Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 16:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I second you on that. All the rest are simply pretenders to the throne.
Totally agree with you and Islero!!
Old 9th November 2005, 16:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure many find the Veyron a very pretty car, and frankly, I think it isn't too bad on the eyes either. The thing for me is, keeping the technical aspects aside, the Bugatti just doesn't seem to have that charm present. It may, perchance, be due to the fact that it had such a delayed production time, reflecting company problems, design flaws, etc. The car is definitely great, but is it that step above (which a true supercar shoud be)?

In fact, the Bugattis of the past, in particular the EB110 for me, had something about them which was breathtaking. If I were to see an EB110 and a Veyron, my jaw would hit the tarmac harder by seeing the former
Old 9th November 2005, 16:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
I'm sure many find the Veyron a very pretty car, and frankly, I think it isn't too bad on the eyes either. The thing for me is, keeping the technical aspects aside, the Bugatti just doesn't seem to have that charm present. It may, perchance, be due to the fact that it had such a delayed production time, reflecting company problems, design flaws, etc. The car is definitely great, but is it that step above (which a true supercar shoud be)?

In fact, the Bugattis of the past, in particular the EB110 for me, had something about them which was breathtaking. If I were to see an EB110 and a Veyron, my jaw would hit the tarmac harder by seeing the former

Just give them time to build a legend around it and then it will become either Passion or Precision Engineering or Raw Muscle Car, depending on the angle they give to it. Guess they've spent all their energy getting the monster on the road, now they need to start making it palatable for people.
Old 9th November 2005, 22:40   #19
BHPian

it is said that the fastest car is the corvette callaway sledgehammer that hit 415kph quite a few years ago.
the fastest production car ar present is the bugatti veyron. deliveries have started. you can see pics of it at www.exoticspotter.com

it hits 407 kph. it beat the Koenigsegg CCR.
Old 10th November 2005, 04:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

i think unofficially its the S7 TT, but it could be wrong the top speed seems to be 262mph which is freakin quick, but someone ought to buy it and prove it and please take it to the ring...

btw the fastest non production was either a camaro tuned which went 255.1mph i am not sure again..i just remembering reading..

btw where did you sit in the pagani and tell about your 275kmph experience i am all ears
Old 11th November 2005, 00:21   #21
BHPian

he just included pagani zondo coz he sat in it.... typically varun patra

Last edited by cheatingdeath : 11th November 2005 at 00:22.
Old 1st January 2006, 23:53   #22
BHPian

After watching JC driving it,you can think of nothing faster.
Old 2nd January 2006, 09:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra
I am really confused !!! I wanna know wchich is the Fastest car in the world rite now ? Is it the -

1. Koenigsegg CCR
2. Pagani Zonda ( lol!!! i sat in this car at 275 kph !!! )
3. Saleen S7
4. Bugatti Veyron
5. ????? ( Or is it something else ?)

P.s - I wanna know which is the Fastest car not the QUICKEST !

Note from Moderator: Please refrain from using more than two smilies in your posts
do you wanna know fastest PRODUCTION CAR or fastest car. . . ????? coz there are a LOT of FASTEST cars out therr if u know what i mean . . . .
Old 2nd January 2006, 09:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan

dude, the VEYRON is not a step ahead it is a GIANT LEAP forward in automobile engineering. probably this will be the ONLY 1000 bhp PRODUCTIOn car to ever hit the roads. DUDE the cost of producing the VEHICLE is 5 MILLION DOLLORS EACH, and they are selling it at a LOSS of almost more than MILLION dollars each.

this vehicle is made NOT to make VOLKSWAGEN a MORE profitable entity, or to make a statemetn, this vehicle is A STATEMENT. It is a A "CONCORD". this is a revolution of a vehicle. . . . ferraris, porsches, zondas, mustangs. . .. this vechile is not a step above it isa GENRE above anything every produced.
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
dude, the VEYRON is not a step ahead it is a GIANT LEAP forward in automobile engineering. probably this will be the ONLY 1000 bhp PRODUCTIOn car to ever hit the roads. DUDE the cost of producing the VEHICLE is 5 MILLION DOLLORS EACH, and they are selling it at a LOSS of almost more than MILLION dollars each.

this vehicle is made NOT to make VOLKSWAGEN a MORE profitable entity, or to make a statemetn, this vehicle is A STATEMENT. It is a A "CONCORD". this is a revolution of a vehicle. . . . ferraris, porsches, zondas, mustangs. . .. this vechile is not a step above it isa GENRE above anything every produced.
[/left]

Oh, I see youve seen that Topgear episode too......ho hum........

Anyway, I think the Veyron is brilliant, but not in the same way as my favourite Bugattis.

For me, the greatest Bugattis ever are the type 35 and the Type 57 Atlantic. There are almost no cars more beautiful than the Atlantic.....

And just imagine ferrari selling their 2006 formula one cars to customers for them to race. Sounds crazy? Thats what the Type 35 was. A racing car sold to customers, one in which a person could win almost any race (depending on the state of tune of your T35)
Old 2nd January 2006, 13:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Oh, I see youve seen that Topgear episode too......ho hum........

Anyway, I think the Veyron is brilliant, but not in the same way as my favourite Bugattis.

For me, the greatest Bugattis ever are the type 35 and the Type 57 Atlantic. There are almost no cars more beautiful than the Atlantic.....

And just imagine ferrari selling their 2006 formula one cars to customers for them to race. Sounds crazy? Thats what the Type 35 was. A racing car sold to customers, one in which a person could win almost any race (depending on the state of tune of your T35)

(sorry goin off topic) yups mate n was soooo lucky to catch the show, . .i was jus flippin through channesl n caught jc racing with hammond . . .brilliant it was. . .
Old 6th March 2006, 21:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Koenigsegg CCX Faster than Veyron

Finally there is going to be a Veyron beater.

Quote:
Despite all the regulatory changes, the CCX is still one of the world's fastest supercars. Back in early 2005, a CCR supercar had won the fastest production car title when it achieved 241 mph (387.87 kph) on at Italy's Nardo Track. However, with the introduction of the long awaited Veyron, Bugatti became the king of the hill and made the CCR second.

With the CCX debut slated for an upcoming debut at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show, we can only hope that Koenigsegg might get sweet revenge. Their supercar, engineered and constructed in Sweden, certainly has the hallmarks of modern design: a carbon fibre monocoque, a supercharged V8 located mid-ship and an inboard, double wishbone suspension
http://www.supercars.net/cars/3400.html
Old 6th March 2006, 21:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

I donno but just dont like any car being faster than my fav Veyron...Man that car has a class of its own, other cars struggle to get that soul!!!
Old 6th March 2006, 21:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

this is a nice car..i have seen a CCR for sale in chicago and it must have been sold, since i havent seen one since in the showroom window..
Old 7th March 2006, 07:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Cristian Von Koenigsegg rules!!!!!!!

Not that Thomas Bscher is not brilliant......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks