Senior - BHPian

@neonwheels: As far as I know, yes it is Bugatti Veyron
Old 16th November 2007, 10:58   #122
Senior - BHPian

What about CCX and SSC. Heard they were faster than Veyron
Old 16th November 2007, 11:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

I think it is the soon to be lanched TATA 1Lac Car

Actually I think it is the Bugatti Veyron - Koenigg CSX is still behind it. I googled it and found the Info.
Old 16th November 2007, 11:58   #124
Senior - BHPian

"The World's Fastest Production car, the Aero SSC on display for the first time since its official launch"

Search for its pix at TBHP!
Old 16th November 2007, 12:06   #125
Senior - BHPian

Reva is the fastest production car in the world.

Jokes apart it is the Buggati Veyron but some stupid americans think they can go faster by adding turbos and more of it and i think that stupidity is called the SSC.

As a car nothing beats the Buggati for its sheer brillance in engineering.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:15   #126
BHPian

But I think its tested and hited the 412kmph.the SSC I mean.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:22   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Reva is the fastest production car in the world.

Jokes apart it is the Buggati Veyron but some stupid americans think they can go faster by adding turbos and more of it and i think that stupidity is called the SSC.
As a car nothing beats the Buggati for its sheer brillance in engineering.
no to forget the 4 turbo 10 radiators.with 1/3 of these the americans beat it god damm american cars.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
no to forget the 4 turbo 10 radiators.with 1/3 of these the americans beat it god damm american cars.
Simply because at speeds over 350kmph, the American cars feel like they are going to break apart, whereas in the Buggati its dead stable till it reaches its top speed. The buggati will continue to do all those top speeds for 15-20 years whereas the SSC i seriously doubt it. The Veyron is more stable and the technology in the car is absolutely fantastic. Ask anyone what would he prefer a Veyron or a stupid SSC
Old 16th November 2007, 12:38   #129
BHPian

Even i prefer veyron any day dude any day.but as of now SSC has the record of fastest car.
but even they do know that they are not able to make a car like veyron thats why its 4lac$ cheaper than veyron
Old 16th November 2007, 12:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Payam - It might be the fastest but for how long? A new & faster Veyron is in the works at Buggati which will displace around 1200bhp and will just edge the SSC when it comes to top speed.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:46   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Simply because at speeds over 350kmph, the American cars feel like they are going to break apart, whereas in the Buggati its dead stable till it reaches its top speed. The buggati will continue to do all those top speeds for 15-20 years whereas the SSC i seriously doubt it. The Veyron is more stable and the technology in the car is absolutely fantastic. Ask anyone what would he prefer a Veyron or a stupid SSC
any proof to this.

many people think the american cars are low tech way out but will give you a example i know a person who races 8 sec monty carlo with a 434 block in bracket racing with some 15 compression no fi the block has just seen the light of day once agree theya re rarely taken out but he races them for say every two months or so.

also the 254 mph was done before to by the callaway sledge hammer in 1988.

and also btw the veyron isnt the fastest car by guiness it was the ccr and now its the ssc.

also the ssc set the world record with 70% throttle.

Last edited by pawan : 16th November 2007 at 12:47.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:53   #132
BHPian

Hey guys,

well i had posted a little bit on this topic in the top speeds section, but wel i'll do it again, if you read the link SSC Aero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

"It states, The car is the world's fastest production car at 256.15 mph (412.233 km/h), a speed reportedly achieved on September 13 2007 in West Richland, WA. The results of this test, verified by Guinness World Records on October 9 2007, gave the SSC Aero the world's fastest production car title.

The engine in the base Aero model is a supercharged 6.2-litre (378.4 cu.in.) V8 engine rated at 787 bhp (587 kW) @ 6600 rpm and 998 Nm (736 ft·lbf) torque @ 5800 rpm, while the Ultimate Aero has increased engine displacement and increased supercharger boost, resulting in 1,183 bhp (882 kW) @ 6950 rpm and 1113 Nm (821 ft·lbf) torque @ 6200 rpm.

Wind-tunnel testing indicates that the Ultimate Aero could possibly reach a top speed of 437 km/h (273 mph) given appropriate transmission gear ratios. [citation needed] The base Aero, however, should only reach around 386 km/h (240 mph).

Despite its world class performance, the Aero's fuel mileage is rated at (unusual for a supercar) 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway."

i've just posted what i felt is important form the link. Check it out

@ eestemer since you didn't mention wether you wanted to know about the fastest production car in the world or just fastest car in the world,

Jus to let ya know, the fastest 'Car' in the world is 'Thrust SSC' manufactured by the same company SSC that made the Aero and the Ultimate. Its top speed is about 1288km/h or 763 mph, rocket propelled engines of course . Still holds the land speed record till date.
here's the link
ThrustSSC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 16th November 2007, 12:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also the ssc set the world record with 70% throttle.
Thats what i wanna say, its just a case of putting a monstrous engine in a poor chassis & thats where american cars are terrible. It was 70% throttle plainly because if it was more then Guiness would have a record of the fastest car crash in the world. Any car can be fast when they are rarely driven by going high on compression but as a car which can be daily driven and still be strong you cant beat the europeans, the Mclaren F1 is the ultimate supercar for me.

Quote:
also the 254 mph was done before to by the callaway sledge hammer in 1988
Whats the big deal, i can mod a Veyron and go faster, its about production cars.

Anyways Americans are $#it at making cars, only two cars are good made by Americans, one is the Dodge Viper SRT10 and the other is the Corvette Z06 and their future models, else Americans are better at making cheese burgers.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:14   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thats what i wanna say, its just a case of putting a monstrous engine in a poor chassis & thats where american cars are terrible. It was 70% throttle plainly because if it was more then Guiness would have a record of the fastest car crash in the world. Any car can be fast when they are rarely driven by going high on compression but as a car which can be daily driven and still be strong you cant beat the europeans, the Mclaren F1 is the ultimate supercar for me.
as i said could you show me some proof to saying the cars like ssc shleby stang etc have weak chassis and as you would know they are heavy than your average cars.

also why do you like the viper and vette.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

check for aero's pix on Steeroid Dubai Auto show thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks