Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 15:42   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I really really hope I am proved wrong but I am getting really bad vibes from all that is happening, varun.
Amit, I hope we are not over reacting, but at times even I feel the same way. We all know that anything is possible but I am confident that truth shall overcome all hurdles. It was because of my bad luck that I ended up with this pain, but I am also sure that this can't last very long and even if it does there's no looking back. Its only a question of time before the verdict is out and lets hope that it is in our favour.

So long....
Old 25th June 2006, 09:24   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Meenakshi & Varun,

Even reading this thread makes one feel the frustration.

With me, I can see what could have been, but isnt. I too have the Victa, had some teething problems [fautly FIP, which was replaced]. But things have been fairly smooth since then. I dont do more than 9kmpl in Blr, but can hardly get into 3rd to expect any serious FE.

I hope the outcome of the case gives you atleast some satisfaction.

With you on this,
-Parwath
Old 27th June 2006, 15:38   #318

Question for Mr. Roy

Mr. Roy one question for you..

What will your attitude from now on towards Cars from Tata..??

I know you had been a fan of TATA cars till now.. will the court verdict make any difference in your attitude..??
Old 27th June 2006, 23:43   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Hi Varun,

No there is no reply or acknowledgement from Christabelle Noronha or tata media department!. Well, guys I sent email to media @ tata.com which appears to be tata group media email. How can they ignore bad publicity (tata media department !) of their child / sister company ?. Also it was said in the link that Christabelle Norohna works for TATA Media department at this link hence i sent the email to media at tata.com.

Here is the link which says Christabelle Noronha works for TATA Media department
http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/tsunam...ater/india.asp

btw, my NHC side door was kissed by truck and it has bented and have little damage. I have TATA AIG insurance cover which should pay for this. Lets see how they handel my vehicels case (another tata company).

Well, this is my first insurance claim in life. any tips

Hi

I had bad experience with TATA AIG and have shifted to Maruti Insurance after 2 years of fighting with them.

I had an accident with my Baleno in the first year. A dog got smashed on my bumper on a highway. In the process, My bumper got damaged and it also damaged my AC condenser and Fan Motor.

Total Expenses : Rs 26000 ( amounts are approx)
1. Front Bumper and painting : Rs 13000
( it is costing only Rs. 3000 these days)
2. Fan Motor Assembly : Rs 13000

TATA AIG paid me Rs 6500 for the first item saying plastic parts are 50% which is ok with me

Then comes the hilarious part - they paid Rs6500 for the fan motor assembly saying - Fan is a plastic part so the whole assembly will be considered as a plastic one.

I had to pay the amount Rs13000 due to their crazy interpretation.

I didnt let go - after so many threats , letters and emails - they sent Rs 6500 by post after 6 months .

the next year - i had an minor accident with the mad ricks of Chennai.
This guy coming on the opposite side overtook a vehicle without seeing and bumped into my right side. I took evasive action and scraped the poles on the left.

the claim came to Rs 26000- they were willing to pay only rs. 6000 saying a claim can be made for only 1 side .

I cancelled the claim and switched to Maruti this year .

When u claim from TATA AIG - U are a beggar trying to get the best from them - wherein in reality it is your money ur are claiming

Avoid TATA AIG at any cost - i should have insured my peace of mind tooo...

Note from moderator : Abusive language directed towards employees of a company is not permitted here. Please watch your language before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th June 2006 at 02:54.
Old 28th June 2006, 00:25   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AS usual the TATA AIG sales whores called me up with their sweet talk for renewal
What you went through with your insurance process was not because of them. Why take out your anger at innocent employees? I know you didn't call them that when talking to them but why refer to them with that term on the forum too?
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:35   #321
BHPian

latest update

This is the latest on my Consumer Court Case.

I had called them today and I was told that the next date alloted to my case is 14.07.06. However things are not clear as to what has to be done on that day. Most probably the verdict would be pronounced but the hon'ble Judge who heard my arguments has not yet resumed his duties. A new Officer has been appointed and he is refered to as "incharge" by the office bearers.
I am not sure as to what role he would be playing in my case. I shall be consulting my lawyer regarding this and shall keep you updated.

So long....
Old 3rd July 2006, 20:51   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the next date alloted to my case is 14.07.06
Indian justice system!
Taarik pe taarik! (courtsey: Sunny Deol and Raj Kumar Santoshi from Damini!)
Old 5th July 2006, 21:59   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Indian justice system!
Taarik pe taarik! (courtsey: Sunny Deol and Raj Kumar Santoshi from Damini!)
It appears that I may have to go through the ORAL ARGUMENTS once again on the 14th. I hope that this would be the last Taarikh....

So long....
Old 6th July 2006, 07:34   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

For a moment, as I opened the thread, I was hoping that there is something to cheer up about ..
Old 6th July 2006, 14:40   #325
BHPian

Absolutely disgusting............. Never expected this from TATA!!!! With such service..... TATA's gonna suffer! One reason why companies like Mittal steel, in a decade, could do things TATA Steel couldn't do over three generations.....

Last edited by dustDevil : 6th July 2006 at 14:42.
Old 6th July 2006, 15:49   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

dustDevil, the devil is in the justice system in this instance ..
Old 6th July 2006, 22:49   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
dustDevil, the devil is in the justice system in this instance ..
You know, I have nothing to complain. My case went at break neck speed and even the Judgement date came quite soon. At no time did I ever feel that the Panel of members had tried to delay the case . The only delay that occured were from Tatas End. You would be surprised they could not produce a single document to prove their accusations that I had manipulated and created all these facts. On a couple of occassions the Hon'ble Judge has even reprimanded the opposite lawyer for wasting the court's time. Without a doubt, the proceedings were handled without any partiality and with a sense of urgency. This should really encourage others to seek redressal against any unfair deal or practice.

Its was unfortunate that the Hon'ble Judge was indisposed at the Finale. As I said earlier, its just a passing phase and this will not last long. The result will be out soon....... after a short pause.

So long....
Old 7th July 2006, 01:49   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its was unfortunate that the Hon'ble Judge was indisposed at the Finale
I just hope that he is actually indosposed and has not been paid to become indisposed.
Old 7th July 2006, 20:21   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I just hope that he is actually indosposed and has not been paid to become indisposed.
Highly unlikely, as this will only delay the inevitable. Nobody can buy time endlessly.

So long....
Old 7th July 2006, 20:44   #330
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the dealer, but Tata will not probably pay anyone off. Their ageing bureaucracy might try proving an absurd point or two (esp to some departmental satraps internally) and drag on stuff legally, but i know as an org they've spent huge amounts legally fighting a traffic case involving one of their company vehicles, when a small bribe would have gotten it done faster. They've (esp the car divn - the truckies have nailed that ages ago for a very demanding segment) a lot to learn wrt customer service, but they, as a group, are probably examples where ethics are concerned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks