Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 09:10   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
The white swift with white alloys I think belongs to slipstream . it was a diesel right ?
Yeah, i (we?) wanted know about the White Swift ddis with wheel caps and stock tires
Old 8th March 2010, 09:18   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Yeah, i (we?) wanted know about the White Swift ddis with wheel caps and stock tires
Jai [Slipstream] does not have stock tires AFAIK
Old 8th March 2010, 09:29   #288
BHPian

it was a amazing meet and drive yesterday! it was nice meeting a few bhpians arjunrudra,vibhu_f430,bivin,gansan,nitrous.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:30   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
5.Silver color santro: Another surprise...nice exhaust note and quick.
its my santo but not really silver - here is a pic posted on last page - let me know if you mean this santro

MMST Pay & Practice - 2012-dscn3705_2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Whosever it is, that exhaust is still sounding in my ears, really amazing sound.
yeah i think thats me guys dunno if there are any pics though or maybe a video where I can hear how my exhaust headers sound from outside

Last edited by jassi : 8th March 2010 at 09:41.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
yeah i think thats me guys dunno if there are any pics though or maybe a video where I can hear how my exhaust headers sound from outside
Jassi your santro really sounded sexy.

I think i have a video of it . will upload it soon.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:13   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Any idea who was driving a white Swift on the track?
He was not a BHPian. He wanted a helmet for his wife (I think) and I gave him mine. Later he kindly took me for a spin on the track in his Swift. To my untrained eyes he seemed to drive very well and the way he took the corners was amazing - I could still hear the tyres scream! I became nervous after a couple of laps and told him to drop me me back! I even shot a video of one full lap and will post it after converting it from .3gp.

Too bad I forgot his name in all the excitement! I think he left abruptly because he blew a tyre.

aargee's sweet little boy jelled very well with my son and both had a very good time. But both got bored after a while and wanted to go home, so we had to leave much earlier than expected.

Last edited by Gansan : 8th March 2010 at 10:17.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:24   #292
Senior - BHPian

My old lady was shown up really fast. She started overheating in 3 laps, so had to take it slow with long breaks in between. Next time will be better prepared.

My kids had a wonderful time when they went on track with me after all the cars had retired. Thanks to Farhan for that.

Quote:
The white swift with white alloys I think belongs to slipstream . it was a diesel right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Jai [Slipstream] does not have stock tires AFAIK

No, slipstream did not drive on the track, so it must be someone else's car.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:27   #293
Senior - BHPian

awesome day

did around 18-20 laps, had to stop because my tyre were not holding up well, don't what happened but in lap few laps there was no grip whatsoever, i guess because of heat, did 2.27 as timed by bottle. coudn't go with transponders because of the tyres :(

have a in-car video, will post it today on youtube. sat in Nikhils city and those advans have crazy level of grip, he was at least 20% faster in corner, every corner i was thinking hes entering too fast but the tyres held up without much squel. car was a complete boat but tyres were awesome. did a 360* spin in his car, another first on track .

Last edited by Rahulkool : 8th March 2010 at 11:30.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:54   #294
BHPian

Real respect to you bangy guys for driving home after that. I reached home at 7 pm, hit the sack immediately and woke up at 6 am.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:32   #295
BHPian

guys what are those straps over the headlights and rear lights ?
Old 8th March 2010, 12:41   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Just sticking tape - to prevent glass shards from falling on track in case they break.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:45   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Real respect to you bangy guys for driving home after that. I reached home at 7 pm, hit the sack immediately and woke up at 6 am.
Yeah I reached home at 1045ish - i took breaks of 10 mins or so at every toll naka as it was getting tiring. I hear the other bangy boys drove non-stop and reached home by 930ish (as mentioned by krishé)
I also got bogged down by the trucks drag racing on the highway at 5kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
we had to tape our lights as a safety precaution - incase of a crash - the lights don't fall off and ruin the track for other cars

Quote:
Jassi your santro really sounded sexy.

I think i have a video of it . will upload it soon.
awesome - great will wait for it
Old 8th March 2010, 12:56   #298
BHPian

As a first timer, true experience of a life time.

Glad to meet Headers, Arka, Ranjit, Prasanna, Hari, 1 more Hari, Pravin, Bottle, Gansan, Nikhil, John, Manu, yzfrj,venom, propeller for the first time. Did not get to meet up with Aargee, Rahulkool, Arjun and others.

Farhan gave a very good briefing for the first timers. He detailed each and every curve and how to handle them. To do 3-4 laps slowly until we are comfortable with the track. What to do in case of getting stuck up in the track and things to avoid in the track etc.

By the time i managed to get the tapes stuck and was ready most of the cars were on the track already. So i started doing it alone initially. If a NHC Gold color was doing some crazy runs that would be me though i ensured i did not obstruct anyone and let everyone behind me to pass.

For the second run, i was looking for the help of a experienced person and Headers kindly came forward and and took me through each and every turn. We did the 3-4 laps in 1-3 gear and with a decent speed and i was immediately able to feel the difference when i did the laps alone and with Headers. Tyres squealing noise was very less and the curves were very comfortable. He took me through Entry, Apex, Exit and answered many of my silly questions. Thank You so much Headers.

Third run was with Nitrous in his mistress, what a drive it was. He handled the car and turns with such grace and elegance. He was able to brief while he was driving at such speed. Nitrous covered the racing lines, Entry, Apex and Exit points, he said to watch the car moving at every turn and i felt the car maintain a stright line touching the racing lines. A class driver with a good co-ordination. Thanks Nitrous for the experience.

Fourth Run was with Baghya. Another kind and brave hearted soul who came with me. Baghya is very experienced with the track and directed when to brake, accelerate, keep left, keep right and touching the racing lines perfectly. You should have driven the car in the track bakya.
One of the turns bakya was shouting 'brake' through his helmet, by the time i realised and reacted, it was late and i felt the rear wheels pulling in a different direction and we did a 360 degree turn running over the bushes with all the leaves and dust coming in. For a moment i thought the car was going to topple and was really scared for myself and for Bakya whom i called to help me. I apologized to Bakya but he was really cool. We then completed the lap and it took sometime for me to get back in mind. He immediately went with another person as navigator. Thanks Bakya.

Fifth run was by myself. I struggled again in the same place once where we did a 360 degree, but was able to do the next set of laps comfortably.

Sixth run was with the transponder. I did three laps and the best was 2:44.55, they said it was a good timing for a first timer and i felt really happy.

Some observations which i had:
1. The matiz was literally on 3 wheels in the curves.
2. the Red Palio was amazing, did neat turns.
3. Nikhil was racing through all the while. I saw him doing 360-degree's thrice and in spite of that he was able to maintain the timings. Great tyres there, Nikhil.
4. Manek was amazing in his 800
5. The mod esteems that were zipping through scared me a lot, because of their speed and my inexperience on the track. Their noise levels were very high as well.
6. Jassi's santro was very good and the exhaust was awesome.

Overall it was an amazingexperience, met a lots of fellow bhp-ans and an eventful day without any unfortunate events to anyone. Thank God.

I have taken some pics, will post them later from home.

ps: sorry for the long post.

Last edited by ikoneer : 8th March 2010 at 12:58.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:09   #299
BHPian

i was following the red matiz for a lap, it was a 3 wheeler for most of the lap. that was some serious driving.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:15   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
As a first timer, true experience of a life time.
the feeling is mutual - my first time too and yes I did see you flying around in the gold NHC

Quote:
6. Jassi's santro was very good and the exhaust was awesome.
thanks, the headers were done by raj hingorani (via shabbir) so maybe thats the reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
i was following the red matiz for a lap, it was a 3 wheeler for most of the lap. that was some serious driving.
I agree - I was struggling to keep up with this 3 wheeling maniac for a lap or two - just couldn't! it went really fast on 3 wheels on those long right handers - I could do only 80ish there

Last edited by jassi : 8th March 2010 at 13:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks