Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 02:04   #211
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Scumbags. If they are telling so many lies, I hope the court has the jurisdication to charge them for telling lies in a court of law (even though it is a civil matter).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 14th April 2006, 12:51   #212
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need your help. Shall be grateful if you could please give me details of any Automobile court/consumer Forum cases that you would have heard or seen or read in Print media. Also if theres is any website or any link that I could follow up.

The ones that I have are :

1. Full Refund for Opel Astra car with 12% interest + 2 lacks damages+ 10,000/- legal expenses. ( 30 January 2003 National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, New Delhi)

2. Replacement of Fiat Uno with a new one (sify.com 15th Feb, 2006.)

3. 50,000/- + replacement of Maruti 800 gear box. ( TOI, Bangalore, page 7. 30 March, 2006 )

As you are aware that the argument stage of the case is on 18th of this month, your help would be highly valued.

Thanks again,

So long....
Old 14th April 2006, 13:01   #213
BANNED

varunroy - your lawer(s) should be doing this for you. I'm surprised that they aren't.

Anyway, hope this helps
http://consumer.indlaw.com/
Old 14th April 2006, 14:43   #214
BANNED

Really A shame on TATA.

I was on the verge of buying an Indica Turbo. Now, I'll rethink about it.

Ripping off the stickers? That's the worst thing to do. Damage from the car itself is less than that arrogant job. They should find that Stupid who did this and Fire him out of this world!
Old 17th April 2006, 21:43   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
[SIZE=2]Scumbags. If they are telling so many lies, I hope the court has the jurisdication to charge them for telling lies in a court of law (even though it is a civil matter).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
These statements made by them are in the form of sworn affidavits which are notarised. I mean all the lies are sworn by them ,then notarised and in the end they walk away scot free. But its comforting to note that the Judges are taking and overhaul view af each case and are also looking at hard realities.

Tomorrow, 18th, the arguments should start and hopefully this should end soon.

So long....
Old 17th April 2006, 21:55   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
varunroy - your lawer(s) should be doing this for you. I'm surprised that they aren't.

Anyway, hope this helps
http://consumer.indlaw.com/
Hi hrag,

My lawyers are doing there best, but unfortunately there are'nt many cases which could be refered to. Even the Mr. Saxena, President of ICRPC (International Consumer Rights Protection Council ) was not able to help.

Thanks for the link, but I need to register with them to view their Files.

So long....
Old 18th April 2006, 01:22   #217
Senior - BHPian

Vraun, i believe this is what you are looking for: http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?...et~damages~rap

its the first story.
Old 18th April 2006, 16:51   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Vraun, i believe this is what you are looking for: http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?...et~damages~rap

its the first story.
Hi Deeps,

Thanks for the link. It will surely help me a lot, specially when the Judge has reprimanded the Manufacturers by quoting " It is shameful that even though the vehicle was defective, respondents failed to even acknowledge defects " . Should definitely help my case, where Tatas Motors have done the same.

So long....
Old 18th April 2006, 17:10   #219
BHPian

Today's the 18th. And unless the Tata lawyers ask for ANOTHER extention, hopefully the case gets resolved soon.
Hey Varun, i'm keeping the champagne bottle right next to me. Give us all the happy news fast and we'll uncork and let the bubbly flow!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 18th April 2006 at 17:11.
Old 18th April 2006, 21:27   #220
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Today's the 18th. And unless the Tata lawyers ask for ANOTHER extention, hopefully the case gets resolved soon.
Hey Varun, i'm keeping the champagne bottle right next to me. Give us all the happy news fast and we'll uncork and let the bubbly flow!
Hats off to your enthu, alok! You guessed it right. The Senior Tata Lawyer appeared for the first time and asked for an extension. Case posted to 25.04.06.
Well, the senior Tata lawyer told the judge that we hadn't filed our affidavit at the last hearing and copies of our affidavits were not given to him. His lies were caught by the judge when he saw that the evidence was filed by us, along with the affidavits on that day along with three sets of copies meant for the Opposite Parties 1,2, and 3 which they were supposed to have collected had they appeared on 10.03.06. I have filed my complaint against Tata Motors Head Office ( OP 1 ), Tata Motors Regional Office, Bangalore ( OP 2 ) and the dealer Manipal Motors, Bangalore ( OP 3 ).
The judge was upset that their lawyer was not serious at this stage of the case when the arguments should have begun today. When my lawyer insisted that he was ready to go ahead with the arguments, the Op lawyer asked for a Commission to be set up to examine our car to prove that it was defective. The judge reminded him that setting up a Commission was the prerogative of the complainant and not the respondent, that too in the absence of evidence. Our lawyer informed the judge that this was unnecessary as the evidence was sufficient enough to prove beyond doubt that this was a defective car.

The judge reminded the OP lawyer that they had not produced written evidence neither their affidavits on 10.03.06. However, they then filed their affidavit today without any evidence/documents. The affidavit filed
today was nothing but a photocopy of the reply given earlier to our petition.

In the meanwhile, the champagne will have to be cooled further......

So long....
Old 18th April 2006, 21:52   #221
BHPian

Sigh! WHEN will these people ever learn! I think they know they fighting a losing battle, so they stalling for time waiting for some miracle to happen (like some evidence against you to mysteriously pop up).
Not only was the Tata car provided to you defective, but so was the case with their so called senior lawyer too... incompetent buggers if I must say!

Another shady tactic like this, and hopefully the judge will seriously consider pushing the case in your favour! No one deserves this sort of treatment, and it's really great to see you not backing off!

Anyway, best of luck for the 25th Varun. I have a feeling that the 25th will be no where close to the end of your battle.

Oh RATS... so the champagne lives to see another day!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 20th April 2006, 23:12   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Anyway, best of luck for the 25th Varun. I have a feeling that the 25th will be no where close to the end of your battle.

You are right ghostrider. Its case of so near yet so far. These Tata Guys are adept at delaying matters.

The supervisor of Manipal Motors had called me yesterday asking me to get my vehicle to their W/s today for certain repairs. To my horror, when I reached there, this guy was on leave and the parts that were required for replacement under warranty were not in stock. Even the service manager
was not available. Ultimately I had to write a letter right there stating all the facts and have a copy of this letter acknowledged by the service advisor.

Btw, Manipal Motors has been awarded the Best Managed Workshop award for the year 2005-2006 by Tata Motors. If this is the state of No. 1 , then one can imagine the rest of them.

So long....
Old 21st April 2006, 00:18   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
You are right ghostrider. Its case of so near yet so far. These Tata Guys are adept at delaying matters.

The supervisor of Manipal Motors had called me yesterday asking me to get my vehicle to their W/s today for certain repairs. To my horror, when I reached there, this guy was on leave and the parts that were required for replacement under warranty were not in stock. Even the service manager
was not available. Ultimately I had to write a letter right there stating all the facts and have a copy of this letter acknowledged by the service advisor.

Btw, Manipal Motors has been awarded the Best Managed Workshop award for the year 2005-2006 by Tata Motors. If this is the state of No. 1 , then one can imagine the rest of them.

So long....
Why are you even giving them a chance to repair the car ? If you do go for more repairs then always state on any documents that although you have allowed repair you fully reserve your rights as per statautory legislation and that accepting the repair does not constitute you accepting the goods.

They have messed you about enough. I would be inclined to hire a car and bill Tata for this during the court hearings. They have had enough chances to get their finger out but have failed you on a regular basis.
Old 21st April 2006, 11:25   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
Why are you even giving them a chance to repair the car ? If you do go for more repairs then always state on any documents that although you have allowed repair you fully reserve your rights as per statautory legislation and that accepting the repair does not constitute you accepting the goods.
The repairs and regular service are being carried out with the sole aim of keeping the vehicle in running condition and are being done in full consultation with my Lawyers. This car is the only source of conveyance to me & my family.These are the basic repairs that need to keep the car going for as long as the final verdict and we all know that Tatas could go on appealing at the higher courts, even if the Judgement is in my favour. Not getting the car repaired would make me liable of breaking the warranty conditions. Further I am entitled to these repairs, immaterial of whether the matter is in the Legal Forum.

Quote:
They have messed you about enough. I would be inclined to hire a car and bill Tata for this during the court hearings. They have had enough chances to get their finger out but have failed you on a regular basis
I wish, I could afford an alternate mode of Transport at this point of time. Also the important point here is that, should the matter prolong for a long period, then these repairs carried out under warranty will further strengthen my case.

So long....
Old 21st April 2006, 11:42   #225
BHPian

Hi Varun,

A similar case was filed and won by Dr Sunil Pullackaran for his defective TATA Indica (an active member in PalioUserGroup). He is also member of TBHP. You can get help from him. All the best Varun. Hope you'll win the case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks