Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 17:41   #451
BHPian

@yzfrj: dude sweet pics!!! love the orvm pic!! brilliant!!
Old 10th March 2010, 17:48   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
You know what, I'm not talking to you anymore. You 2:41 1.6 ford ikon man.
Boss I did not get a clear run having 2 cars right in front of me with the transponder on. The only lap where I had some breathing space I managed a 2:29 having lost a chunky bit of time before the bridge complex and again at the entry to the main straight as 2 cars were slowing down in front of me. Was driving a car that was not doing beyond 5000 rpm and struggling to get to 125 (was doing 145- 150 during the last track day) down the back straight. Had a problem and was running a car that was misfiring all the way. Infact I had to ask Nitrous to follow me all the way back home as I was scared things could get more complicated. Started the car this morning and it sound like an auto rickshaw. So you can discount my timing this time. You wanna see the 1.6 set a time. Be my guest at the next track day.

Last edited by petrol_head : 10th March 2010 at 17:52.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:12   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol_head
The only lap where I had some breathing space I managed a 2:29 having lost a chunky bit of time before the bridge complex and again at the entry to the main straight as 2 cars were slowing down in front of me.
Oh yeah, I remember that lap.
I was doing my final timed lap when I notice a 3 car convoy at the bridge complex.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:45   #454
BHPian

@Hari (ElantraGT)

Thanks a lot buddy. I love the pics. To see my ride in action on one of my favorite corners.
I'm PM'g my mail id, can you please mail me the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Boss I did not get a clear run having 2 cars right in front of me with the transponder on. The only lap where I had some breathing space I managed a 2:29 having lost a chunky bit of time before the bridge complex
Why so serious ?

Quote:
2 cars were slowing down in front of me.
Run over the 2 cars, no ?

Quote:
Was driving a car that was not doing beyond 5000 rpm and struggling to get to 125 (was doing 145- 150 during the last track day) down the back straight. Had a problem and was running a car that was misfiring all the way.
So, assuming all's well what would be the "projected" laptime ?

Quote:
Started the car this morning and it sound like an auto rickshaw.
Performing like one too ?

Quote:
You wanna see the 1.6 set a time. Be my guest at the next track day.
You just pray that I'll not be able upgrade my ride by then.
I've got nothing against the Ikon 1.6 (evil laugh, again...!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@yzfrj: dude sweet pics!!! love the orvm pic!! brilliant!!
Thanks man.

Last edited by yzfrj : 10th March 2010 at 18:51.
Old 10th March 2010, 19:36   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gansan kid, Gansan, Karthik (Xbhp chap), Hari
Gansan sir was kind enough to give us all some much needed food.
Actually look like he bought a supermarket worth of stuff for all the chaps.
Attachment 304604
Thanks a lot for that photo! Junior was a bit vexed that we did not figure in any of the photos and now you have made his day!

I only brought stuff like some bread, marmalade, milk bikis, lays chips, and a few bars of perk - just in case someone landed up famished at the track after a long drive from Bangy without time for lunch. In reality except the Xbhp guy Karthik nobody took any of it and sonny had a field day with the perk and chips! And I had to eat toast for breakfast for the next couple of days!

Last edited by Gansan : 10th March 2010 at 19:55.
Old 10th March 2010, 19:38   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

Your car exhaust can be heard in the video that was shot from inside the Palio. Maybe you missed it.
Does anyone have any more videos? arjunrudra, you got any?
Yes I saw that one and its excellent !! but I am hoping there is something from outside, so that I can hear it on the main start-up grid straight

Quote:
Please don't apologize buddy. We are all on the same boat here.
We are learning our lines and trying to push one step at a time.
Most of us had a blast, so that's all it matters.
thanks man and yeah thats all that matters the fact that we had a blast :-)

Update on my santro's condition - it was misfiring a lot in lower revs (across all gears), especially on the way back. Also the broken cold air intake inlet pipe was very concerning throughout the track day. So once I got back, I left it to cool at the hyundai service center for 2 days. They changed all 4 spark plugs, cleaned the K&N CAI and neatly taped the air inlet pipe together. The car is now performing really great - I wonder if I could have done better on the track if the car was performing like it is now

Last edited by jassi : 10th March 2010 at 19:39.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:13   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
its my santo but not really silver - here is a pic posted on last page - let me know if you mean this santro

yeah i think thats me guys dunno if there are any pics though or maybe a video where I can hear how my exhaust headers sound from outside
Yes its yours...I still think its silver colour . Yours is the only santro we have seen on the track and its quite fast.

I shot this poor quality video with my mobile from the 3rd floor watch tower. I can hear your santro's exhaust near the end of this video.Its sweet.Try to pump up the volume very loud to hear this.

Old 10th March 2010, 20:19   #458
BHPian

@rock18: sweet video!!
@jassi: your santro sounds brilliant dude!
Old 10th March 2010, 20:22   #459
BHPian

Quote:
I managed a 2:29 having lost a chunky bit of time before the bridge complex and again at the entry to the main straight as 2 cars were slowing down in front of me.
Hope it wasn't mine.

Quote:
You wanna see the 1.6 set a time. Be my guest at the next track day.
Don't worry mach... with all mods planned, I am sure your baby's gonna rock!!! Did you narrow down to the actual root cause of the revving issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Update on my santro's condition - it was misfiring a lot in lower revs (across all gears), especially on the way back. Also the broken cold air intake inlet pipe was very concerning throughout the track day. So once I got back, I left it to cool at the hyundai service center for 2 days. They changed all 4 spark plugs, cleaned the K&N CAI and neatly taped the air inlet pipe together. The car is now performing really great - I wonder if I could have done better on the track if the car was performing like it is now
Buddy Jassi... Like everyone's been saying, your santro sounds lovely man. Where did you get it done? what end-can was that?
Old 10th March 2010, 20:39   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Don't worry mach... with all mods planned, I am sure your baby's gonna rock!!! Did you narrow down to the actual root cause of the revving issue?
Who's side are you anyway ?
Mine ? or Donkey's ?

@ Vijay, you were having revving issues ? Got it checked out or what ?
I had to move you car so that someone can take their car out of the pits, it sounded a bit harsh. I thought it was because of the heat.

EDIT: My car was misfiring after the first 2 set of "hot" laps. I was really worried I'd have to call it a day. As the temperature went down it was perfect. Just imagine it was 43C inside the car with windows rolled down. We really need to get this done during cooler times

Last edited by yzfrj : 10th March 2010 at 20:44.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:43   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Yes its yours...I still think its silver colour . Yours is the only santro we have seen on the track and its quite fast.

I shot this poor quality video with my mobile from the 3rd floor watch tower. I can hear your santro's exhaust near the end of this video.Its sweet.Try to pump up the volume very loud to hear this.
awesome - thanks for the video man - finally I can kinda hear what everyone was hearing as for the color its called real earth, but you can call it whatever since you got me the nice video on the straight hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@jassi: your santro sounds brilliant dude!
thanks dude - I was hoping to see some video from outside of your jag revving on the straight!! the v8 must sound amazing ! unfortunately in this vid, I can't hear it :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Buddy Jassi... Like everyone's been saying, your santro sounds lovely man. Where did you get it done? what end-can was that?
thanks buddy!! the end can is not branded, but yes the headers were done by raj hingorani (via shabbir). Now with the CAI fixed the car performs (and sounds) much better, can't wait to see what I can do on next track day

Last edited by jassi : 10th March 2010 at 21:00.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:43   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Who's side are you anyway ?
Mine ? or Donkey's ?
I am on the cars' side... hurts to see any car not performing to its true potential!
Old 10th March 2010, 20:44   #463
BHPian

Guys here are two more videos:
Listen to the roar these esteems make...

Old 10th March 2010, 20:47   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Boss I did not get a clear run having 2 cars right in front of me with the transponder on. The only lap where I had some breathing space I managed a 2:29 having lost a chunky bit of time before the bridge complex and again at the entry to the main straight as 2 cars were slowing down in front of me. Was driving a car that was not doing beyond 5000 rpm and struggling to get to 125 (was doing 145- 150 during the last track day) down the back straight. Had a problem and was running a car that was misfiring all the way. Infact I had to ask Nitrous to follow me all the way back home as I was scared things could get more complicated. Started the car this morning and it sound like an auto rickshaw. So you can discount my timing this time. You wanna see the 1.6 set a time. Be my guest at the next track day.
The Ikon did very well during the first stint and should have easily taken on Nikil's city timings as the A-Drives aren't that bad either, passed me once between c3 and C4 and looked stiched to the track, not sure who was driving as a whole lot of people had a chance to belt it. tried to do similair lines for a couple of turns and had to back off cursing the EPS, the soft suspension and the spongy brakes on my swift.Looked awesome too, and a nxt front bumper would do wonders lookwise.

@yzfrj : thanks for the pics mate.

Last edited by 2theMax : 10th March 2010 at 20:49.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:08   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post

i remember this run though, jazz overtook me, cos I messed up a gear (went to 2nd) at the last corner and I was trying to get back. I hit 120+ in 3rd gear, but with the AC on (freaking hot) had no grunt left, so went to 4th, but by then it was too late and the straight had ended, so down-shifted to 3rd again and backed off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks