Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2005, 01:06   #151
BHPian

Don't forget that we are return customers RX. We have been die-hard fans of Tata Motors for the same reasons. Basic ethics demand that a genuine problem is acknowledged and redressed justly, especially when it has been brought to their notice for a period of no less than 13 months. Even the Chairman's office has been in the picture, but no corrective action has been taken from their end.

I would very much like to believe your statements, and I hope it comes true in this case.
Old 11th November 2005, 01:52   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
hey Max.. Suggestion.. why dont you forward the mails to Steeroid. He'll definitely get some response when he forwards these to tata, probably in less than 15 minutes.

I seriously think its worth a try. Then we'll know if Varun is right or wrong..
I did forward the thread and I got a response from them. I also had a phone call from them. More in detail later.
Old 11th November 2005, 20:35   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@Max and VarunRoy, I think we have started extrapolating things way too far. Tata group is known for ethical business. At the start of my professional career, I have worked with a Tata company and I surely know they not just preach, but also try to practice it. JRD Tata was visionary with high ethical values and I personally hold Ratan Tata in high regard as well. Similar to Mr. Roy's case, there have been few instances reported against Ichiban Honda. Does that mean Honda organization is inept? Let's fight together for Roys' cause, but not generalize it to the Tata group. Tatas are far more ethical than certain other renowned Indian business houses.
i agree with the above 100%. not to mean i do not feel that varun roy has been wronged. but i don't think tatas are unethical as such or are a "babu" company, which is true with respect to a lot of other business "houses".
Old 11th November 2005, 22:20   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I did forward the thread and I got a response from them. I also had a phone call from them. More in detail later.
I am waiting for steroid to give us more info on his interaction with the tata higher ups regarding Varun's case.
Old 11th November 2005, 22:30   #155
Team-BHP Support

I'm asking this question on eleventh page...
Varun what is your plan?
Old 11th November 2005, 22:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I'm asking this question on eleventh page...
Varun what is your plan?
The very obvious. SUE THEM . Very shortly.
Old 11th November 2005, 22:48   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I hope hard copies of letters and not just emails have been sent to TATA as well?
Apart from electronic mail, they have been sent by speed Post, Registered post and Under Certificate of Posting.
Old 12th November 2005, 13:22   #158
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@Max and VarunRoy, I think we have started extrapolating things way too far. Tata group is known for ethical business. At the start of my professional career, I have worked with a Tata company and I surely know they not just preach, but also try to practice it. JRD Tata was visionary with high ethical values and I personally hold Ratan Tata in high regard as well. Similar to Mr. Roy's case, there have been few instances reported against Ichiban Honda. Does that mean Honda organization is inept? Let's fight together for Roys' cause, but not generalize it to the Tata group. Tatas are far more ethical than certain other renowned Indian business houses.
Well RX, I am sharing my true experience with you. I bought TATA INDICOM connection when it arrived in my city about 2 years back. The service was very new and very crappy. You have to dial number 10 times to get to the number. Anyway, i bought the phone only for internet connection which they was offering for rs.1500 or something for unlimited access. I subscribed to this service in writing. But after having the phone internet connection was just not working !!!!. Most of the times Internet connection was just NOT WORKING AT ALL and few times if it worked speed was less then 10kbps (modem speed is 56kbps and DSL speed is 256kbps). Its really not possible to do anything on such speeds. I complained to them about this many many times and I was given with new ticket number every time but there was no resolution to my problem.

I got even more shock when I receive bill of more then Rs.3000 for only 15 days connection. They was billing me on per minutes bases for internet connection which wasn't working AT ALL, instead of billing me on Internet connection plan which was suppose to be rs.1500 per month only. I complained them in this regards and I called support to confirm weather I am on internet connection plan or not. To my worst, no one in the call center was able to make out which plan I am under in and I think out of frustration one operator told me yes he confirms that I am on internet plan. Ok, 1 month passed and my complains grown because internet connection was still not working. Next month I again got bill of Rs.10000/- + and they was again billing me on minutes bases. I got very frustrated and angry so I went again to their local customer care center where I book my phone and they simply refused to take written complain and acknowledge it. After much fighting I told them ok you don't take complain but give me in writing that you are not ready to take complain otherwise I won't leave this office. After much fighting and chilam chili they finally excepted my complain and gave me acknowledgement.

Then I simply cancelled my phone connection because internet was simply not working. I made more then 30 complains to them on several occasions and 4 written complains but there was no action, no follow-up, no resolution !!!!!

Yes, they did followed up few times to collect false dues and I frankly told them to send me court notice because I am not going to pay for billing errors and non working phone and they finally gave up and sent some guy to take their crappy instrument which was of no use.

It was very horrible experience in dealing with this TATA GROUP company. Now, varuns experience. Do you expect me to trust any TATA company again !!!!???? No way I guess. Bye Bye TATA.

Old 12th November 2005, 13:28   #159
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Apart from electronic mail, they have been sent by speed Post, Registered post and Under Certificate of Posting.
have your lawyer do all the dirty work. Lawyers notice is certified and has legal value.
Old 13th November 2005, 23:32   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
have your lawyer do all the dirty work. Lawyers notice is certified and has legal value.
This was noticed by me in the thread " Maruti slaps legal notice on Hyundai" posted by GTO.

There was an Opel Astra owner who got a full refund of his car + interest after more than 5 years since purchase.

His claim was that GM misguided him through adverts and brochures of the Astra being German engineering.

Link to Opel Astra Case

GTO

I just happened to see this guys, Have a look at the link. I am sure it will help many who have similar problems.

Last edited by varunroy : 13th November 2005 at 23:38. Reason: to mention source of info
Old 15th November 2005, 22:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
I am waiting for steroid to give us more info on his interaction with the tata higher ups regarding Varun's case.
Steeroid, still waiting for your discloser of interaction with Tata Higher ups. Whats the latest?
Old 18th November 2005, 11:50   #162
BHPian

Mr.Roy, Steer, Max,
any updates on the feedback from the TATA mgt.
ak
Old 18th November 2005, 17:23   #163
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Roys have issued a legal notice to Tatas on the 17th of November, 2005. We will wait for updates from their end.

Come on Tata...atleast now take care of and responsibility for this situation.

GTO
Old 17th February 2006, 20:25   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
The Roys have issued a legal notice to Tatas on the 17th of November, 2005. We will wait for updates from their end.

Come on Tata...atleast now take care of and responsibility for this situation.

GTO
NEEDLESS TO SAY, TATA'S MOTORS DID NOT SEE THE NEED TO RESPOND TO OUR NOTICE. FINALLY A CASE HAS BEEN FILED AGAINST THEM ON 16.01,06, ADMITTED ON 30.01.06 AND THE FIRST HEARING IS SCHEDULED FOR THE 20TH OF THIS MONTH. THANKING YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL SUPPORT YOU HAVE GIVEN US.

I SHALL BE POSTING ALL THE DETAILS AND PRECEDURES OF THE CASE ON THIS TREAD.

SO LONG......
Old 17th February 2006, 22:49   #165
BHPian

Best of luck on the hearing, Varun....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks