Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 18:39   #5491
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
let me tell you something. I bought a 2 year old Jazz last year (2009 make, Mode variant) for 5.25L in Pune. Only difference was it had run 25K kms. do note that the price was not even reduced then, it was 7.4L OTR for that variant. and petrol was only around 60 bucks.

after that the price has been reduced to around 6.6L, so in Pune I would not pay more than 4.5L. I wonder which bubble that guy is living in. Or maybe the dealer is paying him 5L and pocketing the rest.
A spider web in which he lures in unsuspecting customers is what he does. Thats a used car dealer for you!

Nah, I wasn't inspired by that car. Something put me off.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:58   #5492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
There's a used 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI PD Ambient (Manual Transmission) with 75,000 kms run, being sold for 8.95lakhs in Bangalore . It looks really tempting, but I have the following questions

2) Are there any known problems with this model - like the mechatronic failures on the DSG gearboxes etc.
I think the earlier Lauras had some AC problems. Not very sure about this, but you could ask experts on the forum about this. But in 4 years and 75,000 kms of ownership, this would well have been sorted out.
Old 29th August 2012, 20:06   #5493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
There's a used 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI PD Ambient (Manual Transmission) with 75,000 kms run, being sold for 8.95lakhs in Bangalore . It looks really tempting, but I have the following questions

1) Is this a reasonable price for the car given age and mileage?
2) Are there any known problems with this model - like the mechatronic failures on the DSG gearboxes etc.
3) Are Skoda spare-parts available outside the dealership in-case I don't want to service it there?
4) Any reliable independent workshops for Skoda Laura in South Bangalore?
5) How relaible is this car? I plan to use this primarily as a highway mile-muncher, so don't want any problems where I am stuck on a lonely highway with the family
5) Is this a turbo-charged diesel? I am confused with the PD (Pump Deuse) terminolgy? Is a PD engine not turbo-charged? Finally, can I put a tuning box like RaceDynamics DieselTronics on it?
6) What can I expect in terms of highway mileage if I drive at about 140kph (golden quadrilateral roads)?
Can help with answers for a few:
2- Has cooling issues due to underrated compressor , known for turbo failures
3- Skoda routine replacement spares are available with many garages including carnation , at about 15-25% lower price . However advisable to stick to authorized centers as they provide 2 year warranty on spares .
5- On reliability front , advise opting for the post 2009 May facelifted model, as it has the AC compressor & Turbo issues fixed. Even otherwise the 1.9PD engines can clock 3 Lakh kms before having any issues.
Old 29th August 2012, 20:37   #5494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
3- Skoda routine replacement spares are available with many garages including carnation , at about 15-25% lower price . However advisable to stick to authorized centers as they provide 2 year warranty on spares .
Outside prices are 40-50% lesser on an average.

2 year warranty on spares? Are you sure? Last time I asked them (Skoda A**) about a replacement turbo they quoted 1.5L for the job and said they will only guarantee it for a month. I imported a genuine one for 50k and with 12 months manufacturer warranty. I have not heard about Skoda A** providing 2 year warranty on spares from anybody on the forum.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:49   #5495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Outside prices are 40-50% lesser on an average.

2 year warranty on spares? Are you sure? Last time I asked them (Skoda A**) about a replacement turbo they quoted 1.5L for the job and said they will only guarantee it for a month. I imported a genuine one for 50k and with 12 months manufacturer warranty. I have not heard about Skoda A** providing 2 year warranty on spares from anybody on the forum.

Skoda Auto does have 2 year warranty on their original parts. I had got my AC evaporator coil - which costs about 18k- replaced under this .
This could help - Skoda Products Warranty India - Skoda Auto India
Old 30th August 2012, 12:12   #5496
BHPian

My cousin is planning to buy from known person (Chennai) selling Honda Civic V AT, 2008 August with 38K on ODO. Price quoted is 7.5 lacs.

Any feedback on price. If the deal fails and anyone interested, I shall share the contact details.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:20   #5497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
My cousin is planning to buy from known person (Chennai) selling Honda Civic V AT, 2008 August with 38K on ODO. Price quoted is 7.5 lacs.

Any feedback on price. If the deal fails and anyone interested, I shall share the contact details.
In Mumbai i came across a above average (not pristine) < 50k km done 2007 V AT for 4.25 negotiable at a dealer. Car had service records is what I was told. Owner car, dealer worked on commission basis only.

Civics, Fiestas and most petrol cars have been hit hard and are highly difficult to sell. Buyers will buy only if the price is a bargain deal that will offset running cost.

Swifts are still selling higher than a Fiesta petrol.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 12:51   #5498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Will offer 5-5.25 and stop there.
Old 30th August 2012, 16:02   #5499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Price seems fair enough, assuming that the car has been maintained well and is in good nick.

I am kind-of dilly-dallying in the used-car market, looking out for a used automatic sedan (preferably diesel). I have come across quite a number of Civics (2006/2007)...my thumb-rule, based on Chennai market-rates, would be {price-in-lakhs approx. equals the year of mfg over 2000, for Civic V-AT}. So, Civic 2006 V-AT will be availble at ~ 6lakhs; Civic 2007 V-AT ~ 7 lakhs.

So, 7.5 seems good for this Civic. Let me know how it goes...I might be interested.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 16:39   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

6 would be the price, if everything else passes the test.
But if you like the car, don't hesitate to bump up by another 20-30k as the last resort, because this car is a steal even at that price, all thanks to the diesel loving trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
my thumb-rule, based on Chennai market-rates, would be {price-in-lakhs approx. equals the year of mfg over 2000, for Civic V-AT}. So, Civic 2006 V-AT will be availble at ~ 6lakhs; Civic 2007 V-AT ~ 7 lakhs.

So, 7.5 seems good for this Civic. Let me know how it goes...I might be interested.
Unfortunately, this is not working for petrol sedans, especially AT's.

Last edited by sarathlal : 30th August 2012 at 16:43. Reason: edited to quote another post along
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 16:43   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Price seems fair enough, assuming that the car has been maintained well and is in good nick.

I am kind-of dilly-dallying in the used-car market, looking out for a used automatic sedan (preferably diesel). I have come across quite a number of Civics (2006/2007)...my thumb-rule, based on Chennai market-rates, would be {price-in-lakhs approx. equals the year of mfg over 2000, for Civic V-AT}. So, Civic 2006 V-AT will be availble at ~ 6lakhs; Civic 2007 V-AT ~ 7 lakhs.

My cousin saw the car today. Its a 2009 model and is in showroom condition. Will PM you later in the day.
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 16:56   #5502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cousin saw the car today. Its a 2009 model and is in showroom condition. Will PM you later in the day.
Great, if its manufactured after Sep 2009 (facelift version), then 7.5 makes sense.
But if its a pre facelift, please donot go for more than 6.5.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:38   #5503
BHPian

I sold my 9/2009 Honda Civic Black 1.8 V AT done 29000 kms insured till 2013 Jan but second owner and MH registered in Hyderabad . I sold it to first choice for 6 Lakhs but not sure how much first choice sold it to the buyer for. I think thats a fair enough price for a 2nd owner civic though. Contrary to a lot of advice on this forum, i got a much better price in Hyderabad. Mumbai dealers mostly offered between 4.75-5.2

I'm now in Delhi looking for a 320d Highline which is covered by BSI but suprisingly none of the cars on carwale are covered by BSI so i'm sort of wondering where to look. Any idea of the approximate range i should be looking at? I'm thinking between 19-23 depending on the year and date. Condition shouldnt be too much of an issue as long as its covered by BSI right?

Last edited by saketa : 31st August 2012 at 15:41. Reason: Forgot to mention details of the car
Old 31st August 2012, 22:54   #5504
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to sell my i10. Its a December 2010 1.2 Kappa2 Magna done 16500 kms. Car has been maintained very well with all the service records. It was registered in January 2011 that too with a fancy number. How much can I expect for this i10 in Cochin?
Old 1st September 2012, 00:32   #5505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Guys, I am planning to sell my i10. Its a December 2010 1.2 Kappa2 Magna done 16500 kms. Car has been maintained very well with all the service records. It was registered in January 2011 that too with a fancy number. How much can I expect for this i10 in Cochin?
Hello GTX, I expect that you can fetch around 4.5L-4.8L for your i10.
BTW,how much are you expecting?
Regards,
Varun Nair

Most Viewed