Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 21:27   #466
Senior - BHPian

Another set of tyres ruined :(, first changed at 5k after the trackday now this.

The both front tyres have inflated outer edge, i think this has happened because of heat or something. i am attaching the pics. because of this there was no grip in the last 3-4 laps and its the reason i didn't tried with the transponders :(

I am thinking of getting another set of ES100 for the time being, right now i have rotated the tyres so the worn out ones are on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-img_0018.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-img_0025.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 21:58   #467
Senior - BHPian

hey guys

Cars misfiring after 2 laps on the track indicates fuel flow problems as well as cooling system issues. Please get them checked / rectified.

Taking a car on track is not as HOT as made out to be. Whether its 43 C or 33C does not make a difference for the cars

Cheers
Old 10th March 2010, 22:35   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
hey guys

Cars misfiring after 2 laps on the track indicates fuel flow problems as well as cooling system issues. Please get them checked / rectified.

Taking a car on track is not as HOT as made out to be. Whether its 43 C or 33C does not make a difference for the cars

Cheers
Vikram sir, you mean to say even when we are hitting the redline in every gear in extreme (well not that extreme) heat engine will perform normally ?

Most cars are bone stock, still ?

I kinda expect my car to misfire, its old and as you said it will have some cooling or fueling issue.

Sorry for the noob question. You know more about this than many folks here.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:44   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hope it wasn't mine.
Don't worry mach... with all mods planned, I am sure your baby's gonna rock!!! Did you narrow down to the actual root cause of the revving issue?
Na Gautam, it was not you. Hrishi (Indica)and Prasanna (Verna) were in front. I will not blame them at all as they were on their hot laps as well. Infact they tried their best to let me pass but there was nowhere else they could go. Problem was I tried slowing down to build up a gap before starting the next lap but ultimately caught up with them at the bridge complex again. Nitrous was on a fast one behind me so I could not slow down beyond a point as I would have been in his way. By the time I built up a gap to start a fresh lap the session was over. No mods planned for the next track day. That is gonna take a while. Gonna get the mechanicals sorted from scratch and upgrade to better tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@ Vijay, you were having revving issues ? Got it checked out or what ?
I had to move you car so that someone can take their car out of the pits, it sounded a bit harsh. I thought it was because of the heat.
Nope, contrary to belief the car had no heating problems. Infact the temp was a lot lower than the usual city driving temp. As far as my guess goes, its bad fuel. Have not had a chance to diagnose it completely. Would do so by this weekend. Till then car is gonna sleep. The misfiring was very evident on the way back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
The Ikon did very well during the first stint and should have easily taken on Nikil's city timings as the A-Drives aren't that bad either, passed me once between c3 and C4 and looked stiched to the track, not sure who was driving as a whole lot of people had a chance to belt it. tried to do similair lines for a couple of turns and had to back off cursing the EPS, the soft suspension and the spongy brakes on my swift.Looked awesome too, and a nxt front bumper would do wonders lookwise. .
Should have been me or bro, as most others who drove my car were first timers and were taking it easy (attribute it to the infamous Ikon brakes). Running ES100s not A drives. The tires are good but they are not track tires. Once they heat up they start fading. Good but nowhere close to the Neovas. NXT front bumpers - your wish is my command , pretty soon

This track day was a serious disappointment for me. Did not feel like driving the car after the initial 5 laps when I realized it was not 100%. Did the transponder run just for fun's sake.

Can't wait for the next track day.
Old 11th March 2010, 02:08   #470
BHPian

Was an extremely rewarding track day personally for me.

I did my first track day in a Palio 1.6 Sports (Red) with my dad as Shotgun 1.5 years back.

After doing some 3 laps my dad had enough, so spent time with mclrn1885 for a couple of laps and then called it quits. A short track day but gave me a lot of perspective.

This TIME:
Thanks to my good friend Hari (Megazoid), his persistance paid off and I decided to do the impossilbe, Drive from Bangalore to Chennai and return back the same day without visiting my place in Chennai.

Picked up Brraj early and we were the 2nd car to reach Electronics city. No prices for guessing the 1st car (Hari - Megazoid..ofcourse )

The drive from Bangalore to Chennai was eventful with some narrow misses, some ease off driving coupled with some quick runs. The gush of harmones helped me to stay awake inspite of not sleeping the entire night.

On the Track:
Had a fun time in the track, should have done some 20+ laps.
The feeling was getting better and better.

The stock suspension with a soft rear was begining to show but it is a brilliant car no doubt (I guess Narain should not have been so harsh with the Cedia)

The stock Bridgestone tyres are very good at squelling with high decibels, gripping is NOT this tyre's forte.

Sid, Hari and I were in two minds to take the transponder or head back so that we can reach Bangy by 9.30ish, we decided to be good boys and head back home.

Thanks to all the BANGY boys, we had a great time!!
Thanks to the Chennai folks for hosting us!

Please let us know on the next track day, we would be glad to join.

PS: If anyone has pictures of the Cedia (by any chance, please do post them or PM me the link. I would like to have a look)
Old 11th March 2010, 03:36   #471
BHPian

Acknowledgements:

Nikhil:
Those Advan's are amazing tyres, changed my impression about the NHC vTec (Christened as DUCK), Every time you threw the car in those corners I thought it is going to loose it, but it just kept on gripping. Be assured that you will be find me at your shop in a short time. Awesome drive for a first timer.

Krish:
That Getz CRDI can fly, Awesome driving. I hope we continue to bump into each other.

Manek:
Thanks for taking me around on your 800. The way the took the big fish(es) out was fabulous. I hope to see you in an Esteem soon.

Brraj:
My first short gun this time. Thanks for being the brave soul. I am sure a Skoda is going to be a part of your list soon.

Elantra dude (Sri):
Someone who manages to take a smoke break, drive a consistent 16- + easily and leads our way. I think the Elantra wave is hard to leave behind. This one keeps haunting. Brilliant spirited ..consistent drive

SID:
It was super fun, everytime I see the vRS it is a charm.
Awesome driving bro!

Last but NEVER the least Hari (Megazoid):
Its been a brilliant journey that we have been on for years.
I now see the fruits.
The appreciation and acknowledgements floating around you speak for themselves.
Thanks for keeping my Spirit Alive!

Last edited by raajks : 11th March 2010 at 03:38.
Old 11th March 2010, 07:34   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Completely agree with the statement nikhil and note that he is a rally guy driving on track for first time.

My observation after riding shotgun with him...
- doesn't take car smoothly on corners.
- Always enters panic situation.
- But one thing i have to appreciate is he has CONTROL over the car as what ever panic situation he enters can come out of it.

All is excused as he is a newbie.

This guy has talent with those crappy tyres he was able to keep up with those rally esteems which did 2.09 min wonder what would he had done if he had advan neovas.

I think Nikhil was running on Advan neovas. I did see them on his car .
Motive was to have fun and I think he totally did !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Thanks, Gilead! The bigger one is mine and the little one aargee's.

BTW which Bangy boy was driving that red Matiz? It sounds really nice in the video! Another nice exhaust is that blue car (Fiesta?). Is that the one with the Titanium end can?
The red Matiz did not belong to the any team-bhpian !And yes it had an amazing exhaust note.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:52   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Nikhil:
Those Advan's are amazing tyres, changed my impression about the NHC vTec (Christened as DUCK), Every time you threw the car in those corners I thought it is going to loose it, but it just kept on gripping. Be assured that you will be find me at your shop in a short time. Awesome drive for a first timer.
Thank you for your kind words. It was while you were in the car with me that I truly felt as one with the car. If you remember, we did a couple of 2:23s with you timing me. And you were a very good shotgun rider Proper amount of encouragement at the perfect points which helped me improve my lines
Old 11th March 2010, 10:25   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I think Nikhil was running on Advan neovas. I did see them on his car .
Motive was to have fun and I think he totally did !
I am talking about Megazoid, by the way like the way you have maintained your jeep.

Last edited by brraj : 11th March 2010 at 10:27.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:31   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Sid, Hari and I were in two minds to take the transponder or head back so that we can reach Bangy by 9.30ish, we decided to be good boys and head back home.

Thanks to all the BANGY boys, we had a great time!!
Thanks to the Chennai folks for hosting us!

Please let us know on the next track day, we would be glad to join.

PS: If anyone has pictures of the Cedia (by any chance, please do post them or PM me the link. I would like to have a look)
Hey Raaj,

Yes. Next time we take the transponders and drive clean and neat. I found your cedia changing directions quite well and you were a clean driver. I personally love the looks of the cedia. I call it the old school looks. Would love it if someone could post some snaps of the cedia doing the rounds.

I guess we are due for an update from sid about the vRS.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:38   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I am talking about Megazoid, by the way like the way you have maintained your jeep.
Thanks a lot raj !I take care of it like my baby.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:44   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Vikram sir, you mean to say even when we are hitting the redline in every gear in extreme (well not that extreme) heat engine will perform normally ?

Most cars are bone stock, still ?

I kinda expect my car to misfire, its old and as you said it will have some cooling or fueling issue.

Sorry for the noob question. You know more about this than many folks here.
My first track day was not fun, it had a surprise for me.. My engine started heating up after 5 laps, coolant spilled over & I had no more runs. So I asked this question to the experts, it seems a stock car with a proper cooling system when redlined in each gear should not heat up irrespective of the track temperature..

I obviously had a problem, I am gonna soon get this rectified & would like to test the vehicle again on the track.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 11th March 2010 at 11:47. Reason: k
Old 11th March 2010, 14:12   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I obviously had a problem, I am gonna soon get this rectified & would like to test the vehicle again on the track.
Do post snaps and/or videos of your test session.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:46   #479

track pics..

Hi all !!

It was nice to witness the cars rocketing down the track.
Attached Thumbnails
MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-image0526.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-image0534.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-image0532.jpg  

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-image0539.jpg  

Old 11th March 2010, 15:51   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
The stock suspension with a soft rear was begining to show but it is a brilliant car no doubt (I guess Narain should not have been so harsh with the Cedia)

The stock Bridgestone tyres are very good at squelling with high decibels, gripping is NOT this tyre's forte.
Your Cedia looked great on track. I followed it for about half a lap before pulling into the pits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Thank you for your kind words. It was while you were in the car with me that I truly felt as one with the car. If you remember, we did a couple of 2:23s with you timing me. And you were a very good shotgun rider Proper amount of encouragement at the perfect points which helped me improve my lines
Bring the Civic next time. Should be even more fun. Which tires did it come with? Michelin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
That's too bad. So are those weird fumes gone completely?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks