Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:19   #12031
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil.H View Post
Hi All,
- how much can i expect for this car?
Alto has a high resale value. If you are willing to wait till you find a genuine buyer, you can get up to Carwale's estimate, else the OBV/IBB value holds good if you are planning to sell it to a dealer.

Quote:
- Should i try selling on OLX/Quickr/Team-bhp before going to Maruti True Value or Cars24?
You would most likely get a better quote from Truevalue as it is easier for them to fix (if any) issues at their service center, sell it through the Truevalue outlet. Do not know if there is any limit on the number of evaluations in Truevalue, but the last quote might get stored somewhere in their database. Alternatively, you could use the quote from Truevalue as a reference & then sell it on OLX, Carwale or other portals.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:54   #12032
BHPian

Quote:
4. Reason for sale : Booked new car
Did you try to exchange this car when booking the new one? What did they offer? Sometimes, a decent offer when exchanging coupled with the exchange bonus and loyalty bonus (if the new one happens to be a Maruti as well) can result in a very decent value for your outgoing car.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:16   #12033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Did you try to exchange this car when booking the new one? What did they offer? Sometimes, a decent offer when exchanging coupled with the exchange bonus and loyalty bonus (if the new one happens to be a Maruti as well) can result in a very decent value for your outgoing car.

I have booked the new Dzire, and there is no bonus available for that

Dzire will be registered in company's name (car lease scheme), so i dont have an option to exchange, it will be a direct sale to MS true value (if i opt for it).
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:41   #12034
BHPian

Toyota Corolla Altis came to my mind. over 130bhp, i am sure you will get it at your budget for a 5 year old car, sure it will have ABS and Airbags and it is a TOYOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hello Guys. I need help.

I am looking for a used sedan under 50k on the odometer. Budget is about 8L, stretchable to 9L. It has to be a manual, above 130bhp, with at least two airbags along with ABS. Fuel doesn't matter.

I have shortlisted the 2.0 TDI motor in Jetta/Passat or the 1.8 TSI in Laura/Octavia/Superb. Most cars available in the market are 2010 to 2012 and priced between 6L and 11L (before any negotiation).

Any cars i missed?
Is there any issue in buying a 5 to 7 year old car considering that i am planning to keep it for 3 to 5 years?

Say, i buy a 2011 superb for 9L, how much depreciation can i expect in the next 3 years.
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:53   #12035
BHPian

I second Swamy69's suggestions. Please try to avoid 3+ years old Skoda and VW. I cannot think of a better proposition that a Corolla Altis

Edit:- Why don't you look for elantra as well? I have seen a few good examples for 8L on OLX
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:56   #12036
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the new Dzire, and there is no bonus available for that

Dzire will be registered in company's name (car lease scheme), so i dont have an option to exchange, it will be a direct sale to MS true value (if i opt for it).
Oh. If you are not going for exchange, I would recommend selling directly to buyer instead of going via dealer, because in direct sale ownership transfer happens right away, whereas in dealer sale your car will still be registered in your name until the dealer finds a buyer and then new buyer transfers the registration.

By the way, congrats on your new car booking. The new DZire definitely looks 'desirable'.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:32   #12037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Toyota Corolla Altis came to my mind. over 130bhp, i am sure you will get it at your budget for a 5 year old car, sure it will have ABS and Airbags and it is a TOYOTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
I second Swamy69's suggestions. Please try to avoid 3+ years old Skoda and VW. I cannot think of a better proposition that a Corolla Altis

Edit:- Why don't you look for elantra as well? I have seen a few good examples for 8L on OLX
Thanks for the suggestions. I did not consider Elantra, because I am not a fan of Hyundai's handling. I did briefly consider Corolla, but somehow it did not make an impression like the 1.8 TSi.
I have finalized a 2011 Laura 1.8 TSi MT that has run 41,200 KMs. Atleast DSG issues are ruled out. Turned out to be heart over mind
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:58   #12038
BHPian

Quote:
I have finalized a 2011 Laura 1.8 TSi MT that has run 41,200 KMs. Atleast DSG issues are ruled out. Turned out to be heart over mind
How much are you paying for the 6 year old Laura. One of my friend was looking for a similar car. He also checked the new 1.8 Tsi Octavia but those are coming up to 12-15 L depending on odo and year.
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:19   #12039
BHPian

I am in the market for a used car. My usage will be very sparse. Only weekend highway runs and ocassional city usage. For my office commute I stick to my two wheeler. My budget is around 3-3.7L. Hatch or a sedan is fine as long as it is reliable.

I do not want to buy wagon R, even though it is niggle free and has the M badge, I do not like the tall boy design. Would I be able to get a SX4 diesel for that price? How about SX4 petrol ? I know that it has a horrible FE, but I am quite tempted with the 100BHP power and the comfort.
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:34   #12040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I am in the market for a used car. My usage will be very sparse. Only weekend highway runs and ocassional city usage. For my office commute I stick to my two wheeler. My budget is around 3-3.7L. Hatch or a sedan is fine as long as it is reliable.
Look for well maintained Honda Civic with low mileage (less than 100k on odo). Should be less than 4 L and if properly kept can go to 200k to 300k kms. Sheer driving pleasure and 130bhp power.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:52   #12041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would I be able to get a SX4 diesel for that price? How about SX4 petrol ?
In case you have decided on Sx4, you would find Zxi(Petrol) 2011-12 versions within the aforementioned budget. Diesel variants if well maintained would be a little higher priced.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:49   #12042
BHPian

Laura 1.8 TSI is a great car and great VFM car for enthusiasts in the used car space. In my opinion there is nothing even remotely close to it in terms for performance, build and comfort at the price points it is available.

Quote:
Old 24th May 2017, 09:27   #12043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Look for well maintained Honda Civic with low mileage (less than 100k on odo). Should be less than 4 L and if properly kept can go to 200k to 300k kms. Sheer driving pleasure and 130bhp power.
Also more expensive to repair and keep up than a hatch especially after 1 lakh km. It will continue to perform but has to get scheduled service and service isn't cheap.

Keep that in mind when you buy an old civic or corolla. Excellent cars, but will cost you over a period of time.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 10:06   #12044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I noticed that on a lot of portals. I find it expensive to maintain a civic. Plus the low ground clearance is of no use. I dont like cars that scrape the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Also more expensive to repair and keep up than a hatch especially after 1 lakh km. It will continue to perform but has to get scheduled service and service isn't cheap.

Keep that in mind when you buy an old civic or corolla. Excellent cars, but will cost you over a period of time.
You are 100% right. My ex boss sold his well maintained civic for 4L. Seems the Honda a$$ quoted 1.5L for repairing the gear box and engine mounts. with some suspension overhaul.

I was quite keen on toyota corolla. I was quite skeptical about the maintainance costs. I would stick to a economy car and steer clear from premium cars. Maruthi has relatively lower maintaince cost compared to these to Japnese .

I see a few swift LXI and VXI variants, but none of these have ABS or airbags. Very hard to find ZXI variants
Old 24th May 2017, 11:44   #12045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see a few swift LXI and VXI variants, but none of these have ABS or airbags. Very hard to find ZXI variants
I would also suggest to keep an eye open on 'Z' versions of Ritz & Dzire, both are very practical cars for city & highway despite their odd looks. However, Sx4 Zxi is the best bang for buck. Poor resale is a boon to used car buyers.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 24th May 2017 at 11:45.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks