Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 00:18   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

This car will survive only if it comes with a diesel version or priced liked a C segment car. Why they couldn't hold current civic proportions? This design is like a overgrown city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoza View Post
Does this mean we should expect new designs sooner for the city and crv as well?
Honda usually updates city model every five years. So we can expect an updated city model by late 2013 or early 2014 but not before that.

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th April 2011 at 00:19.
Old 20th April 2011, 00:46   #257
BHPian

I like the design of this new car. Its a very well proportioned, clean and fuss free design, unlike the funky one of present. Nothing on road looks like the current one but this is a bit more generic and expanded Honda City. Expect the Asian versions to carry lot more chrome on the outside. The tail lamps on the white one looks to be closely inspired from Merc C class from some angles, the colour white looks way better than the black probably due to its body lines being more visible in the photos.

The interiors do look boxy in pictures but may end up being a lot more driver focused due to its tilt towards the driver side and thus people may end up liking it. It seems like completely inspired from the current one and hence retains the funky aspect unlike the exterior. What I didn't like from these pics are its dull grey colour which look cheaper than the present one. Hope to see it in a similar shade to current one or complete black with soft touch panels like in Laura.

Whats disappointing though are the engines. I expected DI petrol with Vtec atleast if not a turbo. There was this rumor that all the F1 race engineers were transferred to engine r&d department, wonder whats cooking there with Honda choosing the Corolla India route with retaining the same engines with minor tweaks.

Last edited by v.anand : 20th April 2011 at 00:50.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:27   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
The current civic has the iconic design that could have stood the test of the next 10 yrs without looking outdated.
Very true. The current Civic design is literally what they call as futuristic! Looked a bit gimmicky when launched, but it did grow very well over the years, and still have the grace to look youthful for another 3-4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
This one looks like a City on steroids.
Nothing new here. This is something which every other manufacturer is following. The Toyota Corolla looks like a Vios on steroids, or a skinny Camry. The VW Phaeton, Passat, upcoming Jetta and Vento all look strikingly similar albeit some size variations. And the F10 BMW looks so similar to the 7-series.

Actually the new Civic does not look that bad. Maybe the disappointment is more due to high expectations

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th April 2011 at 07:28. Reason: Quote correction
Old 20th April 2011, 13:46   #259
Senior - BHPian

Clear Interior Shot from Burlappcars.com
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-002.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 14:04   #260
dot
Senior - BHPian

Look at pic number 12 in sid's post. The new 9th gen car is in front of an 8th gen. The 8th gen looks so much better.

However will reserve comments till the Indian edition is out. Sometimes pictures doesnt do justice. Moreover as folks have pointed out, the Indian edition may have a larger share of bells and whistles and design element changes.
Old 20th April 2011, 14:21   #261
BHPian

Echo the sentiments of most people on this thread. New Civic does not really match up, partly due to high expectations and also due to how good the current design is. I think the current Civic is going to be a timeless piece which will look just as good and contemporary 10 years down the line, and its hard to follow up on such a design. Apple seems to have mastered this art though of innovating new designs when you thought they couldn't anything better than the previous versions.

Rear end of the new Civic is a tragedy. Front is uninspiring. Interiors look dated and cheap. What I will be keen to look out for are the features in this car. Hyundai Verna RB for example is going to set standards with the amount of bells & whistles it is packed with, so it will be interesting to see how Honda goes with the new Civic. Some of the features I would like to see are:

- Electronically adjustable driver seat with memory settings
- Steering mounted audio controls. Shocker that isn't already there.
- More information displayed on the MID. Currently does not show kilometers to go before empty
- Stiffer suspension and better GC
- Cornering lights
- Bluetooth/phone functionality on the audio system
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Better low end torque and a more powerful engine
Old 20th April 2011, 15:06   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Echo the sentiments of most people on this thread. New Civic does not really match up, partly due to high expectations and also due to how good the current design is. I think the current Civic is going to be a timeless piece which will look just as good and contemporary 10 years down the line, and its hard to follow up on such a design. Apple seems to have mastered this art though of innovating new designs when you thought they couldn't anything better than the previous versions.

Rear end of the new Civic is a tragedy. Front is uninspiring. Interiors look dated and cheap. What I will be keen to look out for are the features in this car. Hyundai Verna RB for example is going to set standards with the amount of bells & whistles it is packed with, so it will be interesting to see how Honda goes with the new Civic. Some of the features I would like to see are:

- Electronically adjustable driver seat with memory settings
- Steering mounted audio controls. Shocker that isn't already there.
- More information displayed on the MID. Currently does not show kilometers to go before empty
- Stiffer suspension and better GC
- Cornering lights
- Bluetooth/phone functionality on the audio system
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Better low end torque and a more powerful engine
From the list you have put up, i believe the following will not make it to the Civic 2011-

Cornering Lights
Push Button Start

If we look at the new revised Accord that was upgraded a month or so back. I still dont see any Bluetooth, Audio Controls on the Steering (partly because honda believes these cars are chauffeur driven and rear passengers must have controls !) and to expect these on a cheaper Civic is asking for too much.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:04   #263
Senior - BHPian

I thought ANHC was a good looking car and would look good if it was +1 size. They have done that with the Civic but the rear the angular lines on the interior are a let down.

Long time ago I had asked about DI with a guy connected to Honda. I dont remember the exact answer but it had something to do with vtec etc and not required kind of stuff.

OT:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=fLI...page&q&f=false

Last edited by srishiva : 20th April 2011 at 16:08.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:12   #264
Senior - BHPian

The Display LCD Screen Looks pretty cool on the new Civic -

I hope they give us the screen in India with the same quality and not that poor quality dot matrix rubbish thats available on the Cruze !
Old 20th April 2011, 16:24   #265
BHPian

Yes, nothing inspiring here. Honda is going the wrong way, or probably they went ahead too fast and have nothing left in their ranks to better their previous cars.

They need something spectacular in their interior departments as well. Honda, come out of your comfort zone. Express yourselves
Old 20th April 2011, 16:34   #266
BHPian

Haa! I've never felt more proud or happier owning the ANHC Come on Honda, you are getting it right finally, now take the ANHC as inspiration for the next Accord too and make me the happiest!
Old 20th April 2011, 19:24   #267
Senior - BHPian

This the North America spec Civic, which forms base of City design in Asia. We will get the European Civic, minus few feature of course & saggy rear suspension.

But, I love the wrap around dash... everything is in easy reach/view of the driver.
Old 21st April 2011, 00:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

Here's another first look.

Verdict seems to be - it's still a very good car, but does not really take any giant leaps compared to the 8th gen.

Old 21st April 2011, 00:27   #269
Senior - BHPian

Looks pretty blah though, as if its trying too hard to look cool. Current gen's so much nicer to look at, inside and out.
An ANHC with a botched up augmentation job :P
Old 21st April 2011, 07:20   #270
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The Display LCD Screen Looks pretty cool on the new Civic
I hope they give us the screen in India with the same quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Here's another first look
Verdict seems to be - it's still a very good car, but does not really take any giant leaps compared to the 8th gen.
The display seems to be a rich feature. None of the cars in the category has it.

Rest of it - evolution not revolution.

Same engine!! The only positive spin I can think of is that current owners can continue to be happy and the new owners will know that they are buying a very rev happy and reliable hunk of an engine, the R18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks