which is why I'm surprised the verdict is taking so long. Based on what Varun has told us here, this is an open and shut case where Tata Motors stands no chance whatsoever.
The verdict was supposed to be pronounced on the 11th, but then things have taken a different turn. You are right. It is an open and shut case but the process has to go on. I guess its just my bad luck that I have to wait so long.

Quote:
I personally have much better experiences with them, so I am interested in both sides of the story. Unfortunately we wont get to hear that part here or anywhere else other than in court.
Once the verdict is out, I shall post the entire proceedings of the case date wise. I can even do it now because what I shall be posting is the absolute truth for which I have all the supporting Documents. In fact my aim is to bring out everything in the open so that others can take care in future and also advise me on handling my case better.

So long....
Old 5th June 2006, 23:50   #303
Senior - BHPian

[quote=varunroy]
Unfortunately, the President or the Judge is on medical leave and no one is sure as to when he is returning. I have no other choice but wait. [quote]

You think the unthinkable has happened... you know... Tata and the Judge.....

Well if Jessica Lal can happen!!
Old 6th June 2006, 01:05   #304
BHPian

Tata Does Lacks Quality n Refinement.

here in Jalandhar, i have seen new Safari(old model) engine seized
within 2 months.

ALso...... 1 week ago i saw a Brand new DiCOR engine being Overhauled.

Damm with TATA.
Old 6th June 2006, 09:27   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt
Tata Does Lacks Quality n Refinement.

ALso...... 1 week ago i saw a Brand new DiCOR engine being Overhauled.

Damm with TATA.
The Guy who owns this Dicor is probably ignorant. No way, I would let them open a new Engine and insist on its replacement. Once the Factory fitted Engine is overhauled it looses its charm. I mean a diesel engine is supposed to be overhauled after 3 laks + Kms.

One of the points made by me against the Tatas at the Consumer Forum is that One buys a new Car to enjoy its high tech features , reliable and trouble-free service for a few years. But, instead the car becomes a liabilty eating into your time, money and above all leaves you depressed, a feeling that is very difficult to overcome no matter how much you curse your luck.

I have also heard about the rear Stepney cover falling off on the Roads. I am told that Tatas have now provided an additional strap with a buckle that holds the cover from falling. While the world is moving ahead Tatas still believes in providing the age old string to hold your Pyjamas from sliding down. Hats off to Direct Injection Common Rail.

So long....
Old 6th June 2006, 14:21   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I have emailed Christabelle Noronha to bring this thread in her attention.
dude Max,

In your email, you have have mentioned Mr.Simone Tata. I believe its Ms.Simone Tata.

And not to bring down the value of your involvement in this effort, but dude, she makes lipsticks and nail polishes.
Old 6th June 2006, 18:23   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
And not to bring down the value of your involvement in this effort, but dude, she makes lipsticks and nail polishes.
No, she doesn't. Lakme was sold years ago to HLL. She now manages Westside and Star India Bazaar, which she started.

The Tatas are as close as can be. If you get one's attention, Ratan will hear about it sooner or later.
Old 8th June 2006, 16:01   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
The Tatas are as close as can be. If you get one's attention, Ratan will hear about it sooner or later.
Do you really feel that Mr. Ratan Tata is not aware of this issue.

I am not too sure but somehow I get the feeling that Mr. Tata is fully in the picture., but then I could be totally wrong.

Here's one SMS that I received from a well wisher :-

"Seriously i hope you are in the forefront of bringing justice to countless other gullible tata vehicle owners made a fool by the tata family. Hope god has ears."
Old 8th June 2006, 19:36   #309
BANNED

Sad how in just a few years, they've managed to ruin so much goodwill built up over generations. I know I will never trust Tata just for their name ever again.
Old 11th June 2006, 03:06   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
No, she doesn't. Lakme was sold years ago to HLL. She now manages Westside and Star India Bazaar, which she started.

yup. my bad.

sold off to HLL in 1996.

point i was trying to make was she was not actively involved with TATA Motors.

Or is she ??
Old 11th June 2006, 03:08   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Sad how in just a few years, they've managed to ruin so much goodwill built up over generations. I know I will never trust Tata just for their name ever again.
if the above is true, I wonder how our politicians get elected again and again...and how some parties rule for decades in a stretch.

Frankly, not downplaying fellow member Varun Roy's agony with his TATA product, but I doubt if this one case is really going to "ruin so much goodwill built up over generations".

Reason is in the same statement...."goodwill built up over generations".

There are millions who know and swear by TATA products. A very tiny percentage of these millions know our fellow member and his problematic TATA product. And very few of these millions, even when made aware of this issue will alter their opinion on the TATAS. Like it or not, they have just too much goodwill. As mentioned earlier, the TATAS are an institution in themselves, not just your run of the mill corporate.

Of course that is not to say Varun won't win the case, because it seems pretty straighforward with all the detailed documentation preserved and presented. Am just not sure about any serious dent in goodwill for the TATAS. The dealer, probably yes.

Last edited by hell_rider : 11th June 2006 at 03:17.
Old 11th June 2006, 12:30   #312
Max
BHPian

no reply from Christabelle or tata media

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hi Max,

Any news or feedback from Christabelle Noronha ? It appears that she is also following the strong Tata Tradition of not acknowledging receipt of mails not to talk about responding, especially when someone is complaining about their product.

I was hoping that she would respond. more so when she happened to be with the media centre.

So long....
Hi Varun,

No there is no reply or acknowledgement from Christabelle Noronha or tata media department!. Well, guys I sent email to media @ tata.com which appears to be tata group media email. How can they ignore bad publicity (tata media department !) of their child / sister company ?. Also it was said in the link that Christabelle Norohna works for TATA Media department at this link hence i sent the email to media at tata.com.

Here is the link which says Christabelle Noronha works for TATA Media department
http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/tsunam...ater/india.asp

Quote:
Tata Group, Tata Relief Committee
The Tata Group's huge presence in South India has also made it a key player in relief efforts. Christabelle Noronha works in Tata's media department and can be reached via media (at) tata.com.
btw, my NHC side door was kissed by truck and it has bented and have little damage. I have TATA AIG insurance cover which should pay for this. Lets see how they handel my vehicels case (another tata company).

Well, this is my first insurance claim in life. any tips
Old 12th June 2006, 09:15   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
if the above is true, I wonder how our politicians get elected again and again...and how some parties rule for decades in a stretch.
I know that one case like mine may not make a big dent in tata sales figures but your reasoning is a little off-line.

The reason why politicians get reelected is that they take GOOD care of their constituency. Even they have to work hard and can't afford to be unreasonal and take their victory for granted. Politics is a different ball game. How else would you explain the white wash of the Chandra babu Naidu Govt, when we all know what changes he has brought to his state.

Precisely what I expect from Tata's..... Good care for its product sold to its customers. More so when their Chairman boasts that "THE CUSTOMER IS THE KING" in his interview to Ms. Christabelle Noronha. Surprisingly, the interview is off their web site. If some one can locate that interview it will be worth a read.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 12th June 2006 at 09:18.
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:47   #314
BHPian

News from the Consumer Forum

I had called the Consumer Forum today to find out if the Hon'ble Judge has reported back. It appears that he taken a long Medical leave and may not be reporting this month. A special OFFICER INCHARGE has taken over till such time. I have been asked to call them again on Monday to know about the JUDGEMENT of my case. Hope there is some good news.

So long....
Old 23rd June 2006, 00:01   #315
Senior - BHPian

I really really hope I am proved wrong but I am getting really bad vibes from all that is happening, varun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks