Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 19:58   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
those esteem doing 2min 9 sec is 1324cc,going run in cc to weight class,suspension trials and tuning being carried out at the moment,expect the timing to come down way further,cheers,happy revving..!
Relax.
We all expect those timings to come down.
Why so serious?
Old 7th March 2010, 20:02   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yup, the best of our boys was Nikhil from Bangalore with 2m 21s

The best of the day was the guys testing their Baleno Esteems at 2m 9s.

Our man Manek in his M800 5speed was at 2:31
Nikhil here:

My best time recorded was 2:21.63

Among the officially recorded scores mine was the fastest if you leave out the race esteems.

However, Megazoid's car and Siddharth's RS werent timed using the transponders, and honestly, those guys were absolutely flying even though Siddharth had a bit of heat problems with his car.

However, I am very happy with the P&P. I had incredible fun. My tyres havent worn as much as I expected them to. I'll post pics of the AD07s soon. 21,000 kms + 150 kms full throttle on the track. The Advan Neovas are the true heroes for me

They saved my life on the highway once and made my car go around the track in double quick time.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:04   #273
Senior - BHPian

Nice meeting Gansan, Nitrous, Slipstream & all the more great suprise with Manu.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:06   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
those esteem doing 2min 9 sec is 1324cc,going run in cc to weight class,suspension trials and tuning being carried out at the moment,expect the timing to come down way further,cheers,happy revving..!
2:09 is still a fast lap.

Quote:
The best of the day was the guys testing their Baleno Esteems at 2m 9s.
Oh damn, track spec B-Esteems huh.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 7th March 2010 at 20:08.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:15   #275
BHPian

nitrous i posted because someone posted the esteem's were running baleno engine's,which they weren't not the bombay one's atleast,nothing serious or anything of the sort,was just sharing
Old 7th March 2010, 21:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

What a fantastic day. My personal best (self timed) was 3:10. Let's do this again soon.

Any idea who was driving a white Swift on the track?

Last edited by Gilead : 7th March 2010 at 21:51.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:25   #277
BHPian

Great experience today. Had a tough time taking the verna round track for the first 2 or 3 laps. Then settled down nicely, inspite of a couple of going off the track incidents between bala and myself when we pushed the car too much. By the end of the session I was far more comfortable with the handling and (probably) clocking better times with less tire squeal than the beginning. Didnt get any official timing done though. The torque generated is amazing. I drove with the ac on 90% of the day and the power loss was negligible.
Thanks to vijay for taking me round the initial lap, bala for teaching me that I can push that little bit more and vikram who kept reminding me that theres more space there than we think which helped me to really improve my driving over the last 5 to 7 laps.
Nevertheless, dont mess with the verna (on and off the track)!

P.S. Ranjit has got some great snaps. Looking forward to seeing them soon. and did people keep track of how many laps they did? I lost count, think I ended up doing quite a few.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 7th March 2010 at 22:30.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:33   #278
BHPian

my first time driving on a track - and all I can say is its an awesome experience. I think I ended up slowing down a lot of folks (sorry ppl - newbie on board) with my santro , especially in my first few laps I did a total of 110kms on track - thats 30 laps or so and each lap I got more confident about what I can do with my car also I think the headers and CAI (actually hot air intake as inlet pipe was broken) did a good job.
As for the tyres (yoko 185/60 a539s) - they seem ok.
One issue I noticed once I hit the highway - I realized in low revs there is some strange jerky power delivery. Other than that all seems fine and I am glad I did this!!

Only crib is the drive back to bangy in the dark with irritating trucks blocking the roads due to the 5kmph drag races.

Last edited by jassi : 7th March 2010 at 23:51.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:06   #279
BHPian

Some shots from the track today. More to follow soon
Attached Thumbnails
MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-img_0115-small.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-img_0123-small.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-img_0148-small.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th March 2010, 00:20   #280
BHPian

wow..this looks so exciting ! Congrats everyone !

I would love be a part of this the next time !

Guys Please upload videos if you have any !
Old 8th March 2010, 01:43   #281
BHPian

Guys, i came to the track with my friends.We all came just to see our members practice.
These are my observations of the practice session, from a layman's perspective.

Impressive cars...

1.Those tuned Esteems very amazing.

2.Red palio (Nikhil's?)-He was quite fast and gave some tough competition to one of those tuned esteem's.

3.Maruti 800 (manek?) : We were all shocked with its performance..Is that a stock one or modded? It was quite fast.

4.Red matiz was really impressive..Not sure if its from our group.

5.Silver color santro: Another surprise...nice exhaust note and quick.

6.Verna(quicker than expected),GETZ,Honda city old also was quick as expected.

7:I came to see Baleno and Vtec cars but could not see anything impressive from these cars.

8.Ford fiesta 1.6 was also bit slow...

9:Saw 3 Indicas in the track.They were also quite good...I would have bought mine if i have got a reply from one of u guys.

I know this entire post sounds rubbish...but just wanted to convey whatever i have seen.
No offense meant anyone.
Old 8th March 2010, 05:52   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Nice meeting Gansan, Nitrous, Slipstream & all the more great suprise with Manu.
How did I forget to mention YZFRJ? Nice meeting you too; PM me for any help on Rx rebuild, I'll help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
3.Maruti 800 (manek?) : We were all shocked with its performance..Is that a stock one or modded? It was quite fast.
Really very very amazing, & I'm already in love with 800. I've due respect to this guy Manek.

Quote:
4.Red matiz was really impressive..Not sure if its from our group.
Not from ours; they also got a very "good pats" for overspeeding in pits

Quote:
5.Silver color santro: Another surprise...nice exhaust note and quick.
Whosever it is, that exhaust is still sounding in my ears, really amazing sound.

Last edited by aargee : 8th March 2010 at 05:57.
Old 8th March 2010, 06:46   #283
Senior - BHPian

looks like i missed something nice. last minute rescheduling of a personal engagement pushed me to canceling this.. else it would have been like the tata sky + Ads.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:27   #284
Senior - BHPian

I am in awe of the Track day. It turned out to be a super event.
Many thanks to Nitrous for taking me along in his ride and teaching me the basics and nuances of driving in the Track.

My personal times were actually improving. from 3.25 to 3.18 to 3.10 and Finally when the Transponder was hooked on i made a 2.57 run. Bakya was actually telling, me to push faster in the corners, somehow i was bit afraid with those race esteems blowing past everyone on the Track.

Would like to know who was the one in White Swift Vdi (running with Stock tires)

Very nice to meet you guys; Headers, Manek, Slipstream, Petrol Head, Venom rider, ikoneer, yzfrj, 2theMax, Nikhil, Mission Safari.

I did notice Neo Ranjith, and few others of T-bhp but could get an intro.

To sum it up, i am really liking the smell of burning tires, the mad acceleration till red line when you hit the straights and the dizzying experience when turn hard. I am loving it all. Looking forward for more Track days like these.

P.S: Guys in case if you guys got a snap of my Grey swift, (by chance atleast) please share it. Thanks

Last edited by Mi10 : 8th March 2010 at 08:29.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:30   #285
Senior - BHPian

This was so fun. Truly amazing. I went for 6 laps on the track with transponder.
Next time will definitely change tyres and stiffen up the suspension too. Was simply awesome.
We should definitely do this more often.

The white swift with white alloys I think belongs to slipstream . it was a diesel right ?

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 12:59. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks