Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 16:01   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
^^ I hope you got your exhaust note you were looking for
oh! - thats mine? - i thought it was your red palio when I first saw the video - it does get loud in the straight in the end or is that the palio's sound overtaking me
I am not quite sure if I was pushing it or not, but you can clearly see how the 1.6 (with its power and handling) caught up and finally overtook me

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Just saw the video! Dude, you santro sounds amazing Really has a sweet note!
Cheers!
hehe thanks :-) i'm waiting to see if arjunrudra's videos/pics cover my car from the side of the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer
When i went to bed yesterday night, the track effect was echoling in my mind and i felt like i was going in circles doing the turns and being pulled to a side at each turns.
same here dude - when i closed my eyes to sleep it felt like I was still driving !

Last edited by jassi : 8th March 2010 at 16:04.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:16   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Other than that all seems fine and I am glad I did this!!
Only crib is the drive back to bangy in the dark with irritating trucks blocking the roads due to the 5kmph drag races.
jassi, were you driving the Santro? It sounded sweet. I was following you in my 1.6S for a while and you were on three wheels in a couple of corners as well. And thanks for letting me overtake. Yours was the only car I overtook that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
8.Ford fiesta 1.6 was also bit slow...
The slow Fiesta was me. I am a track noob and I was scared to push it too much. My car is nearly brand new as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
He was not a BHPian. He wanted a helmet for his wife (I think) and I gave him mine. Later he kindly took me for a spin on the track in his Swift.
I don't know if there were two white Swifts on the track, but one of them was being driven badly and even dangerously. It cut me off on a blind corner from behind once, and then went off the track twice in front of me and re-entered the track right in front of me rather than waiting for me to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Thanks Nitrous for the experience.
Nitrous drove my car too for a few laps and showed me the lines. I think I drove better after that. Thank you dude.

For me, the best driven cars on the track were Nikhil's NHC and a red Palio.

The Jaguar was awesome. It sounded like an angry beast even when idling. Never encountered it on the track though. I would have loved to get a ride in that one.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th March 2010 at 16:19.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:30   #318
BHPian

@gilead: you should have asked me for a ride in it!. next track day. sure!
Old 8th March 2010, 16:35   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 2:21 was done by the NHC VTEC right? Great going!!!

Shan2nu
Old 8th March 2010, 16:46   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
jassi, were you driving the Santro? It sounded sweet. I was following you in my 1.6S for a while and you were on three wheels in a couple of corners as well. And thanks for letting me overtake. Yours was the only car I overtook that day.
oh yeah I remember a 1.6s stuck behind me for sometime and I thought to myself I must be seriously holding up this car which has a lot of potential - so i let you overtake. And wow I never realized I was on 3 wheels and never even heard my tires screeching (drowned by exhaust sound i guess). I certainly wasn't 3 wheeling like the red matiz

Quote:
I don't know if there were two white Swifts on the track, but one of them was being driven badly and even dangerously. It cut me off on a blind corner from behind once, and then went off the track twice in front of me and re-entered the track right in front of me rather than waiting for me to pass.
this sounds like something out of a videogame :-)

Quote:
The Jaguar was awesome. It sounded like an angry beast even when idling. Never encountered it on the track though. I would have loved to get a ride in that one.
yeah agreed nikhil's NHC and palio (rahulkool's ?) were being driven really well. The Jaguar - was behind me at some point in time and was being driven very well - it did overtake and lap me a couple of times

Last edited by jassi : 8th March 2010 at 16:49.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:46   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The 2:21 was done by the NHC VTEC right? Great going!!!

Shan2nu
Yep, it was a NHC VTEC with a huge sticker on the bonnet. I lost count of the number of times it passed me on the track.

The 800 was being driven beautifully too.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:49   #322
BHPian

@jassi! thank you. your santro sounds amazing. i heard it when i was behind you.

Last edited by jagxf : 8th March 2010 at 16:53.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:56   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

No, I don't think I saw two white Swifts on track. He never left the track during the two laps I was with him. The way he took the corners was exhilarating - boy, did those tyres SCREAM - and induced anxiety at the same time. I began to worry the car may turn turtle if something went wrong, so after a polite two lap wait requested him to drop me back!

I otherwise saw him only while I was standing and watching near the final straight. During the laps before he took me on board, he was driving with his female companion in the car so I presume he would have stayed safe. After he dropped me off he was driving alone - I don't know what happened then. But I did hear that he blew a tyre and left immediately after that.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
yeah i was driving the car while one my friend is making the video
Sweet driving! Just checked out your palio in your garage - she's a looker!

Quote:
hehe thanks :-) i'm waiting to see if arjunrudra's videos/pics cover my car from the side of the track!
No probs, dude! Can't wait to see some videos to hear it!

Off topic:

Anna's, please see my signature and pm if you are interested/know someone who is interested! TIA!
Old 8th March 2010, 17:06   #325
c10
BHPian

Hi all,
I was watching this thread for a long time.. & finally i got a call from my friend to go for the track day..

7th March 2010.. what a day i can say.. it was nothing compared to what i expected it to be.. 300 Kms drive on a beautiful highway.. a memorable day at the Track, got to met psycho, vasu & Mr. Radha & his marvellous machine.. a 300 Kms floored-drive back.. what more could i have expected!!

I had no plans of getting my zen to the track as the tyres are in real bad shape.. But when plans changed my friend and i had no options but to drive down to chennai in my zen.. i did not drive my zen on the tracks but instead drove the Matiz for a couple of laps..

It was a memorable experience & i missed my zen on the Track.. the esteems were a treat to watch!! Next track day - my zen will be on the tracks!! Thanks to one & all for organising track day & hope to be there soon

Cheers!!
Old 8th March 2010, 17:11   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Hi all,
i did not drive my zen on the tracks but instead drove the Matiz for a couple of laps..
so you were driving that red matiz !! amazing stuff man - i dunno if you timed, but you were really fast - I was behind you on a couple of corners and you were almost always on 3 wheels
Old 8th March 2010, 17:15   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I don't think I saw two white Swifts on track. He never left the track during the two laps I was with him. The way he took the corners was exhilarating - boy, did those tyres SCREAM - and induced anxiety at the same time. I began to worry the car may turn turtle if something went wrong, so after a polite two lap wait requested him to drop me back!

I otherwise saw him only while I was standing and watching near the final straight. During the laps before he took me on board, he was driving with his female companion in the car so I presume he would have stayed safe. After he dropped me off he was driving alone - I don't know what happened then. But I did hear that he blew a tyre and left immediately after that.
As far as i know there were only 2 white swifts inside the pits.
One was slipstreams with Alloys (white) and i think he never got to the track.The Other swift was running on stock tires with wheelcaps.

With due respect to his driving abilities on Track, On my second lap, he cut me in corner very sharpley. I mean, i was watchin him on my rear mirror and when i knew i was approaching a turn, i slowed down to move right (to take a left turn), he was just charging at me, i really panicked, so just slowed down and tried to move extreme left,even before that he slithered past my left and took a tires screeching turn.

I was of the opinion that we are'nt overtaking in corners. But then i got used to it after being blitzed past umpteen number of times by those race esteems in corners, straights, almost in all sections of the track.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:15   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
i did not drive my zen on the tracks but instead drove the Matiz for a couple of laps..
I saw the red Matiz come in to the pit lane real fast and immediately being pulled up and reprimanded by some track official. Who was driving it then?
Old 8th March 2010, 17:19   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@gilead: you should have asked me for a ride in it!. next track day. sure!
I didn't realize it was yours. I'll hop in next time. Thanks.

Quote:
But I did hear that he blew a tyre and left immediately after that.
I am not surprised it blew a tire. It seemed to be running on the stones on all corners. It cut me off on the inside and went over those stones. I could hear the noise. Then it went off the track and jumped right across the track in front of me. Next corner it went off again and did the same thing.

Quote:
oh yeah I remember a 1.6s stuck behind me for sometime and I thought to myself I must be seriously holding up this car which has a lot of potential - so i let you overtake. And wow I never realized I was on 3 wheels and never even heard my tires screeching (drowned by exhaust sound i guess). I certainly wasn't 3 wheeling like the red matiz
I definitely saw your car on three wheels at least twice I was following you for a while as you were doing a comfy speed and I wanted to learn the right lines. You gave way to one of those race esteems and went on the wrong line. There was a yawning gap in front of me and I took it. Nice fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I was of the opinion that we are'nt overtaking in corners. But then i got used to it after being blitzed past umpteen number of times by those race esteems in corners, straights, almost in all sections of the track.
The race Esteems overtook me on corners as well, but they kept a safe distance. I was never scared of them. The Swift incident was scary.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th March 2010 at 17:23.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:22   #330
c10
BHPian

Quote:
so you were driving that red matiz !! amazing stuff man - i dunno if you timed, but you were really fast - I was behind you on a couple of corners and you were almost always on 3 wheels
Well i drove just a couple of laps.. Guess it was my friends whom u are referring too..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks