Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 15:08   #196
BHPian

Here's a perspective on Fastest - 0 - 200mph. (3 out of 6 are tuned, the Lambo doesn't look like the new LP640, only 2 stock cars)

Old 12th December 2007, 15:39   #197
BHPian

this one is called the caparo...top speed 205mph.
575 bhp , 0-60 in 2.5 sec....
sadly ,i hear the thing can barely make a u turn.

oh...and made by the same buggers who made the mclaren F1.
Old 13th December 2007, 10:31   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate View Post
this one is called the caparo...top speed 205mph.
575 bhp , 0-60 in 2.5 sec....
sadly ,i hear the thing can barely make a u turn.

oh...and made by the same buggers who made the mclaren F1.
Yes,the Caparo T1 is made by the designers and engineers involved with the development of the McLaren F1. It is a track day car, even though its gonna be road legal when it goes into production. Something like a Westfield XTR8. No one is gonna take it to the road. Just look at it. It looks like a prototype LeMans racer. However, its gonna make mince meat of every other car on the track, considering the fact it does 3Gs under lateral accelaration and braking during the skid pad tests.

I don't know if it can make a u-turn but it is quite possible it'll be difficult because it would be fitted with a racing steering rack.

Many reliability issues to be sorted out though, before it is slated for production.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:09   #199
BHPian

The World's Fastest Car - Ultimate Aero

The World's Fastest Car

BusinessWeek.com takes the $600,000 SSC Ultimate Aero, the world's fastest car, for an exclusive spin in the Nevada desert
by Stuart Schwartzapfel

On Sept. 13, 2007, the Shelby SuperCars' Ultimate Aero became the fastest production car in the world. The event took place on a temporarily closed, two-lane stretch of public highway in Washington State. In accordance with Guinness World Records' strict policies, the car had to drive down the highway, turn around, and make a second pass in the opposite direction within one hour.

The Ultimate Aero posted 257.41 mph on the first pass and 254.88 mph on the second for an average of 256.18 mph. Official data were collected via a GPS tracking system from Austrian data acquisition company Dewetron. Guinness World Records later verified data for an official top-speed announcement on Oct. 9, 2007. At that speed the Ultimate Aero broke the official record held by the Koenigsegg CCR (242 mph) and the unofficial record (253 mph) held by Volkswagen's (VLKAY) $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron (BusinessWeek, 9/17/07).

And the car could go even faster. NASA's wind tunnel testing facility in Langley, Va., found the Ultimate Aero to be aerodynamically stable at speeds up to 273 mph. It just ran out of road. "If there was additional straight pavement on which to accelerate, the top speed would have been considerably higher, so if anyone challenges our record there is tons left on the table," says Chuck Bigelow, the brave soul who piloted the Ultimate Aero on its record-breaking run.

Changing Gears, Chasing a Dream
Achieving the record wasn't just a matter of bragging rights, though. For company founder Jerod Shelby it was a business decision. From early on Shelby, who started the West Richland (Wash.) company in 2000, decided that he had to break the production car top-speed record in order to establish credibility for his infant company. "No one is going to buy a $600,000 car they never heard of," he says.

As Junus Khan, his director of marketing, adds: "Being a brand-new player, it was important to do something extraordinary in order to gain credibility and to be taken seriously. Our main goal wasn't just to break the speed record, it was to become a well-known, respected manufacturer of world-class exotics."

Before he was able to realize his dream, Shelby, 39, a former go-kart champ and an engineer by trade, spent 13 years developing patents for medical-device company Advance Imaging Technology in nearby Richland, Wash. One of his patents is for a radiation-free medical device that uses sound waves to scan for breast cancer.

After more than a decade developing breakthrough medical technology, Shelby—who is no relation to legendary auto designer Carroll Shelby—realized that his financial success would afford him the opportunity to pursue his lifelong automotive ambitions. "I always thought it would be great if I could design my own car. So about nine years ago, while eating at an Italian restaurant, I did my first napkin drawing. Amazingly, the final product looks very similar to our early sketches."

Hot Wheels
The final product stood waiting for me on a sunny afternoon in mid-December at a 13-mile loop in the Nevada desert (watch the video). I had previously driven the Veyron, and SSC wanted to get my feedback on the Ultimate Aero. So I went out to Las Vegas to meet Shelby, Khan, and the stakeholders in SSC's first and, so far, only dealership. The guest of honor, a sultry red and black Ultimate Aero, is No. 7 of the 50 Shelby plans to build and is the only customer-ready example that currently exists in the U.S.

The Bugatti and Ultimate Aero are very similar when you look at some of the key performance and hardware statistics. They both contained expensive, lightweight materials such as aluminum and carbon fiber; a mid-mounted engine aided by the use of turbochargers (two for SSC and four for Bugatti); 1000-plus horsepower; 0 to 60 mph times under three seconds; and a top speed above 250 mph. This is where the similarities end and differing characteristics start to become more apparent.
Old 28th January 2008, 23:15   #200
BHPian

Wasn't there already a thread on this car couple of months back along with a million pages of discussion? The mods should check it out and merge it with that one.
Old 13th February 2008, 23:50   #201
BHPian

i am totally confused as to which is the fastest production road legal car in the world. even the websites are confused, some crown the veyron while in some places the honour belongs to the ssc.
Old 14th February 2008, 17:13   #202
BHPian

World's Fastest

At present the holder of the fastest street legal car in production is the SSC Aero. Built by Shelby Supercars, the Aero is loaded with 1183bhp and 1094lb-ft torque. In the world record breaking run it reached 257.41mph one way and 254.88mph the other averaging at 256.18, this was verified by Guinness World Records on October 9, 2007.
Old 15th February 2008, 07:51   #203
BHPian

hehe, not that it matters, but SSC is located behind my childhood home in West-Richland, WA. A friend of mine did the photography of their cars for their website and other marketing. I have had the pleasure of seeing their cars and facilities.

While I admire the fact that they broke the speed record, they have a lot of catching up to do in terms of fit/finish, ergonomics, interior designs etc. etc.

On a side note one of the guys that works there or is somehow involved in the company (lives in my current neighborhood) owned a modified supra that he claimed was the fastest Supra in the world... (though now I highly doubt that since there is a post here about the worlds faster supra on ebay lol)
Old 29th February 2008, 17:52   #204
Senior - BHPian

The New Worlds Fastest Production car

Apparently a 1300 cc engine with 800 bhp topping in at 550 KMPH.
I know its hard to belive. find below the link for the same. acabion.com
cheers.

p.s : i think this is the jetsons cars
Old 29th February 2008, 19:52   #205

Wow nice stuff you got there. I wonder where they will be thinking of running these machines hope not on Indian roads in the near future.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:34   #206
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Man one thing about that picture..If THAT really did happen there would be alot more injuries around. People below and cars falling from the sky?LOL! damn that would hurt.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:02   #207
BHPian

looks like a space craft straight out of a sci-fi movie.

@ ac 427 - seriously reminds me of the jetsons
Old 29th February 2008, 22:06   #208
Senior - BHPian

Now what in the world's name is that?
0-500km/h in under 30sec?
Old 3rd March 2008, 03:28   #209
BHPian

WORLD'S FASTEST STREET CAR = 0 - 100 in 1.25 secs

Check this out.. the fastest street car, that does 0 - 100 in 1.25 secs

The world’s fastest street carÂ*-Â*Car News | MSN Cars UK

B. Veyron 16.4 = 2.5secs
SSC Aero Ultimate (fastest car in the world till date) = 2.8secs

Cheers

P.S. Any Competition??????

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 3rd March 2008 at 03:31.
Old 3rd March 2008, 04:31   #210
Senior - BHPian

That's barely a street car. It wont do 1.25 seconds without a huge shot of nitrous or leaded race gas (as the article itself implies) so this is all quite moot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks