Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2014, 21:38   #9211
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Dear friends,

I have recently come across a THAR, 2 years, 20K on ODO with 3-piece removable FRP top, -Floor-carpeting, Music system, bull-guards, hella Xenon lamps, Carbon-composite leaf-springs in the rear.

Whats should be the ideal price to start & close this deal?

Regards,
Old 26th April 2014, 22:32   #9212
BHPian

friends- What would be the good price for an i10 Sportz AT (2011 -Sep, Single Owner, Driven 8000 KM ). Car looks like a brand new and its with Hyundai Advantage dealer. They quoted 4.1 and finally offering 4.00 Lacs.
Old 27th April 2014, 10:18   #9213
BHPian

Need some advice.
Planning to go for a used Innova. Have seen one which had done only 38000 kms and is a 2009 make(2.5V - 7 seater)
What would be a good price for this vehicle? Looks to be a well maintained car with a couple of minor dents(no paint damage) .Ofcourse,I would be the 2nd owner if I decide to go for it. Please advice.
The current owner is quoting 10 lakhs

Last edited by hallik9 : 27th April 2014 at 10:20.
Old 27th April 2014, 10:40   #9214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Need some advice.
Planning to go for a used Innova. Have seen one which had done only 38000 kms and is a 2009 make(2.5V - 7 seater)
What would be a good price for this vehicle? Looks to be a well maintained car with a couple of minor dents(no paint damage) .Ofcourse,I would be the 2nd owner if I decide to go for it. Please advice.

Mine is a 2005 model done 110000 km, and has a market value if 6L, so your looks ok to me, however why not go for a new vehicle, the G model should not cost much in addition to 10L
Old 27th April 2014, 14:24   #9215
BHPian

Looking at a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI classic 39k kms. Is around 6L a good price for it? Tyres need replacement.
Old 28th April 2014, 10:30   #9216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Need some advice.
I believe its a great price for a V variant which has done ONLY 38,000 kms. Isn't the current V costing around 17L in Bangy ?
Old 28th April 2014, 11:21   #9217
BHPian

Hello Fellas,

Please shed light on the fair prices for the below Mumbai registered vehicles -

1) 2012 Honda City VMT (12000 clicks and asking price w/o negotiations is 7.5 Lacs) -

2) 2013 Honda City VMT (5000 clicks and asking price w/o negotiations is 7.2 Lacs) -

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 28th April 2014 at 11:32. Reason: Adding more details
Old 30th April 2014, 13:18   #9218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
Dear friends,

I have recently come across a THAR, 2 years, 20K on ODO with 3-piece removable FRP top, -Floor-carpeting, Music system, bull-guards, hella Xenon lamps, Carbon-composite leaf-springs in the rear.

Whats should be the ideal price to start & close this deal?

Regards,
Hello W,
Since you are saying 2 years old, I am presuming 2012 manufactured factory fitted A/C model.

A price of around 6-6.25L is fair. Btw, how much is seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
friends- What would be the good price for an i10 Sportz AT (2011 -Sep, Single Owner, Driven 8000 KM ). Car looks like a brand new and its with Hyundai Advantage dealer. They quoted 4.1 and finally offering 4.00 Lacs.
Hello JV,
Considering prices in South India are higher than rest of India,for once this dealer price seems somewhat fair.
However if you can, try to reduce another 10-15K. Just to be sure, check for any insurance claims & full service history.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Looking at a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI classic 39k kms. Is around 6L a good price for it? Tyres need replacement.
Hello A,
Skoda's have poor resale values, more so a petrol. Since tyres need replacement try to reduce the price by that much. Around 5.5-5.75L is a VFM price.
Do double check the service history & claims in insurance.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello Fellas,

1) 2012 Honda City VMT

2) 2013 Honda City VMT
Hello MB,
I would vote for the second one, simply because it's newer,lesser run & cheaper too!!
Since this model has been recently discontinued, haggle hard & reduce price. Anything around 6.5-6.75L is great news!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 13:26   #9219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello Fellas,

1) 2012 Honda City VMT (12000 clicks and asking price w/o negotiations is 7.5 Lacs) -

2) 2013 Honda City VMT (5000 clicks and asking price w/o negotiations is 7.2 Lacs) -

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Shivang Gandotra
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello MB,
I would vote for the second one, simply because it's newer,lesser run & cheaper too!!
Since this model has been recently discontinued, haggle hard & reduce price. Anything around 6.5-6.75L is great news!!

Regards,
Varun
True that! I myself liked and shortlisted these however, the prices are 7.5L (City 2012) and 7.2L (City 2013). So, we know the winner, here . I looked up at various places and found only 2011 Honda Citys to be circa 6.5 Lacs. More importantly, I have am perplexed how do I narrow down to a competitive quote (Aggresive however, rational enough that the seller doesn't run away )

It's really surprising to see these eleven lakh (ballpark figure), in-demand and 1 - 2 year old cars to be retailing at so less (at the price quoted above) without even negotiating! Guess the new City 2014 factor has worked a lot negatively for the previous generation model. Good for us, haha!

- Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 30th April 2014 at 13:33.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 15:50   #9220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Optra, Lancer, Ikon, Opels and other - All of these will turn out to be extremely expensive to maintain considering that you will get a 10+ year old car. Plus none of these are ideal for CNG use.

Palio, Indica, Indigo, - Not good candidates for CNG!

I would have recommended buying a car that has not been run on CNG before but then that would mean reducing the car budget even more to have enough money left for a new CNG kit. So with an overall budget around 1 lac, you could look for one of these cars with a CNG kit installed already. My order of preference based on your requirement: Honda city, Esteem, Accent, Santro, Zen, Baleno.
Could you please explain why is it that CNG is not advisable on the Indica and Indigo. I came across a couple of these Tata Cars which were well under my budget and in good condition.

Also like Maruti do the Hyundais also face the corrosion issue?
Old 1st May 2014, 12:46   #9221
BHPian

Hello to Bhpians,

I am considering the below pre-owned cars and will be going to have a look on the weekend. Requesting your inputs so i can negotiate well and make a good decision.
1. 2011 Hyundai i10 Magna (Odo 20K and price quoted is 3 Lacs)
2. 2011 Hyundai i10 Era (Odo 10K and price quoted is 2.95 Lacs)

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Old 1st May 2014, 17:05   #9222
BHPian

Thanks Powertrain. The agreed price is 5.75L. The car 17 inch BBS alloys as well. I have given a 5K advance. I need to check the insurance and service records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello A, Skoda's have poor resale values, more so a petrol. Since tyres need replacement try to reduce the price by that much. Around 5.5-5.75L is a VFM price. Do double check the service history & claims in insurance. Regards, Varun
Old 1st May 2014, 18:19   #9223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Powertrain. The agreed price is 5.75L. The car 17 inch BBS alloys as well. I have given a 5K advance. I need to check the insurance and service records.
17 inch aftermarket alloys and you haven't checked the history on this car? I urge you to do that asap. Modifications like these are the indication of an enthusiastic driver and on cars such as these with our roads, and not enough care, you could be looking at issues with the front suspension, rotors and rubber parts. Please check out the service history as well as have the car inspected professionally.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 19:09   #9224
BHPian

Thank you for your advice. I got it inspected by Raghav of ignite garage and the car is fine. The car is owned by a doctor. I got busy with an unexpected medical emergency in the family and couldn't check the service history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
17 inch aftermarket alloys and you haven't checked the history on this car? I urge you to do that asap. Modifications like these are the indication of an enthusiastic driver and on cars such as these with our roads, and not enough care, you could be looking at issues with the front suspension, rotors and rubber parts. Please check out the service history as well as have the car inspected professionally.
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:30   #9225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Hello to Bhpians,

I am considering the below pre-owned cars and will be going to have a look on the weekend. Requesting your inputs so i can negotiate well and make a good decision.
1. 2011 Hyundai i10 Magna (Odo 20K and price quoted is 3 Lacs)
2. 2011 Hyundai i10 Era (Odo 10K and price quoted is 2.95 Lacs)

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Hello SR,
I would suggest the i10 Magna, simply because it has more features. And 20k is nothing for an i10. A VFM price will be 2.6-2.75L for Magna & around 2.3-2.4L for Era.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Thank you for your advice. I got it inspected by Raghav of ignite garage and the car is fine. The car is owned by a doctor. I got busy with an unexpected medical emergency in the family and couldn't check the service history.
Hello A,
Do check if the doctor has a teenage son. As Ishaan correctly suggested, dont buy the car without checking out the service history. Skoda spares are expensive & it's better to lose the 5K advance than losing 50K on repairs. I suggest you deffer your car buying until your family emergency is over.
Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks