Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2011, 17:09   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
So finally the Vento diesel gets a worthy competitor. The Verna has more torque, more power and 1 extra gear which is huge huge advantage. Can the Vento hold its ground as the most Fun to drive diesel with its handling capabilities or will the Verna once again become the #1 enthusiast's choice.
Only sid will tell.
Any idea about the price?
The reviews will be done by moderators, not me. I will be heavily tied up in the coming days, so don't expect a big report from me.
Old 10th April 2011, 18:21   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks far more better than the current attrocious 'transformed' Verna. Quite unique fog lamps! Too bad, you didn't share any interior pics Sid, but alright, I can wait till 18th if the mod team is doing a review!

Honda should be worried. Competition is heating up for their bread and butter car!
Old 10th April 2011, 18:51   #678
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the preview, Sid!

Now lets brace for Hyundai's pricing - history says this one will be priced higher than common expectations.

But, who knows, like the i20 this one too will probably be a runaway hit what with the City not having a Diesel, the Vento having its delivery issues and as yet unproven maintenance track (availability and afforability), The SX4 getting a shade long in the tooth (a late entry into Diesels with a comparatively lower powered engine's effect in the charts is yet to be seen), and the Linea more or less reduced to being a paper tiger thanks to Tata.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:26   #679
BHPian

All,

Dropped my car for service and spoke to my friendly SA's.

First batch training has been completed for RBi (that's what they are calling it here in India).

The good thing I heard from the guy is that is that all tecnologies can be added as an option (ABS, Airbag etc.) even to base model. Good move

Second batch of folks are currently attending training at the plant. Tentative launch date will be sometime early next month

General feedback on the car apparently is very good.

It is getting exciting..

Let's wait for more news

Cheers
Old 11th April 2011, 10:29   #680
Senior - BHPian

Here's all that you can expect from new verna , plus the arai figures :
City & Vento, be warned...
Old 11th April 2011, 13:47   #681
BHPian

Y'day spoke to one sales manager at a HMIL dealership in Delhi, as per him, the launch is on 14 May 2011 and the deliveries shall start by first week of June. The service personnel are attending the trainings.
Old 11th April 2011, 23:58   #682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Now verna has become most fuel effcient sedan in India. 1.4 diesel figures are even higher than Nissan Micra..
Old 12th April 2011, 08:57   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent scoop, Sid

I remember the Accent-Ikon launch ten years ago! IIRC Ikon was showcased first and the price was announced only after Accent prices were released. What's going to happen this time? Let the wars begin!
Old 12th April 2011, 09:22   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Excellent scoop, Sid

I remember the Accent-Ikon launch ten years ago! IIRC Ikon was showcased first and the price was announced only after Accent prices were released. What's going to happen this time? Let the wars begin!
Agree to this, one can see totally that the war is almost in place.

Hyundai though they are not showcasing the vehicle are making sure they use thier sources and post some snippets/ scoops from thier resources.
I mean in other sites.
I am seeing lot of into on Verna except the official launch date. Looks like they are not ready to launch, but dont want people to get attracted to Fiesta.

The battle has just begun price will be the name of the game when they both announce it.
Old 12th April 2011, 09:57   #685
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team, I don't want to spoil the party here (& mods please move this message to the appropriate thread if it doesn't suit here). I am considering myself a strong candidate either for the Verna 2011 or the Fiesta 2011 & want to make a sound decision based on your inputs. More that the bells & whistles, what matters to me the most is the long term reliability of the car, its ability to give trouble free service for years together backed by a strong after sales support. The existing Verna didn't inspire confidence on that front when I went through a couple of long term ownership threads on the Verna CRDi. The topmost problem being the Turbocharger, couple of car owners had to replace the Turbo & had to shelve in excess of 60K for the same. Do you think this legacy could be carried over to the new Verna 2011 or HMIL would have sorted out this & most other issues with the existing Verna?
Old 12th April 2011, 10:12   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi Team, I don't want to spoil the party here (& mods please move this message to the appropriate thread if it doesn't suit here). I am considering myself a strong candidate either for the Verna 2011 or the Fiesta 2011 & want to make a sound decision based on your inputs. More that the bells & whistles, what matters to me the most is the long term reliability of the car, its ability to give trouble free service for years together backed by a strong after sales support. The existing Verna didn't inspire confidence on that front when I went through a couple of long term ownership threads on the Verna CRDi. The topmost problem being the Turbocharger, couple of car owners had to replace the Turbo & had to shelve in excess of 60K for the same. Do you think this legacy could be carried over to the new Verna 2011 or HMIL would have sorted out this & most other issues with the existing Verna?
As a 2 year old Verna crdi owner I can confidently say that its an absolute Gem of a car. No probs on over 38k km covered so far. Bad cars happen to all manufacturers - Merc included. Luck of the draw I guess. Really looking forward to the new verna though. Drooling over the auto / diesel combo.
Old 12th April 2011, 10:49   #687
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
First batch training has been completed for RBi (that's what they are calling it here in India).
Oops! When you say RBi, I hear Reserve Bank of India. On a lighter note, I'm thinking of buying RBi.

Quote:
The good thing I heard from the guy is that is that all tecnologies can be added as an option (ABS, Airbag etc.) even to base model.
God bless you Sateesh! And I really hope this turns out true. I always wondered why we always get these features (security) only in top end models! Anyway way to go Hyundai.

Quote:
Tentative launch date will be sometime early next month
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Y'day spoke to one sales manager at a HMIL dealership in Delhi, as per him, the launch is on 14 May 2011 and the deliveries shall start by first week of June.
Thanks guys. Sooner the better! My eyes are stuck for new Verna and Fiesta launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Now verna has become most fuel effcient sedan in India. 1.4 diesel figures are even higher than Nissan Micra..
This is something I wasn't expecting. ARAI figures are quite impressive. The figures for 1.4 diesel might be class leading, but the same for powerhouses are simply mind boggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
What's going to happen this time? Let the wars begin!
Vento has already started ruffling the market. Ford and Hyundai seem all sleeved up with new Fiesta and Verna (or RBi?) to join the party. I far as I can see, life is not going to be easy for SX4 and Linea. Maruti and FIAT really have to come up with their best game to keep these products alive. Honda should be least bothered, as they never given a damn when it comes to listening to the market.

Last edited by xPK : 12th April 2011 at 10:53. Reason: Correcting spelling mistakes
Old 12th April 2011, 10:51   #688
BHPian

touchwood i also have absolutely no complaints regarding my verna crdi 3 yrs old which has run over 55000 kms-still brings a smile when i accelerate.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:15   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Stunning ARAI figures for a car of this power !! Awesome. Just cant wait for the full fledged TD reports of RB & NFS !!!
Old 12th April 2011, 13:03   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I went through a couple of long term ownership .... topmost problem being the Turbocharger
@AutoIndian - Turbocharger's life is ONLY dependent on the care taken during engine start and stop. Idling before you drive and after you are finished with the drive. This will really make your turbo work trouble free

Quote:
Originally Posted by clix22 View Post
As a 2 year old Verna crdi owner I can confidently say that its an absolute Gem of a car
@clix - I have seen Verna's that have completed 1 lac + kms at the service centre that are running without any issues.

It all about how we maintain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post

God bless you Sateesh! And I really hope this turns out true. I always wondered why we always get these features (security) only in top end models! Anyway way to go Hyundai.

Vento has already started ruffling the market. Ford and Hyundai seem all sleeved up with new Fiesta and Verna (or RBi?) to join the party. I far as I can see, life is not going to be easy for SX4 and Linea. Maruti and FIAT really have to come up with their best game to keep these products alive. Honda should be least bothered, as they never given a damn when it comes to listening to the market.
@xPK - I was elated too when I heard this. This is indeed a refreshing change and a welcome departure from the earlier approach if it turns out be true

Vento has indeed ruffled the market and I wish RBi turns it upside down.

Lets all pray that the handling has been taken care of

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks