Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 06:45   #211
BHPian

and where does it say that it needs race gas ???
kindly read properly !
its not moot at all.American muscle in the hands of smart brits is between than in their own hands hehehe.
it runs on normal unleaded buddy.!!
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:01   #212
HPP
BHPian

I would have to agree, this car runs on race gas, it just has to be able to run on normal gas to qualify for this event/competition.

"That’s because every car has to run at some point on standard unleaded petrol,"

Key words "at some point".

But I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds of street legal cars in the U.S.(and any other country) that are faster than this car. This event only highlights the guys who have enough time, or actually care enough about the bragging rights..

There are plenty of 2000+ HP street legal cars that would blow these times away. They just do not care to go prove it at this event.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:56   #213
Senior - BHPian

Well i have posted this earlier too but here goes again

0 to 60 mph in 1 second :: 9.3 V8, 2,200 HP:: Street Legal! Check the video below:
http://clipsw-t-f.com/flvplayer2.swf...m/4681/player/

remove the "-" between w-t-f
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:02   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
But I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds of street legal cars in the U.S.(and any other country) that are faster than this car. This event only highlights the guys who have enough time, or actually care enough about the bragging rights..

There are plenty of 2000+ HP street legal cars that would blow these times away. They just do not care to go prove it at this event.
What are you talking about? You know of plenty of cars which can blow away a 0-100kmph in 1.25 seconds timing? Aha!! Care to share some details for the others on this board mate?
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:12   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I would have to agree, this car runs on race gas, it just has to be able to run on normal gas to qualify for this event/competition.

"That’s because every car has to run at some point on standard unleaded petrol,"

Key words "at some point".

u gotta be kidding..can u provide us some info or link to any such that you know of..0-100 in 1.25 can't be that common as u make it sound..
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:18   #216
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
What are you talking about? You know of plenty of cars which can blow away a 0-100kmph in 1.25 seconds timing? Aha!! Care to share some details for the others on this board mate?
Yes, go to any sanctioned drag strip in the U.S, UK, Australia etc, and you will find street legal cars that will best that car. I do this for a living(Turbo cars and HP), so I see a little more then the average person. While 8.2 @ 168 is impressive, it is not unheard of in the street legal class, and there are many others who are faster.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:30   #217
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
u gotta be kidding..can u provide us some info or link to any such that you know of..0-100 in 1.25 can't be that common as u make it sound..
I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Over here, people worry about 60 foot times, 300 foot times, 1/8 mile times, 1/4 miles times etc, and all the mph's associated with them. I know there is a calculator out there that converts these into 0 - 60 times, I'll try to find that calculator then show you some cars and their times from the drag strip.

I ran my times from my Eclipse GSX(571whp and 490wtq) through this calculator once, my daily driver has a 0 - 60 of something like 2.9 or so. If my daily car can do this, then a drag car which happens to be street legal should have no problems reaching these times.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:19   #218
Senior - BHPian

considering its just a 1.3 litre engine its fabulous. and bests its FUEL EFFICIENT. but fact is a perso who will be willing to pay around 1.3 million euro might not be worrying about F.E
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:36   #219
HPP
BHPian

OK, so it's not the same calculator I was looking for, but it will do I guess.

Wallace Racing -Calculate how fast your car goes 0 - 60 mph

I am not even getting into the huge V8's so many people run with gigantic turbos(and run over 2000hp). I am just choosing the Supra and the Viper(and they are only in the 1000 - 2000 hp club :P ).

Most the Viper guys, build these to drive on the street, and the strip. Some of the Supras are not street legal, but the guy I know of is Marko(Supra). Check his time out, punch it in the calculator, and see the time.

http://list.to4r.com/ (Supra's) (Look at the fourth guy "Marko") His 0 - 60 is 1.15 seconds.

Fast Dodge Vipers 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com (Vipers) The Heffner car(third one) has a 0 - 60 of .95 seconds.

Truly, these are just a tiny sample of insanely fast street legal cars in this world. These cars above are not even the fastest out there. While looking for the calculator, I found another insanely fast Vauxhall: Rhino Racing Fastest Street Legal 1/4 Mile Car That car is/was also claiming fastest, but it's not so.

I have no problem with the car in this thread, but the title is a bit misleading, thats all I was getting at.

But for your viewing pleaser, go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and punch in "Underground Racing Viper" , or "Heffner Viper" , or just "Supra" for that matter. There is plenty of evidence and pure viewing pleasure.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:02   #220
Senior - BHPian

The thread title should say World's fastest street car in straight line.

But everyone knows that car needs to turn as well. And this is where Veyron beats rest of 'em.

This car will surely beat Veyron in straight line but put it on a track in an actual race and Veyron will eat it alive.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:40   #221
Senior - BHPian

the most exciting thing that i find from all of this, is how wihtouth using some rocket science they have made this.
And also the technology can trickle down from this car to the other actual road going cars.

i think this is an engineering marvel.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:56   #222
BHPian

can we even call that a car??

only thing it needs is a jet engine and wings and its going to take off ..cmon !it looks like a small jet plane without wings..so i guess 550 kms no big deal.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd March 2008 at 16:02. Reason: Please use Edit if posting back to back posts
Rotorhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:27   #223
Senior - BHPian

See this link

The World's Fastest Car
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:56   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's Note: All "World's Fastest Production/Road/Street cars" merged . Please continue any further discussions on this topic here.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd March 2008 at 17:59.
Old 26th February 2014, 08:52   #225
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which is the Fastest car in the world?

THE FASTEST CAR !

435.5 km/hour !!

that is the top speed hit by Hennessey's Venom GT during a test run at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, US. it has become the World's Fastest Car , surpassing the 431 km/hour record set by the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Venom GT is a stretched Lotus Exige with a 7.0-litre, 927kW twin-turbo V8 wedged between its axles.

The record is impressive as test driver Brian Smith started from rest, broke the record and stopped on a 5.1-kilometre stretch of tarmac rather than using a high-speed oval to give the car a running start, Drive.com reported.

“If we could run on an 8-mile (12.8km) oval we could go faster than that,” Smith said.

However, Bugatti will retain its place in the Guinness book of records, the report said.

The independently verified Hennessey speed will not go into the book as the Venom could only be driven one way on the NASA landing strip.

The book requires cars to make runs in two directions to account for variables, including gradients and wind direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Which is the Fastest car in the world?-venom.jpg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 26th February 2014 at 08:53.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks