Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 07:12   #3841
BHPian

I have a Chocolate Eclair coloured SX4 ZXI, December 2010. Used 18k km. Finding it expensive due to rising costs of petrol and my increasing usage.
If I want to sell my car and buy a diesel car (any make), what are my options. Willing to spend max 1.5 lacs more.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:27   #3842
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have a Chocolate Eclair coloured SX4 ZXI, December 2010. Used 18k km. Finding it expensive due to rising costs of petrol and my increasing usage.
If I want to sell my car and buy a diesel car (any make), what are my options. Willing to spend max 1.5 lacs more.
I can only wish you luck mate. I came across a immaculately maintained Nov 2010 Chocolate brown SX4 vxi. The owner is ready to sell it for 5L.

Petrol sedans have taken a beating in the used car market. I had a tough time selling off my Civic.

Cheers
Old 25th November 2011, 11:46   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
What price are you expecting? I might be interested if it is a good deal.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:05   #3844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I can only wish you luck mate. I came across a immaculately maintained Nov 2010 Chocolate brown SX4 vxi. The owner is ready to sell it for 5L.

Petrol sedans have taken a beating in the used car market. I had a tough time selling off my Civic.

Cheers
5L is a good price. SX4 does not command a good resale value even more now after the launch of the diesel.
Old 26th November 2011, 08:20   #3845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
5L is a good price. SX4 does not command a good resale value even more now after the launch of the diesel.
Yeah, I know. Do you think its worth picking up the car? My friend is interested in this, he will convert it to run on CNG.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:51   #3846
BHPian

Hi Experts,

I am bit confused about buying a new entry level hatchback like K10 or a fully loaded pre-owned and a bit old ( 3 -5 years ) premium hatchback like i20/Swift.

I have already booked a Alto K10, but still considering the second option, because of the safety features that i will get.

Are the safety features like ABS and Airbags effective even after the car is used for like 4-5 years ? Is there any way to inspect this?

Regards,
Sushil.
Old 26th November 2011, 19:11   #3847
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil.H View Post
Hi Experts,

I am bit confused about buying a new entry level hatchback like K10 or a fully loaded pre-owned and a bit old ( 3 -5 years ) premium hatchback like i20/Swift.

I have already booked a Alto K10, but still considering the second option, because of the safety features that i will get.

Are the safety features like ABS and Airbags effective even after the car is used for like 4-5 years ? Is there any way to inspect this?

Regards,
Sushil.
Safety features win, hands down.

I find no reason to suspect ABS or Airbags could fail. ABS is something you can check on a normal TD; so that is something you can assured of.

Airbags - it's best you don't get to test them

Given your dilemma, you should go for a pre-owned car with safety features.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 16:09   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Hi guys.. Sorry to repost. But, please post a link if its already answered in some other thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Will check out its condition.
Also it will be great if some hyundai owner can answer my other query related to Hyundai a.s.s & also the better Santro between round headlamps & rectangular ones.
(I read in wikipedia that the older Santros had 998cc epsilon engines but with 110nm of torque, while as later on they were replaced by 1064 cc epsilons with around 92nm of torque?) I am not recollecting the exacts figures but, is it that significant?
how much will be good price for 4-6yrs old facelifted (rectangular headlamp) santro?

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure of the difference between round headlamps and square headlamps. I have seen one 5 year old Santro Xing go for 1.55 Lacs here in Hyderabad (This was in April this year, car make was 2006 Jan and 48k Kms). Add or surbtract 20 to 30k depending on model and condition.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 29th November 2011 at 16:11.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 20:13   #3849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil.H View Post
Hi Experts,

Regards,
Sushil.

go with a pre owned car with safety features IF you can trust the seller, car comes with complete service records, is a first owner car, a trustable mechanic gives you a go ahead, and finally you do have a lot of patience.

if ANY of the above does not fulfull, pass on that vehicle.

if the Airbag light is not on on the dashboard, it is pretty much in working condition; same holds true for ABS. you can test ABS under hard breaking conditions on wet surface (you'd get pulsating feeling through brake pedal when ABS activates).
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:52   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Is a used Honda City S AT a good idea?

Right, so I've been considering a second car for some time now. Let me not bore you with the details, but my mum stumbled across an ad in the TOI's classifieds and I'm having the car come over in a bit for me to take a look at.

What I do know
  • The car has comprehensive insurance until June/July of next year
    It's largely stock, pretty much nothing has been changed since the time it was bought
    It's run about 17,000 kms, so all iz well on that front
    It's registered in Thane, but will be transferred to Mumbai if I do pick it up.

What are the things I'll need to look out for when the car comes over? And what would be a fair price for it if it's in good condition? I've been quoted 6.75L for it, and I firmly believe I can drive it down, but I'd love to hear your thoughts nonetheless.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:05   #3851
Team-BHP Support

Re: Is a used Honda City S AT a good idea?

City AT would return ~9 kmpl in the city; are you fine with that FE?

I was checking for current S AT prices - looks like it is no longer in production!

How old is the car btw?

For what you need to look in the car, check : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2587438
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:15   #3852
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a used Honda City S AT a good idea?

Yeah, I'm well aware that is the mileage the car would return. This is just one of several options I could consider, but let's see about that.

Back on topic; If I remember right, the V AT is the only option for the City AT right now. The S AT is no longer an option.

This is a 2009 manufactured car, I'm yet to get my hands on the VIN to figure out the exact month of manufacture. The major things playing on my mind are

a) the upcoming City facelift
b) the upcoming Fiesta AT launch.

Thanks for the link to the thread, I'll run through it!
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:09   #3853
BHPian

I am looking for a fun car to zip around town and have decided to look around for a Ford Fiesta 1.6s which I will hand over to my wife very soon as we have just sold her car. Please do let me know if there is a good deal on a used Ford Fiesta 1.6S(preferably Aq.blue). Looking to pick it up immediately. The deals I have seen around town are mostly overpriced(for a petrol car).
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:39   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Last heard anecdotal data: City V AT delivered well around 18.2 for a combined CP-Gurgaon evening run for a friend last I heard. The 9 kpl may just be in the worst affected areas (where everything else will also give equally horrible numbers)

Quote:
On the entire trip of 30ish km, equal parts city and highway driving, with
3 adults and 2 suitcases in an Automatic 1.5L iVTEC Honda City got an
average mileage of 18.2 km/l
His experience was universally positive. In fact, after this, his mother got a A-Star AT as well to supplement the City AT
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:20   #3855
Senior - BHPian

Most excellent. Thanks for the slightly heartwarming news phamilyman I am going with this car, it was in immaculate condition, spotless, not a ding or a dent or chipped paintwork anywhere. Plus I'm going to get the seller to change all the fluids before taking delivery. Your information just made my decision that bit easier on the mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks