Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 21:09   #6226
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Guys,

I have been offered a 2009 Dec SX4 Zxi - Automatic for Rs. 4,80,000.00. Car is Bombay Reg. Single owner. Run only 16K Kms. Original tyres. Immaculate and I mean really immaculate condition. In fact I found it hard to believe that a non BHP'ian could keep a car like this.
Rear bumper has been resprayed but one cannot make out. Reverse sensors and after market leather seats. Do you guys think it's a good deal? Other SX4 AT's are quoting 7-7.5L.
Fairly up to date service history. Insurance has expired so that's going to be another 15K.
Any opinions would be welcome. Any issues with a Maruti AT gear box?
Also, does anyone know what average an SX4AT gives? Is it al least 8 Km/L?

Regards,
SS
Old 13th December 2012, 21:12   #6227
BHPian

Hi

I need a petrol car for use when I am in Bombay. Do not want to spend too much maximum about Rs. 60-70k.

Could bhpians suggest if Fiat Palio 1.6 is a good choice - I have always liked them and being petrol their valuation fits my brief.

I am likely to view 2 Palio's over the coming weekend.
1. 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX 73000 miles this is advertised on team bhp and belongs to fellow bhpian - seems in good condition and maintained for Rs. 80,000
2. 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX PS (Airbags + ABS) company owned and speaking the the gentleman seems to be decently maintained car for Rs. 75,000

Wanted a view on what would be the right valuation (assuming both had minimal work to do and no mechanical/electrical issues).

There are several Palio's both 1.2 and 1.6 available a lot cheaper between 40-60k though I do not know if they have been maintained well.

Any alternate suggestions welcome and help on an appropriate valuation shall be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 21:15   #6228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post

Model : Verna CRDI VGT
Km: 66K
?
Hello bhatmaster,
The prices you are getting are insane. I expect around 4-4.25L for base version & 4.25-4.5L for SX version
Hope this helps,
Varun
Old 13th December 2012, 21:36   #6229
Distinguished - BHPian

What should be a reasonable asking price for a January 2005 DL-reg Honda City Exi with 51k km (genuine) on the clock? Not in top shape, but a good runner presently.
Old 13th December 2012, 22:00   #6230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
What should be a reasonable asking price for a January 2005 DL-reg Honda City Exi with 51k km (genuine) on the clock? Not in top shape, but a good runner presently.
Sir I would put the figure at around 2L. People might suggest otherwise but the market in Delhi somehow doesn't agree. Telling you from my personal experience since I am trying to sell my Honda city too.
Old 13th December 2012, 22:59   #6231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sir I would put the figure at around 2L. People might suggest otherwise...
Dealers are offering around 1.5L, so your figure sounds plausible.
Old 13th December 2012, 23:07   #6232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers are offering around 1.5L, so your figure sounds plausible.
Yup. I have been offered around 1.7L. But it just doesn't feel right to let it go for that price. On the other hand the prices would only drop further. You are selling your car?
Old 13th December 2012, 23:11   #6233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup. I have been offered around 1.7L. ... You are selling your car?
Yes. It's one too many, and not in perfect condition as I like my cars to be. Runs decent though. Someone might want to install a CNG kit in it - I personally don't like a CNG conversion.
Old 13th December 2012, 23:16   #6234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It's one too many, and not in perfect condition as I like my cars to be. Runs decent though. Someone might want to install a CNG kit in it - I personally don't like a CNG conversion.
Mine is exactly the same. I think you should try and find an individual buyer and close the deal around 1.7-1.8L. I am always uneasy giving my car to the dealer.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 23:23   #6235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been offered a 2009 Dec SX4 Zxi - Automatic for Rs. 4,80,000.00. Car is Bombay Reg. Single owner. Run only 16K Kms. Original tyres. Immaculate and I mean really immaculate condition. In fact I found it hard to believe that a non BHP'ian could keep a car like this.
Rear bumper has been resprayed but one cannot make out. Reverse sensors and after market leather seats. Do you guys think it's a good deal? Other SX4 AT's are quoting 7-7.5L.
Fairly up to date service history. Insurance has expired so that's going to be another 15K.
Any opinions would be welcome. Any issues with a Maruti AT gear box?
Also, does anyone know what average an SX4AT gives? Is it al least 8 Km/L?

Regards,
SS
From one SX4 to another . Price is awesome to say the least but, brings along a BIG question-why so cheap?

Are you sure this car has not been a part of some accident mash up? (call up the insurance company)? Or, if this was not a lemon (call up the service centers where this car was regularly serviced)? If answers to both these questions are in the negative, go for glory mate although, once the test drive goes smoothly.

Additionally, I don't think there are any specific problems with this automatic unless, someone has certain instances to point out. A friend of mine got the same variant in early 2010 and he's still a happy man
Old 14th December 2012, 00:04   #6236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
From one SX4 to another . Price is awesome to say the least but, brings along a BIG question-why so cheap?

Are you sure this car has not been a part of some accident mash up? (call up the insurance company)? Or, if this was not a lemon (call up the service centers where this car was regularly serviced)? If answers to both these questions are in the negative, go for glory mate although, once the test drive goes smoothly.

Additionally, I don't think there are any specific problems with this automatic unless, someone has certain instances to point out. A friend of mine got the same variant in early 2010 and he's still a happy man

Hi Metalbuff,

Even I was a bit suspicious about the price. As the old saying goes : If it's too good to be true it usually is. I'll tell you that I was so taken with the car that I nearly put down a deposit on the spot after just starting the engine and without even taking a test drive. Thankfully common sense prevailed!! The insurance has expired just a week ago so sighting an insurance policy that says 25%NCB does not mean a lot. I guess I could call up the insurance company. Would they answer questions about a specific car? It certainly does not look like an accident car. The bodyline is perfect. Not a single dent. Paintwork is perfect. Interiors are spotless. No paint overspray in crevices which even the best garage would miss out. The only thing I found strange is that the inside of the bonnet is white whereas the actual car is blue. Could that be a sign of a replaced bonnet? One year extended warranty from Sai Service still valid. I am going to take a Maruti mechanic to check it tomorrow and would like to take it to a service station and put it on a ramp but the dealer is a bit hesitant as the insurance has expired. I can understand that and my mechanic can crawl under the car instead. I would also like to talk to the owner. Supposedly he is buying a 5 series and hence the sale. I'm hoping for the best.

BTW, what mileage does your friend get in his SX4 AT? That is one point I am a little concerned about though if the car is genuine then I don't mind as I will have made up what I lose on petrol on the buying price.

Regards,

SS
Old 14th December 2012, 00:21   #6237
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Metalbuff,

Even I was a bit suspicious about the price. As the old saying goes : If it's too good to be true it usually is. I'll tell you that I was so taken with the car that I nearly put down a deposit on the spot after just starting the engine and without even taking a test drive. Thankfully common sense prevailed!! The insurance has expired just a week ago so sighting an insurance policy that says 25%NCB does not mean a lot. I guess I could call up the insurance company. Would they answer questions about a specific car? It certainly does not look like an accident car. The bodyline is perfect. Not a single dent. Paintwork is perfect. Interiors are spotless. No paint overspray in crevices which even the best garage would miss out. The only thing I found strange is that the inside of the bonnet is white whereas the actual car is blue. Could that be a sign of a replaced bonnet? One year extended warranty from Sai Service still valid. I am going to take a Maruti mechanic to check it tomorrow and would like to take it to a service station and put it on a ramp but the dealer is a bit hesitant as the insurance has expired. I can understand that and my mechanic can crawl under the car instead. I would also like to talk to the owner. Supposedly he is buying a 5 series and hence the sale. I'm hoping for the best.

BTW, what mileage does your friend get in his SX4 AT? That is one point I am a little concerned about though if the car is genuine then I don't mind as I will have made up what I lose on petrol on the buying price.

Regards,

SS
Yes, they should. Apart from that, 25% NCB does indicate there were no claims made in these 2 years (still, good to check) as it starts off with 20% for the first year.

The bonnet and the insides of all Maruti cars ARE white. Atleast, thats the case with my 05 Esteem. So, rest assured on that aspect.

A 5 series!! Rich man huh and so, is giving this away at a dirt cheap price. Is there any other car he wishes to part with, I can step up there

Moreso, the car is consistently delivering my friend a 8.5-9 kmpl in city driving.

Do get it thoroughly checked by the mechanic and let us know if, the green light has indeed been given by him.

Last edited by MetalBuff : 14th December 2012 at 00:24.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 10:43   #6238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have been offered a 2009 Dec SX4 Zxi - Automatic for Rs. 4,80,000.00. Car is Bombay Reg. Single owner. Run only 16K Kms. Original tyres.
Hello Suzuki San,

I feel you should buy the Car. The reason for the Car so cheap is lack of demamd for petrol seden, especially At versions, that are fuel guzzlers. You can not expect mileage of more than 7 - 8 in cuty driving conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrazy View Post
I need a petrol car for use when I am in Bombay. Do not want to spend too much maximum about Rs. 60-70k.
Could bhpians suggest if Fiat Palio 1.6 is a good choice - I have always liked them and being petrol their valuation fits my brief.
I would suggest you to go for used Maruti Zen instead as your budget is not more than Rs. 75,000. Though Fiat Palio 1.6 is a good car, but spares parts are very costly & generally limited in supply. Also Fiat Palio will give really low mileage.

Quote:
BTW, what mileage does your friend get in his SX4 AT?
As mentioned above, mileage will be on lower side & if the car is really good, you may consider installing a CNG Kit.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 16:39   #6239
BHPian

i10 AT.

Grateful for a quick advice on right price to be paid for i10 Automatic Sportz 2009 Oct model with 42k on odo on stock tires. Sister intends to pick one at Pune. Lady owner asking for 3.5 lac.

There are a few deep scratches on bumpers however interior as reported in quite clean.

Rgds

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 14th December 2012 at 16:41. Reason: typo error
Old 14th December 2012, 19:58   #6240
BHPian

Hi Jignesh & Metalbuff,

Jignesh, I think we met briefly at the Oye Punjab meet.

Thanks for all the inputs.
I am hoping to get the AT car checked out tomorrow and will keep you informed of the progress.
Also now been offered a SX4 Vxi 2011 Dec. Regd 2012 Feb. Single owner. Bom Reg. Run only 5000 Kms and fitted with a "sequential" CNG system (not by Maruti). Asking for 5.5L. I have driven the car but found it rather sluggish on CNG. Apart from that it is also in excellent condition. Owner going abroad.
Does anyone know what sequential means?
What do you guys think? By fitting the CNG outside the owner of the Vxi has invalidated the warranty whereas there is still a 1 year (extended) warranty on the SX4 AT.

A quick reply would be much appreciated.

Regards,

SS

Most Viewed