Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:04   #5056
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
5.25-5.5L Isnt that a bit too much for a 4.5 year old previous generation Verna with 60K on odo. Diesel car ok but I feel the is should somewhere in the 4.5L -5L band.
It is a seller's price. A buyer's price would be wayyyy less. If I am in the market to buy an used Verna with 60k on odo (bearing in mind the infamous Hyundai CRDi engines' reputation) , my budget would not extend beyond 3-3.5L even here in Chennai.

As a seller, you can expect to find someone to take it for 4L MAX (even the uninformed ones).
Old 4th July 2012, 00:20   #5057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover

It is a seller's price. A buyer's price would be wayyyy less. If I am in the market to buy an used Verna with 60k on odo (bearing in mind the infamous Hyundai CRDi engines' reputation) , my budget would not extend beyond 3-3.5L even here in Chennai.

As a seller, you can expect to find someone to take it for 4L MAX (even the uninformed ones).
When you the 'infamous' crdi engine you are referring to its high cost maintenance? Or something else? Curious since i have not heard too many bad things about the crdi engine. Also because I own a hyundai Verna crdi myself, bought in apr 2008, clocked 45k, been going good till now (though the service bills are high)
Old 4th July 2012, 00:59   #5058
Senior - BHPian

Last week,s Malayala Manorama classifieds had an advt for a 2008 Dzire Ldi for 5.8lakhs. Diesel seems to be the flavour today, but still isn,t that steep an asking price?
Old 4th July 2012, 01:31   #5059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Last week,s Malayala Manorama classifieds had an advt for a 2008 Dzire Ldi for 5.8lakhs. Diesel seems to be the flavour today, but still isn,t that steep an asking price?

People can advertise whatever they want especially when they are not paying for it, you cannot arrive at the REAL buying price with those figures. For e.g., you can advertise your 2006 Baleno for 5L or I can ad my 98 esteem for 3L too. LOL @ myself

@tj123, we have carwale and other such sites, unfortunately they do not provide the right figures, they are also dealers themselves and always want to price up the 'for sale' car and devalue the 'to buy' car (for themselves).

Last edited by esteem_lover : 4th July 2012 at 01:42.
Old 4th July 2012, 01:36   #5060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Around 5.25-5.5L should be a good price. Accesories (audio, HIDs) really do not count for much in the used car market. New tyres and battery most certainly do.
I think in India also we should have the Indian version of KBB/Edmunds , its very useful and gives a fair idea to the buyer and seller about the car's value.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:02   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one thing I want people to understand. We should never set benchmarks by looking at the listed prices. Well it gives us a rough idea but we dont really know the actual price for which the car is getting sold do we?? Classifieds only mentions the sale price(expected price is another way we can look at it) but it does not mention "Oh right, we sold the car for this much amount of money".

Last edited by Pancham : 4th July 2012 at 11:03.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:15   #5062
Senior - BHPian

What can I expect for a 1999 M800-DX in Kerala that has run 70K kms - good condition ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
For e.g., you can advertise your 2006 Baleno for 5L or I can ad my 98 esteem for 3L too.
Mine is 2005 and I am not selling even for 6L which was what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham
There is one thing I want people to understand. We should never set benchmarks by looking at the listed prices.
I think you misunderstood - no benchmarks or expectations were set. Infact I am not a used-car buyer - prefer the new-car smell. Dad was mentioning this price and it looked ridiculous to me because 4 years ago, I guess the Dzire-LDI would have been sold at ~6lakhs and the guy expects the same price after 4 years.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:31   #5063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can I expect for a 1999 M800-DX in Kerala that has run 70K kms - good condition ?

Mine is 2005 and I am not selling even for 6L which was what I paid.

I think you misunderstood - no benchmarks or expectations were set. Infact I am not a used-car buyer - prefer the new-car smell. Dad was mentioning this price and it looked ridiculous to me because 4 years ago, I guess the Dzire-LDI would have been sold at ~6lakhs and the guy expects the same price after 4 years.
I am sorry if I did. But there are many people who do and I hope you understand that it is a very foolish thing to do.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:50   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
5.25-5.5L Isnt that a bit too much for a 4.5 year old previous generation Verna with 60K on odo. Diesel car ok but I feel the is should somewhere in the 4.5L -5L band.
5.25l-5.5L is around 10-12% above what you are suggesting. So going by your valuation itself, it really can't be 'too much'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
This car in Mumbai wont sell for more than 3lakhs according to me
Try finding a nice clean diesel Verna for 3L in Mumbai. You would be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

The infamous Hyundai CRDi engine?? - I most certainly have not heard sob stories relating to the CRDi Verna engine. Can you cite some please?

A 2008 Swift VDI sells for around 4L these days. This is a diesel sedan from Hyundai in one of the smaller cities. Please do not compare with Delhi/Mumbai/Chennai prices because the supply in smaller cities is not as much. If someone finds a nice clean diesel Verna with new tyres (Michelin at that) and battery (both togteher will set one back by around 25k) at 4L then I suggest that they should take up the offer ASAP.
Old 4th July 2012, 23:07   #5065
BHPian

Is a used Skoda Fabia 1.4 Elegance 2008 model a good buy? I am getting a price of 2.9Lacs for 24K kms old car. Rather than buying a Swift VDi for 4 lacs I can buy this and convert to CNG. Not sure about the dealer though, any chance that they can tamper with the ODO?
Old 4th July 2012, 23:41   #5066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani
Is a used Skoda Fabia 1.4 Elegance 2008 model a good buy? I am getting a price of 2.9Lacs for 24K kms old car. Rather than buying a Swift VDi for 4 lacs I can buy this and convert to CNG. Not sure about the dealer though, any chance that they can tamper with the ODO?
Er, yes, he can.

Check service history.
Old 5th July 2012, 08:06   #5067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Er, yes, he can.

Check service history.
Thought so.
But if service record seems okay, is this a better buy than Swift Vdi?
Old 5th July 2012, 12:02   #5068
Senior - BHPian

Check the feasibility of converting a Fabia (or any Skoda or Euro) to CNG first. There are not too many on the road running CNG. This probably implies that it won't runn well or reliably on CNG. IF anything goes wrong, you'd be staring at huge $$$ repair bills.

Overall, pay a little extra for a diesel and have the peace-of-mind.

BTW, I am speaking from personal experience of driving two cars on CNG for the past 5 years. Have recently switched to Diesel and am fully satisfied with the decision.
Deeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 12:20   #5069
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to sell my Swift Dzire VDI, March 2009 model, Delhi Reg, Pearl White, 53000km on Odo, with Zero Dep Policy and AMC from Maruti Service Masters for free labour and service valid till August 2013. What should be the market price?
The car is almost without any dent, only a few scratches.. all original, first hand owner only driven by me..
Please help with the Pricing, also I am in no hurry to sell, so should I wait for the expected duty/ price increase of diesel cars that the govt has been mulling over?
Old 5th July 2012, 14:15   #5070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys, I am planning to sell my Swift Dzire VDI, March 2009 model, Delhi Reg, Pearl White, 53000km on Odo, with Zero Dep Policy and AMC from Maruti Service Masters for free labour and service valid till August 2013. What should be the market price?
Hello AGwagon,

You should get atleast Rs. 5,00,000 for your Car. You may get a little more, but not less.

Also as far as Diesel Price hike is concerned, it will not happen for more than Rs. 2 to Rs. 5, which will not effect the cost of ownership of Diesel Cars. Thus the Diesel Car re-sale value will not come down soon.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks