Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 15:01   #421
BHPian

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

How long will M&M make its customers wait, I read that trial production began a few months ago.

This will shake up the market if priced around Rs 5 lacs and if the engine is reliable and fuel efficient too. Many people aspire to have a SUV type(spacious) vehicle but shy away due to cost reasons.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:57   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
You know how it goes in measuring the lengths of a skirt, if mini Xylo is mini then the Ertiga might be a mid(i) and the Innova and Xylo the Max(i)
And you know the relation between skirt length and the economy. So I guess we'll have to wait for happier times!

Regards
Sutripta
Old 20th November 2011, 20:34   #423
BHPian

Quote:
How long will M&M make its customers wait, I read that trial production began a few months ago.
Prospective customers are waiting for long now and the competition is also gearing up slowly.

With the Ford's Ecosport India plans. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...all-suv-6.html Mahindra should launch it early to take early movers advantage in this newly introduced segment of compact SUV's (or UV's to be precise?).

Any way's it's always a customer's advantage to have more options to choose from - in this case the compact SUV's.

I can wait for my next vehicle for at least one more year before I upgrade my 1 year old Alto K10. And my upgrade will definitely be a vehicle like mini Xylo - the vehicle more suitable for roads of my native place than any CAR .
Old 27th November 2011, 14:10   #424
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,

Did I just break the code of whether it is a 7 seater or 5 seater? well, i am attaching some "EXCLUSIVE" pictures that I have clicked this morning. I caught 2 models of the mini xylo; one is a 7 seater (with bench seats facing each other) and the other was, hold your breadth! an 8 seater!!

All I can say is, I am thoroughly impressed with the clever packaging this SUV comes with. The interior quality is leaps and bounds ahead of the current xylo, a whole good textures, better finishing, to some extent spacious for the first 5 passengers too.

What surprised me is that both the cars (7/8) seater had different rear endings! let the pictures do the talking.

if you have any specific queries, feel free to ask.

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-img2011112700256.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-img2011112700255.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-img2011112700259.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-img2011112700262.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st December 2011 at 10:16. Reason: Merging as per request. Thanks.
amtak is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 14:32   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Most detailed pics till date

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Dear all,

Did I just break the code of whether it is a 7 seater or 5 seater? well, i am attaching some "EXCLUSIVE" pictures that I have clicked this morning. I caught 2 models of the mini xylo; one is a 7 seater (with bench seats facing each other) and the other was, hold your breadth! an 8 seater!!

All I can say is, I am thoroughly impressed with the clever packaging this SUV comes with. The interior quality is leaps and bounds ahead of the current xylo, a whole good textures, better finishing, to some extent spacious for the first 5 passengers too.

What surprised me is that both the cars (7/8) seater had different rear endings! let the pictures do the talking.

if you have any specific queries, feel free to ask.

Now team, due to some errors, I am unable to attach it. Can I mail it to someone to attach the same?
Am dying to see the pics as well as the launch, but it begs me to ask, what's the USE of an 8 seater mini Xylo variant?
a la the Toyota IMV platform then the front should have been changed to be more of an SUV, here the front is the same, then what would be the differentiating factor in the 8 seater mini Xylo and the ordinary Xylo.
Old 27th November 2011, 14:38   #426
BHPian

Wheel on rear door makes it to look like old gen KIA Sportage
Sub 4 meter yet 7/8 seater is going to be a sure success provided they have 90-100hp engine.

Seems Mahindra is burning all the mid night oil
Old 27th November 2011, 14:52   #427
Senior - BHPian

If you noticed, the height of both the vehicles is different. I got some more pictures, will post them soon. Also, notice that both (7/8) seater models have different bumpers.

Last edited by amtak : 27th November 2011 at 14:54.
Old 27th November 2011, 14:56   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you noticed, the height of both the vehicles is different. I got some more pictures, will post them soon. Also, notice that both (7/8) seater models have different bumpers.
Pictures ASAP please! Just a wild guess - the 8 seater for taxi segment [like indicab] and 7 seater for personal usage segment? I really don't find any other reason why a manufacturer would spend the extra bucks on one single model. How was the interiors in both, in terms of quality if you could judge from sight?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th November 2011 at 14:58.
Old 27th November 2011, 15:03   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pictures ASAP please! Just a wild guess - the 8 seater for taxi segment [like indicab] and 7 seater for personal usage segment? I really don't find any other reason why a manufacturer would spend the extra bucks on one single model. How was the interiors in both, in terms of quality if you could judge from sight?
Interiors, way to better than the current XYLO and a lot better than TATA MUV's. I am happy to say that they have ditched the dirty brown dashboard from the current xylo. it was a ready model with 2 din player and all clean interiors. Also, look at the shine on the car tires, spanking new! Side cladding over bumpers, make it look nice!
Old 27th November 2011, 15:11   #430
BHPian

Somehow I think this is based on the XUV platform. Not the Xylo. A Shortened XUV should be cheaper to manufacture than a shortened Ladder-frame Xylo if I am not wrong.

Also this feeling comes from the lettering which says W-203 (XUV was W-201).

AND that also explains a LOT of other stuff I was wondering about.

AND the XUV platform = lower weight = Not feeling underpowered with a 90/100HP engine.
Old 27th November 2011, 16:32   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak
Hi Mods, request you to kindly merge this thread with the other one. I am facing some weird network issue!
I dont know if anyone has already noticed but the front of the first vehicle looks more like a mini xuv an the second one more like a mini xylo.

Venki
Old 27th November 2011, 17:00   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki7744 View Post
I dont know if anyone has already noticed but the front of the first vehicle looks more like a mini xuv an the second one more like a mini xylo.

Venki
It's just the pictures playing magic. I too thought that they are different. But one has black grill, the other one has white! I also thought that maroon one had a longer hood.
Old 27th November 2011, 17:07   #433
BHPian

Quote:
It's just the pictures playing magic. I too thought that they are different. But one has black grill, the other one has white! I also thought that maroon one had a longer hood.
Its not magic. The white one is visibly shorter in height and GC.

The rear bumpers are different.

The rear differential is more visible on the maroon one (W201) than on the white one even though the spare wheel on the maroon one sits behind the differential(presumably) and not on the rear hatch/door as the white one.
Old 27th November 2011, 17:57   #434
Senior - BHPian

excellent catch !

please get the pictures watermarked before someone else starts claiming it as their "scoop" !
Old 27th November 2011, 18:19   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Its not magic. The white one is visibly shorter in height and GC.

The rear bumpers are different.

The rear differential is more visible on the maroon one (W201) than on the white one even though the spare wheel on the maroon one sits behind the differential(presumably) and not on the rear hatch/door as the white one.
Yes, i was just referring to the face of the SUV's! Here is one more pic!

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-mini.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st December 2011 at 10:13. Reason: Thanks! Watermarked.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks