Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2006, 14:56   #271
BHPian

Varun,

Do let us know the first cut version of the proceedings. it is becoming difficult to bear the wait.

Regards,

LS Jeyaraman
Old 11th May 2006, 15:31   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey
Varun,

Do let us know the first cut version of the proceedings. it is becoming difficult to bear the wait.

Regards,

LS Jeyaraman
Think about us. The wait is unbearable. I was told to come to the court for orders on the 12th. I couldn't wait so went there today only to be told that The Hon'ble Judge is on leave for the whole of this week. I have been asked to contact them next week. Be assured that this thread would the first place where the Judgement would be revealed.

So long....
Old 11th May 2006, 16:36   #273
BHPian

Hi Varun

First of all best of luck for the judgment.

I accidentally opened this page when it came into one of my searches. I read all the 19 pages, without missing a page. Just hoping that the judgment is passed in your favour. But there were many arguments stating that TATA can also approach the higher courts. But all it would do is delay your win and nothing else.

Really happy for the issue you have taken.

Last edited by anupamsinha : 11th May 2006 at 16:38.
Old 11th May 2006, 18:49   #274
BHPian

Man, this wait is irritating as heck. And I'm pretty pessimistic cos even after the judge rules in favor of Varun, those jokers at TATA could always appeal, couldn't they?

Anyways, best of luck Varun.
Old 11th May 2006, 23:30   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon
Man, this wait is irritating as heck. And I'm pretty pessimistic cos even after the judge rules in favor of Varun, those jokers at TATA could always appeal, couldn't they?

Anyways, best of luck Varun.
The more they delay the more they stand to lose.they don't realize that all this is giving them lot of negative publicity. Even if they appeal its going to be their loss. The Earlier they accept their folly, the better for them. they should have reliased by this time that Varun is a tough customer and would not spare them even if they appealed to the highest Court.

God bless.

Last edited by soccer : 11th May 2006 at 23:45.
Old 12th May 2006, 03:03   #276
Max
BHPian

haha, i have also been randomly ghosting up on this thread to know outcome. My best wishes for you arun and yes you can count me in customers who will not prefer to give business to tata group. I shown this thread to one of my customer who was with me and he dropped decision for buying tata vehicle. He is now considering mahindra bolero. You are costing them money bro. It doesn't matter weather those very highly respectable intelligent people at tata realize this or not!
Old 13th May 2006, 14:13   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha
Hi Varun

First of all best of luck for the judgment.

I accidentally opened this page when it came into one of my searches. I read all the 19 pages, without missing a page. Just hoping that the judgment is passed in your favour. But there were many arguments stating that TATA can also approach the higher courts. But all it would do is delay your win and nothing else.

Really happy for the issue you have taken.
Hi Anupam,

Welcome to team-bhp & especially to this thread. Thank you for the keen interest and your good wishes. I only pray that TRUTH shall prevail. With the support of people like youself I shall fight this battle to the end.

In the meanwhile I am having more problems with the car.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 13th May 2006 at 14:16.
Old 15th May 2006, 16:30   #278

Is the Judjment given out

Hi Varun,

Have you received the judgment on this case ??

I think TATA has lost a lot of potential customers because of this thread. I have personally send this thread to 5-6 people and 2-3 of them actuallly did not buy a TATA car because of this , the best i can say is they deserve this and hope they lose lot more for such pathetic service towards customers .

All the best for your case in case u have still not received the judgment.

Ranjan
Old 15th May 2006, 21:54   #279
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan_ms

Have you received the judgment on this case ?
Thank you for the good wishes.

No, the Judgement has not yet been delivered. I shall be going to the court tomorrow to know the outcome, if any. I have promised that the first people to know about the result would be Team-bhp family. Its only because of them that I have come this far.

In the mean while the Rear Leaf springs of the vehicle have packed up. The Lumber support Seats have also broken again. ( BTW, Not a single Victa vehicle in their workshop had seats that were in good working condition. The Lumber support mechanism was broken in each one of them ) Manipal Motors has refused to replace them under warranty, even though I have extended warranty that is valid upto 17th August, 2007. I have also checked with the Extended warranty terms mentioned in the document. These parts are also included as " parts covered under Extended Warranty " in the Booklet. I spoke to my lawyers and they claim that I am well within my rights to get these replacements.

I also spoke to the President, International Consumer Rights Protection Council and He told me something that I want to share with all of you.
If a given part has a warranty of 12 months and if during this period the said part is replaced under warranty, then the warranty period of the replaced part is a further 12 months from the date of its last replacement. Since both the above mentioned parts were replaced less than 6 months back I am entitled to the replacements under the Manufacturers Warranty, which is for a period of 18 months followed by 18 months of paid Extended Warranty.

I shall be writing to them shortly and if they don't relent then its another case against them at the Forum. Ofcourse, my actions would all depend on the verdict and if the case goes on an appeal at a higher court.

So long....
Old 16th May 2006, 00:20   #280
Senior - BHPian

All the best for tomorrow!!.. One thing I have learnt from this is to ensure that every complaint is RECORDED on the job card... I have always found that you say something and these guys write something else down! .. Only later you have no proof of having brought it their notice in the first place!
Old 16th May 2006, 20:08   #281
BHPian

Hi guys,

Went to the court today only to be told that The Hon'ble Judge is indisposed and will not be attending the Court for the next 10 days. So we just got to wait a little while longer and hope for the best.

So long....
Old 16th May 2006, 20:15   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hi guys,

Went to the court today only to be told that The Hon'ble Judge is indisposed and will not be attending the Court for the next 10 days. So we just got to wait a little while longer and hope for the best.

So long....
Welcome to India. It was the judge today, it'll be the defence lawyer next time and so on.
Old 16th May 2006, 20:23   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hi guys,

So long....
Is that so? Looks like there is no backup plan! So, the judge has not finalised on the outcome of this case? Or the decision is taken and the same judge has to read out the outcome?

Difficult to understand, what if the judge never comes back (hope this will not happen)? The whole thing will be revisited again????

Anyways, such a long wait to get the justice. Thats sad. Whole TBHP is waiting for the justice coming our way.

Last edited by Selective : 16th May 2006 at 20:37.
Old 16th May 2006, 20:52   #284
BHPian

Now that we all have time till the D-day, here's what we went through all these days.I post here my correspondence with Mr. Ratan Tata and others.
Later,I shall also be posting the details of Corresponce with them post the Vahan Yatra Episode. We have had a harrowing time all this while. Even now thier attitude remains the same. God help those who are suffering the same fate as mine.

So long....
Meenakshi Roy
Renaissance, 159/4, Ramesh Building, 1st Main Road, Seshadripuram, Bangalore 560 024.
Ph : 080 23442662 Mobile : 94480 81676 Fax : 080 23410895.
E-mail : varunroy@vsnl.com

4th May, 2005.
Mr. Ratan Tata
Chairman
Tata Motors Ltd.
Dear Mr. Tata,
[I was deeply impressed with your honest interview with Christabelle Noronha[i]posted[i]on your web site. You have mentioned
"You cannot afford to have a customer say, 'I made a mistake. I’ll never buy another product from this company.' You cannot even afford to have him say he is merely happy with your product. It needs to go further than that. He has to say, 'The next product I buy will be a Tata product.'"

Ratan Tata

My family and I have been staunch fans of Tata Motors ever since we had a Tata Sumo (my personal car) which I had purchased in May 1998. Though not very satisfied with the after sales service I could enjoy my vehicle with considerable ease by maintaining it myself and by using Telco Genuine Parts. I used this vehicle till August 2004 when the SUMO VICTA was launched. Being a loyal Tata customer, I was determined that my next vehicle would be a Tata Vehicle, because of its value for money properties.
Inspite of knowing & experiencing your Companies poor “After Sales Service” and other limitations, I was attracted into buying a SUMO VICTA GX TURBO. This being your top end model, had all the features that I desired so badly in my previous car. I purchased this model at M/s Manipal Motors, Bangalore on 18th August 2004 under hire purchase with Kotak Mahindra Primus Ltd. Apart from the other innovations; I was also told by The Sales Executives, Mr. Kumar & Mr. Praveen that the fuel efficiency of this particular model was very good because of the Turbo Charged Engine. They assured me 13.00 Kmpl in the city and 16 .00 Kmpl on the highways with A/C working. Since this model was more fuel efficient, it made business sense to change my car. Initially, I had booked a White VICTA GX TC, after personally visiting your Bangalore Office and confirming with Mr. Jatin Lekra and Mr. Saurabh Roy, of Tata Motors. They assured delivery of the vehicle within a maximum of two weeks.
On their assurance, I booked my vehicle after paying the initial advance amount, on July 24th 2004. Even three weeks later our vehicle did not arrive. After repeated calls to the dealer, we were informed by the dealer that no supplies of VICTA GX TC were expected for the next one month. By this time our loan was already processed and serviced charges towards the loan, paid. Mr. Kulkarni, Manager, Sales, Manipal Motors, offered us a Black Victa GX TC which was displayed in their showroom. He also mentioned that, although Tata Motors had specifically instructed them not to sell this particular vehicle. It was their demo car not meant for sale, and he offered it to us as an exception. I had no other choice and had to accept his offer, since by this time I had already sold my used Tata Sumo.

This car was ultimately delivered to us on 18th August, 2004. Then began our turmoil. The vehicle had to be taken to the workshop the very next day, and thereafter for four continuous days, from 20th to 24th August, as the PDI was not carried out before delivery.

Recently, my family and I traveled to Jaipur from Bangalore and back (4,500 Kms.), in this car. The vehicle returned a shockingly poor mileage of 9.5 Kmpl. The cost of running this car has become increasing difficult because of its excessive consumption of Fuel. At no point of time has the vehicle returned more than 8.00 Kmpl. in the city and 9.50 Kmpl. on the highway. Initially, I would get only 6.00 Kmpl. Each time, I reported to this to your Authorized Workshop in writing and recorded in their Job cards. On being asked about the cause, they would never give specific answers. At this point I realized that there was something seriously wrong with my car because I have had to visit the workshop 18 times from the day of purchase and each time my problems have remained the same. The number of parts that have been repeatedly changed under warranty is appalling. Rear Brake Liners, Brake Master cylinder, Slave Cylinder, Clutch Master Cylinder, Clutch Plates, Clutch Pressure Plate, AC unit, Rear Leaf Springs, Front Suspension Coil Springs, Steering Column Assy., Both Front Seats Assy.( twice ) , Seat Belts ( thrice ), Front Bumper Assembly, Power window switch ( twice ), FICD unit. Presently too, several parts need to be changed, which I am told are not in Stock. I now doubt that a defective vehicle was delivered to me. All other Victa GX TC owners are getting a good mileage. How else would one explain the number of defects and replacements done in my car? Surely, when one buys a new car he buys peace of mind and no hassles. But in my case I sold my Trouble free car and invited sleepless nights by buying this model.

At first, when I reported the matter to TASC, they showed some interest and did a few checks regarding the high fuel consumption. Later they became lethargic and would just postpone the job for a later date saying that Parts were not available. The Fuel injection Pump was recalibrated 3 times at the MICO authorized service station. Clearly, the TASC in this case were either not capable of comprehending the problems or just plain disinterested. I also came to know that many other customers were suffering the same way as I was, if not worse. This became a regular feature with them and subsequently when they did not heed to my complaints about any improvements, I wrote a letter on 16.01.2005 to the CEO of Manipal Motors, Mr. Balakrishna Rao apprising him about the situation I was in. A copy of the letter was faxed on the same day to your Bangalore Regional office. Both the parties showed scant interest in the matter. A copy of this letter is enclosed for your reference.

It was only when I personally landed up at the TASC along with my husband and exchanged a few harsh words with the works manager, that they shifted the onus on to Mr. Kapil Kulkarni of Tata Motors, Bangalore. Mr. Kapil initially assured me that all the problems would be solved to my satisfaction. He also told me that the excess amount that I have spent on fuel would be reimbursed. I would like to add here that Mr. Kapil Kulkarni did not give me his Visiting Card even when I asked him for one. He did not disclose his designation either. On my insistence he gave me a mobile number which according to him belonged to his colleague. With this sort of co operation, I was convinced that Mr. Kulkarni was just hood-winking me. He was technically quite poor on the subject and did not seem to know about the features of this particular model of the vehicle. My husband had to educate him on many aspects of the car. Very reluctantly, under pressure from me, a test drive was arranged on 17.03.2005 on the most traffic-free part of Bangalore highway. The vehicle returned 10.50 Kmpl on this test drive. After the test drive, on being told that this mileage was not acceptable to me, especially when other cars of the same model were returning a much higher Kmpl., ( details of such cars owners can be produced ), Mr. Kapil assured me of further improvements and to keep me informed by e-mail. Till date I have not received any report from him.
The post Test Drive meeting was attended by Mr. Balakrishna Rao - CEO, Mr. Sanjai Poll - GM Works, Mr. Prashanth – Service Manager, ( all from Manipal Motors ) Mr. Kapil Kulkarni – Designation not disclosed – Tata Motors Ltd , RO Bangalore, Mr. V.S.Pai – Service Manager, MICO, Mr. Prashant Roy – my husband, Mr. Varun Roy – my son and I. The CEO, who happened to be there by coincidence, stated that the mileage returned by our car was satisfactory. When I asked the CEO as to what was the recommended mileage of Tata Motors, I was shocked to hear him say that each car could deliver any mileage. Tata Motors does not follow any standards and they do not have any parameters. When questioned by me about the norms of standardization and the efficacy and definition of production, he drew a blank and even lost his temper. Later on, privately, he assured me that things would be taken care of. An embarrassed Mr. V S Pai intervened and offered to replace the FIP, even though he was convinced that the present Pump had no defects. Needless to say, all the other members were just mute spectators to this non technical discussion, more so Mr. Kapil Kulkarni, who appeared to be pleasing the TASC rather than its customers. It was a sad and disappointing end.

On 26.03.2005 I received a mail from Mr.Sanjai Poll, GM Works of Manipal Motors stating that the mileage my vehicle was giving, was satisfactory. Again my query on the basis of their satisfaction remained unanswered. They also refused to show me any record regarding the recommended Mileage claimed by Tata Motors. A copy of the mail is attached.

Till date my vehicle has many outstanding problems that have to be corrected. The entire vehicle is tilted to right side. The pick-up and torque has reduced drastically. This was also mentioned by Mr. Sanjai Poll to Mr. Kulkarni on the test drive in our presence. The torque and pick-up of the vehicle mysteriously satisfied him later. The Engine is noisy and smoky. Above all, every time I use the vehicle, it burns a hole in my pocket. I do not think that it would be possible for me to run this vehicle at its present running costs and look to you as my last hope. I have paid a heavy price for having been a dedicated Tata Customer.

I sincerely hope that this matter will be taken up on priority. Never has Tata Motors treated me like a king. These facts are only on paper. Genuine grievances have not been dealt with ethical professionalism. Manipal Motors has resorted to sheer escapism and has done their best in trying to prove the customer wrong.

Warm Regards,

Meenakshi Roy.

Enclosures :-

1. Letter Faxed to CEO, Manipal Motors dated 16.01.2005.Same letter faxed to Tata Motors , Bangalore.
2. E-mail received from Mr Sanjai Poll dated 26 03 2005 & my reply dated 04.04.2005.
3. E-mail to Mr. Sanjai dated 11.04.2005 & my reply dated 12.04.2005.
4. E-mail to Mr Sunjai dated 15.04.2005.
5. E-mail from Mr. Sunjai dated 18 04.2005 & my reply dated 18.04.2005.

The following information may also help you,

1. 98440 77119 Cell No. of Mr. Balakrishna Rao, CEO Manipal Motors, Bangalore
2. 98440 44409 Cell No. of Mr. Sunjai Poll, GM Works, Manipal Motors, Bangalore
3. 98456 97884 Cell No. of Mr. Prashanth, Service Manager, Manipal Motors, Bangalore
4. 92434 11920 & 98861 27629 Cell No. of Mr. Kapil Kulkarni’s Colleague, Tata Motors, Bangalore
5. 98450 28349 Cell No. of Mr.V.S. Pai, Service manager, MICO, Bangalore

Enclosure #1.

Meenakshi Roy
Proprietrix, Renaissance, 159, Ramesh Buil;ding 1st Main Road, Seshadripuram,
Bangalore 560 020. Phone : 080 20116719,23442664. Fax : 23410895
Mobile : 98802 01653, 94480 81676, 98802 48381.
E.mail :

Mr. Balakrishna Rao, 16th January, 2005
Chief Executive Officer,
Manipal Motors,
No. 20, Uniworth Plaza,
Sankey Road, Palace Guttahali
Bangalore 560 020
Phone : 23565222/23/24/25/26, 51138214/15/16/17
Fax : 080 23565227
E-mail :

Sir,

SUB : QUARTZ BLACK SUMO VICTA GX TURBO 7 SEATER
Regd. No. : KA 04 MA 8929, purchased on 18th August, 2004 from Manipal
Motors.
Distance covered : 11500.00 Km.

Attached you will find a list of complaints unattended at your workshop ever since the vehicle was purchased. It is shameful that my vehicle has visited your workshop more than 13 times apart from 1st service and most of my major complaints have not been attended to.

I was promised by Mr. Kumar and Mr. Praveen, your sales executives at the showroom, that this vehicle would deliver an average mileage of 13 Kmpl in the city with AC and 16 Kmpl on highways again with the AC. Considering this aspect I was
Attracted towards purchasing this model since at that time I already owned a Non-Turbo Sumo. I would also like to add here, that other Victa GX TC vehicles are performing to these levels. Unfortunately, at no time has my vehicle given me more than 8.00 Kms. Per litre. Even a mileage test done by your driver has returned the same results. Even the cost of diesel required for the test was paid by me. Considering that my vehicle has covered 11,500 Kms., it has consumed over 1,435 litres of Diesel. ( All bills are available )Under optimum conditions I should have used only 880 litres. At this rate you are liable to pay me Rs. 17,000.00 for the extra 555 litre’s that I have filled. I have spoken to many other Victa GX TC users and they all confirm that their Vehicles are returning 13 to 14 Kmpl with AC in city and 16.00 Kmpl with AC on highways. I could provide the details if required by you.

Added to this you are liable to pay for my time that I spent bringing the vehicle to
your Workshop, not once or twice but 13 Times. You are also liable to pay me for the
amount I have spent on other means of commuting while my vehicle was at your Workshop. It is shameful.

I have been a Tata Sumo Standard user since May 1998. My loyalty to TATA MOTORS is taking a heavy toll on my wallet. I am losing Rs. 1.50 on every Km. and
yet your Works Manager does not feel the need to take corrective action. Even after
my repeated calls to him he has not felt the need to call me. He had assured me that he
would discuss with Tata Motors about the problem and set things right. I am yet to
hear from him. At the time of purchase he assured me that Manipal Motors would offer me excellent after sales service. I feel very let down and disappointed.

Other than this problem, my vehicle has Gear Box Problems, The Steering Column,
Rear Leaf Spring Cluster, Both front seat belts, Front pillar mountings, Ac Duct
grilles, and several other Parts have serious functional problems, which are forever
Out of Stock and the vehicle is returned with the standard reply, PNA ( Part Not
Available ). I need you to address this problem at the earliest, Since all the parameters
have been checked and found OK the problem surely lies with the Engine.
Arrangements should be made for its replacement immediately. I do not wish that your
Engineers open this Factory fitted Engine. You are also liable to provide me with a vehicle for my use while my car is being attended at your Workshop.

I am refraining myself from displaying prominent posters on my vehicle stating all
Facts about my Victa in particular and about the shabby treatment a Tata Vehicle
owner gets after his purchase. My patience is running out as I have co-operated with
You beyond limits and my silence is being taken as my acceptance for your disgraceful
Service. I will be forced to park my vehicle outside your Showroom displaying these
Posters every day , since running the vehicle at these costs do not make any sense
anyway. I am disgusted.

List of complaints to be attended to immediately

1. Mileage disgraceful (Avg. 7.2 – 7.8 kmpl in city, 8.5 to 8.9 kmpl on highways.)Mileage
Test done at Manipal Motors Workshop, engine timing reset thrice, FIP sent for re-\
calibration to m/s Manjunatha Diesels, Bangalore and reported to be perfect.
2. Poor pick-up in comparison to the time when vehicle was test driven before purchase.
3. Top-end speed and torque very poor as compared to the time when vehicle was test
driven before purchase.
4. Engine idle RPM is erratic, FICD RPM also not stable.
5. Gear stick very hard while shifting gears. 1st and reverse gear do not engage at all at
certain times, especially on cold mornings and when the car is parked for a long time.
already complained earlier, no action taken.
6. Excessive wind sound in cabin with all windows rolled up when traveling above 80
Kmph. Unable to hear music due to this and adds to driving fatigue.
7. Vehicle tilted to the right side as compared to all other Victa GX TC 7 STR vehicles.
8. Both front seat belts not releasing and do not return, to be replaced under warranty
With pillars ( pending since purchase of vehicle. )
9. Front centre (both) AC grilles to be replaced under warranty.
10. Rear AC blower unit housing damaged to be replaced under warranty.
11. Steering column shake and sound on rough roads
12. Bolt caps missing.
13. Brake pedal noisy and sluggish while pressing.
14. Clutch pedal very rough and vibrates when pressed mid-way.
15. Both ORVM paint peeled off.

Awaiting your early action.

Meenakshi Roy.

Enclosure # 2.

----- Original Message -----
To:
Cc: ;
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:06 AM
Subject: MR ROY SUMO VICTA

Dear Sir,

Sub: - Fuel efficiency test on your car KA 04 MA 8929

This is in reference to our interaction on 17.03.05 on the subject matter.

Car was taken for test drive of 121.75 kms with AC on and 6 passengers seating inside.
Car was drive by you for 60 kms and by Mr. Sanjai (GM Manipal motors) for 61.75 kms
Total fuel consumed by car was 11.50 lts

This works out to fuel efficiency of 10.586 Kmpl

Fuel efficiency of 10.586 kmpl with 6 persons and AC on condition is a satisfactory performance.
For further assistance please get in touch with us

Regards,
Sanjai.A.Poll

Dear Mr. Sanjai Poll, GM, Manipal Motors,

Thank you for your delayed reply. You have not mentioned that the test drive on Victa GX TC KA-04 MA 8929 was done on a 6- lane highway with no major towns to cross midway. Moreover the fuel on both the onward and return trip was filled on the highway. Further there was no luggage carried while the test was done. You may be satisfied with the mileage as your are unable to comprehend the problem. You were also unable to show me the mileage that has been recommended by Tata Motors. What has been basis of your "satisfaction" when you yourself agreed that Tata Motors has laid no reference levels for mileage. You have chosen to remain silent about the low torque and power, which you yourself were mentioning to Mr.Kapil on our test Drive? Your CEO also went to the extent of mentioning that Tata Motors does not follow any Standardization. When your CEO was informed (not for the first time) that other Victa GX TCs were returning a much better mileage both in the city and highway, he answered that each car is different and will return a different mileage. All this was said in the presence of Mr. Kapil Kulkarni, who was a mute spectator. I shall take up the matter with Tata Motors Head-Office as I am now sure that you are incapable of solving this problem. Mr. Kapil Kulkarni had promised that similar tests will be done on the same route with the same drivers with other Victas GX TCs. Have you done these tests? It is almost as if you are all scared of the results.

I am yet to hear from Mr. Kapil Kulkarni regarding the other problems which are to be attended on my vehicle. I am totally disgusted with Tata Motors and Manipal Motors and now repent having bought this vehicle. When I aproached Mr. Prashanth regarding the other problems, he conveniently passed the entire responsibility to Mr. Kapil Kulkarni, saying that he would talk to him and get back to me. That day has not dawned yet.

By the way, I am still getting 7.6 to 8.00 Kmpl. on the city roads. The Power Steering is still making awful sounds while turning, the front driver seat lumbar support has broken again, the vehicle has tilted even more to the right side and other motorists warn me that I am running on a punctured right tyre. I do not know how many more times the same parts will be replaced and how many other parts will break down when this is supposed to be a new car. Or is it? I am disgusted. How many more times do you want me to get in touch with you for the deserving repairs. I have already visited your workshop 18 times losing valuable time and energy, not to mention the loss to my business. You don't care, since it is not your pocket that is being pinched. The whole of Manipal Motors is totally indifferent and unaccountable to its customers. Each one feels he is the boss and I feel sorry for the ignorant and the illiterate. May God help them.

Please ensure that you respond to this letter.
Meenakshi Roy.

Enclosure # 3.

Dear Sir,
This has reference to your mail dated 04/04/05.
As mentioned to you in our previous mail that mileage is a satisfactory performance.Regarding other issues mentioned,please let us know two days prior as to when you can bring your vehicle for inspection and nesessary action.

Regards,
Sanjai.A.Poll

Dear Mr. Sanjai,

My husband has been always calling you and Mr. Prashanth for action, but it is you who have always delayed the process. As you are well aware of my problems, please ensure all replacements are available with you.I shall await your call.
]Regarding Mileage I am still getting only 8 Kmpl. I do not expect any further results from you and the matter is being dealt with.This is for your information

Meenakshi Roy.

Fromsanjai
To:
Cc ;
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 11:31 AM
Subject: YOUR SUMO VICTA

Enclosure # 4.

Dear Mr. Sanjai,

This is to confirm that Mr. Prashanth, Service Manager, called me yesterday at 3.30 PM under instructions from you.I appreciate your prompt response and thank you for the same. However I was disappointed when I was told that the parts required for correcting the vehicle tilt would take another 15 days.Your earlier mail had suggested that I could come anytime by informing you 2 days in advance. I do not understand how this would have helped when you do not have the neccessary spare parts in stock. I have briefed Mr. Prashanth on all the outstanding problems and I hope that they would all be set right on my next visit, whenever that may be, depending on you.

Thank you once again,

Prashant Roy. ----- Original Message -----
[b]From: ]
To:
Cc ;
Sent:Saturday, April 16, 2005 7:11 PM
Subject:events of the day

Dear Mr. Sanjai,

Your personnel, Mr. Eliaz had come home this morning along with another person to check my car this morning at 10.30 AM. The following defects which were noticed and confirmed by him in my presence to Mr. Prashanth, Service Manager are 1. Both front seats Lumbar support system is broken and needs to be replaced, 2. Noise emitting from the Power steering system when turning from right to left and vice versa, 3. Low Torque and pick up of the Engine. I have requested Mr. Prashanth to review the matter with you and inform me about the action to be taken.
Mr Prashanth's informed me that his people would come on the 15th evening at 6.00 PM. At 7.00 PM when no one turned up, I sent an SMS to Mr. Prashanth.A couple of minutes later Mr. Eliaz called and informed me that he does not have transport facility and that he would come the next day that was today.

This is for your information.

Prashant Roy

Enclosure # 5.

To:
Cc: ;
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 1:21 PM
Subject:Your Sumo Victa

Dear Sir, as you desired we have sent our supervisor to inspect the lumbar support seats & found that lumbar support cables were broken, we have already placed an order for the lumbar support seats,as and when the parts reach us we will intimate you.
Regarding the other two complaints which you have mentioned in your mail our representative couldn't confirm the complaint & found normal.
The same was intimated by our representative to Prashanth.
We appolize for our representative not able to attend you on 15th april at 6.30 pm becoz he was stuck up at a break down in hosur road and not becoz of transport not available as mentioned by you in your mail. He has called you and informed regarding the subject matter & took appointment for the next day.

Regards,
Sanjai.
Dear Mr. Sanjay,
Thank you for acknowledging that the seats need to be changed and shall be replaced as soon as possible. You are aware that these have already been changed once before under warranty. How soon is your soon ? As usual you have not committed to any time frame. This has been going on since I purchased the vehicle and you write to me that I can come anytime by informing 2 days in advance.You have been fooling your customers repeatedly and above all yourself.

It was not I who desired that your people come home, but it was suggested by Mr. Prashanth. and I am thankful for this.Your person had confirmed to Mr. Prashanth about the sound in the steering and the low pick up in my presence and on my mobile. If he denies this in my absence then I am helpless. I am not surprised at this because you yourself told Mr. Kapil about the low torque while we were on that test drive and subsequently ignored this fact totally. When you can do that in our presence why won't your personnel do it in our absence. After all the organization is as strong or weak as its seniors.

Further, the day your person was supposed to come, he informed me that his motorcycle had broken down only after my SMS to Mr. Prashanth. He also mentioned that he did not have any alternative transport. Why didn't Mr. Prashanth call me or SMS me immediately?
The starter which was repaired under warranty is making the same sounds again.

Prashant Roy.

Last edited by ported_head : 17th May 2006 at 00:16.
Old 16th May 2006, 21:44   #285
BHPian

Dear Administrator.

I hope my edited version would be displayed on this thread. The editing was not allowed because I had overshot the time limit of 20 minutes.

So long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks