Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:51   #11416
BHPian

Hello guys, I have shortlisted one 2012 Skoda Laura L&K 2.0 TDI CR AT which has done 49k and first owner. It seems to be in mint condition. At what price range can I pick it up? Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:42   #11417
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi avisidhu,
You can try to bring him down to 7.5 max. 8 is a reasonable price to be honest for a clean low run car.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
8+ is way too high for a Civic! If it's in excellent condition settle the deal between 6 to 6.30 Lakhs and if the condition say is good enough then 5.8 to 6 lakhs, anything above that is simply not worth it as the vehicle too has been dis-continued.
Thank you Rationalist and Yash for your replies. The final negotiated amount is around 7.10. It might be a bit on the higher side but apparently its a limited edition variant (sun roof, navigation, leather seats) and the condition is mint.

We intend to keep the car for at least 5 years. Do let me know your thoughts. Also, would there be any issues in terms of availability of spares etc, being a discontinued model?
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:35   #11418
BHPian

Hello all,

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (top end with ABS, 2 airbags, alloys etc), Sep/Oct 2008, done 39K Km. Getting it for 2.15L. Fair deal?

I intend to keep it for 5 years/80K Km atleast. How good is it mechanically? Have seen long term ownership reports vouching for it.

Need advice. Should I go for it?
srinath.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:27   #11419
BHPian

This is going to be more of a consultation than a simple price check so please bear with me . I am eyeing a used Civic owned by one of my close acquaintances. First the details:

Purchased – Dec 2006
Variant – S AT (Not sure, No Sunroof)
Ownership – First Owner (Company Registered)
Mileage – 1,66,XXX KM

I have driven the car a number of times and always walked away happy but then I have never evaluated with the discernible eye of a buyer. I have gone through the service history for the last few years and have this to report:
  • Serviced Regularly at Honda ASS including things like transmission fluid (ATF)
  • Both Linked Rods Replaced and Engine Mounts replaced at 140K KM
  • Airbag inflators replaced as part of recall

Repairs/Replacements suggested by Service center:
  • Both Lower arms
  • Both Steering ends
  • Idle Pulley
  • Both Front lower ball joints
  • Maybe Battery
  • Front Bulkhead found damaged

What I’m worried about:
  • I can’t make up what these suggested replacements are and how much they might cost.
  • How long will the AT for the car last ?
  • How difficult will be transferring this from a company registration ?
  • Resale value after 2 years

So considering these details, what should be a fair price ?
Old 4th July 2016, 11:10   #11420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
Hello all,

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (top end with ABS, 2 airbags, alloys etc), Sep/Oct 2008, done 39K Km. Getting it for 2.15L. Fair deal?

I intend to keep it for 5 years/80K Km atleast. How good is it mechanically? Have seen long term ownership reports vouching for it.

Need advice. Should I go for it?
If the reading of 39,000 kilometres is genuine, then you're striking a beautiful deal. Get it thoroughly checked by Ford as well as your friendly mechanic, change those tyres. That's an awesome machine.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:23   #11421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
This is going to be more of a consultation than a simple price check so please bear with me . I am eyeing a used Civic owned by one of my close acquaintances. First the details:

Purchased – Dec 2006
Variant – S AT (Not sure, No Sunroof)
Ownership – First Owner (Company Registered)
Mileage – 1,66,XXX KM

I have driven the car a number of times and always walked away happy but then I have never evaluated with the discernible eye of a buyer. I have gone through the service history for the last few years and have this to report:
  • Serviced Regularly at Honda ASS including things like transmission fluid (ATF)
  • Both Linked Rods Replaced and Engine Mounts replaced at 140K KM
  • Airbag inflators replaced as part of recall

Repairs/Replacements suggested by Service center:
  • Both Lower arms
  • Both Steering ends
  • Idle Pulley
  • Both Front lower ball joints
  • Maybe Battery
  • Front Bulkhead found damaged

What I’m worried about:
  • I can’t make up what these suggested replacements are and how much they might cost.
  • How long will the AT for the car last ?
  • How difficult will be transferring this from a company registration ?
  • Resale value after 2 years

So considering these details, what should be a fair price ?
Nothing too troubling for the car's age and mileage there. Although you need to keep in mind that going through Honda for all replacements will leave a big hole in your pocket. The car is in its 10th year, why not get the quotation from local FNG? I would make a budget of approx. 20-25k for the replacements and all.

Although mine was a MT Civic, personally I haven't heard too many complaints about AT since it is an old-school torque converter based AT (CVT are more maintenance demanding than this).

Fair price: 1.7-1.8ish, that too dependent upon exterior/interior conditions (I am assuming 8/10 condition). If taken to a dealer, this car won't fetch more than 1.7 in most probability.

Forget about resale after 2 years, this is the rock-bottom price for Civics. You don't stand to lose more than 20-30k from this price even after 2 years of ownership.

BTW, what Color and Which city registered is the car? Regarding your confusion on S/AT, there was no sunroof offered back then (it just came in last year of Civic's life in Indian market). If it has factory leather seats, indicator lights on OVRM and Fog Lamps, it is V trim, if fabric seats and no indicators on OVRM or fog lamps, it is S.

Its a very good car for the price, if you like the car and have faith in car's service history and all. Go for it by all means. I miss my Civic like anything for that lovely engine alone!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:41   #11422
s10
BHPian

Hi Guys,

How much to expect for Oct 2010 SX4 Green Vxi model? Has done ~110000kms. Condition of the car is very good, first owner.
He is asking for 4L, is it a fair price?
All services done regularly, 2 tyres news, 2 will need replacement in some time.

Thanks for your help...
Old 4th July 2016, 12:48   #11423
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Need some help in understanding what would be the fair price for a Dec 2013 1.6 Polo GT TDi.

The car looks to be in good condition and has run 33,000kms. I took a short drive and was a happy chappy.
Will do some more due diligence soon, but wanted to know what would the forum thinks is a fair price for it?

The car is still on its original set of tyres.

Cheers !

Sundar
Old 4th July 2016, 16:05   #11424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Nothing too troubling for the car's age and mileage there. Although you need to keep in mind that going through Honda for all replacements will leave a big hole in your pocket. The car is in its 10th year, why not get the quotation from local FNG? I would make a budget of approx. 20-25k for the replacements and all.

Although mine was a MT Civic, personally I haven't heard too many complaints about AT since it is an old-school torque converter based AT (CVT are more maintenance demanding than this).

Fair price: 1.7-1.8ish,!
Really appreciate your detailed inputs here.

The car in question is in Chandigarh and has spent her life on the pristine roads in this city.
I'll have to take another look at the car to confirm the variant as i cant recall if it had fog lamps.
I'm not sure about the official name of the color but it is light blue, exactly the one you'll find in this excellent thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pre-owned.html

As for the exterior, sadly i'll have to rate it as 7/10 at best plus there are some cosmetic issues (faded panels, steering) as is to be expected from a car of this vintage.

I want to share Something that is bugging me a little bit.
Don’t you think 1.8 for this car "sounds" a bit too low ?

And i am emphasizing "sounds" here since it is a Civic and last year i almost sold my Jellybean zen for 65K.
Logically this does sound right considering how another BHPian paid 2.2 for a 80K driven 2003 corolla.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xperience.html
But i was mentally budgeting around 2.5 for this purchase so 1.8 sounds a bit odd.
My next step now is to browse this thread to lookup details on similar purchases.

Eager to hear your views on this.
Old 4th July 2016, 16:46   #11425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Don’t you think 1.8 for this car "sounds" a bit too low ?

Logically this does sound right considering how another BHPian paid 2.2 for a 80K driven 2003 corolla.
Sold my Civic for INR 2L just 2 months back and it was in PRISTINE condition and some lovely mods! (Check out my garage and thread for pics) So, I know what I am talking about.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-sold-36.html

Here is a probable tip: Just offer the owner to take it to a couple of used car dealers for a quote for his mental satisfaction and offer to top up the best dealer offer by 10k... something that will keep your relation with current owner intact and this way you will also get to know the market benchmarks. CHD prices are just a bit steeper than Delhi, so I'd say add 10-15k in my previously mentioned price.

Oh and BTW, Swami bought his Corolla in Chennai! It has slightly higher new/used car prices than our North Indian market, mainly due to higher road taxes down south.

Do check upon other available Civics in market if you are having your heart on this lovely car by Honda! Keep us posted.
Old 4th July 2016, 18:16   #11426
BHPian

I see that the previous gen figos are lot cheaper than other cars in the same class. For ex, I see 2013 titanium going for 3.9 lacs on carwale (in Bangalore, that is). Is there any fundamental problem with the car? Does it not age as well as say a swift? Or the prices are lower just because its a ford ?
Old 4th July 2016, 21:06   #11427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I see that the previous gen figos are lot cheaper than other cars in the same class. For ex, I see 2013 titanium going for 3.9 lacs on carwale (in Bangalore, that is). Is there any fundamental problem with the car? Does it not age as well as say a swift? Or the prices are lower just because its a ford ?
The thing about the previous generation figo's is that it has very high maintenance costs associated with it. Especially in the diesel variant. And moreover ford's in general have a lower resale value than other brands. If you really like the old generation figo go for it but be prepared for some occasional maintenance costs.
just_in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 10:07   #11428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
There is no fundamental problem with the car. Resale prices are lower just because of the brand perception in the market. From my 5+ years of experience of owning Figo Titanium TDCi, I can easily say that the maintenance cost is at par with the other cars in the same class.

When I casually went to get my car evaluated from a used-car dealer last year, he quoted in the range of 2.7L!! He said, Maruti DZire/Swift/Alto/WagonR get sold within 2/3 days whereas Fords/Fiats take weeks (and at times months) to move. He has, in fact, stopped dealing with Fords/Fiats!! Such is the perception of used-car market.

So to sum it up, if the car is in good shape and has validated service history, Ford Figo makes a smart deal to be bought used.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 11:40   #11429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_in View Post
The thing about the previous generation figo's is that it has very high maintenance costs associated with it. Especially in the diesel variant. And moreover ford's in general have a lower resale value than other brands. If you really like the old generation figo go for it but be prepared for some occasional maintenance costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
There is no fundamental problem with the car. Resale prices are lower just because of the brand perception in the market. From my 5+ years of experience of owning Figo Titanium TDCi, I can easily say that the maintenance cost is at par with the other cars in the same class.

When I casually went to get my car evaluated from a used-car dealer last year, he quoted in the range of 2.7L!! He said, Maruti DZire/Swift/Alto/WagonR get sold within 2/3 days whereas Fords/Fiats take weeks (and at times months) to move. He has, in fact, stopped dealing with Fords/Fiats!! Such is the perception of used-car market.

So to sum it up, if the car is in good shape and has validated service history, Ford Figo makes a smart deal to be bought used.
Thanks guys.
Hi @Just_in : What are those occasional expenses (apart from the service and oil fill up, of course)?

I drove the previous gen figo more than an year ago and was simply bowled by its handling and very mature ride. The new figo which I test drove recently is simply not a match to the older one.

I am in two minds between buying a used or new car. But the last gen Figo is a serious contender if I do choose to buy an used car.
Old 6th July 2016, 00:23   #11430
BHPian

Looks like Civics are in demand!

I am thinking of upgrading to an automatic petrol sedan and am looking at either a Civic or a Corolla Altis.

Odometer: Less than 50k
Age: Not older than 2010 (probably 2010-2012 Q4 fall in budget)

I would personally prefer the Corolla (post 2011, 7 speed) but if I find a clean Civic, the paddle shift and sunroof may just tempt me (though I just feel its GC isnt suited for my driving).

I would want a car that can go anywhere without breaking a sweat and without me having to think twice. (no off-roading but Uttrakhand and Himachal do have some bad stretches). I plan to keep the car for a long while and like all our other cars, this will be religiously serviced before time at my trusted FNG.

What are the going rates for 2010- 2011 models for both?

Any suggestions for
1. Other cars that I can look at?
2. Any know contacts have a clean example for sale?
3. Any dealers I should talk to?

Honestly, while my commute demands an automatic, if I find a good deal on a super clean manual, I will pick it up.

All pointers appreciated. Thanks
akshaymahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed