Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:35   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Looks like Sutil has retained his place at Force India. If this is true, then it makes Hulks job tougher to get a seat.
Sutil hints at signed Force India contract, Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/moto...EYkpM7riddk.99

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd November 2013 at 07:37.
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:09   #167
Senior - BHPian

Maldonaldo hints that PDVSA sponsorship may not be assured for next year. Seems like a desperate attempt from him to tell the world that he is being considered over Hulk for a seat based on his merit?

Quote:
Talking about PDVSA's involvement, Maldonado said it wasn't yet clear if it will continue to be involved in Formula One.

"They have been supporting me for a while but maybe they don't want to continue. They left Williams from [after] this race, and I don't know exactly if they want to continue … maybe not, maybe yes, we will see. I don't have the 100% that they want to continue, if they want to go for another team or not. That will be down to them.

"I've been so lucky that they've supported my career - not only Formula One because Formula One is a bit more easy as I won the junior series - but I've been so lucky that they supported me in the junior series to show my potential, to become GP2 champion, Formula Renault champion or whatever."

Asked if he was 100% sure if he'd be in Formula One even if PDVSA pulls out, Maldonado replied: "Yeah, for sure."
Last piece is probably the biggest joke of the century. I doubt if even Caterham would consider Maldonaldo without the sponsorship.

Given Maldonaldo's political influence back home, its unlikely that PDVSA would sponsor another team next year. They could pull out of F1 though if it is not giving them the anticipated returns.

Source:http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/136705.html
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:16   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Looks like Sutil has retained his place at Force India. If this is true, then it makes Hulks job tougher to get a seat.
Puzzling! I thought Hulk' height (and weight) is making it difficult for him to land a drive next year. Most drivers on the grid already look as thought they are starving. Saw a picture of Alonso in the gym and he looks like one of those Bollywood heroines. Sad!

But Sutil is also almost the same size as Hulk.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:44   #169
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more renders I found on twitter of the 2014 cars along with certain comparisons to current ones:
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 F1 Season-1.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-2.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-3.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-4.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-5.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-6.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-7.jpg  

The 2014 F1 Season-8.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2013, 12:24   #170
Senior - BHPian

Piola's version looks more bearable and he is usually spot on with his render, but I am afraid the 2014 cars might look close to the render that came on Autosport.

Last edited by anachronix : 22nd November 2013 at 12:35.
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:17   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Puzzling! I thought Hulk' height (and weight) is making it difficult for him to land a drive next year. Most drivers on the grid already look as thought they are starving. Saw a picture of Alonso in the gym and he looks like one of those Bollywood heroines. Sad!

But Sutil is also almost the same size as Hulk.
Sutil is highly rated by Mallya and he has said that in his recent quote. Which also fails to mention anything about PDR. So PDR is probably finding a drive in the US . Mallya might work out a shrewd deal with Hulk financially and close it.

It probably makes sense for the Hulk to go back to SFI instead of Sauber since they seem more close to the brink. Am rooting for Hulk in SFI. They need him ( he needs a drive too). Sutil chokes when someone is right behind him. He is another Heikki albeit a German one.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

With SFI driver announcement due only after Christmas, it helps Hulk to wait in case something comes up at the Lotus camp. I guess Maldonaldo would also need to wait at least a week or two.

From the rumors, Perez still has good relations in Sauber camp and could very well go back to a familiar environment instead of SFI. Based on most recent comments from Whitmarsh, it doesn't look like Telmex would be with McLaren for 2014 which should help Perez a bit.

I can't help notice the difference in attitude between two drivers with sponsorship when they spoke to press in the last week - blunt arrogance from Maldonaldo and more reasonable choice of words from Perez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Sutil is highly rated by Mallya and he has said that in his recent quote. Which also fails to mention anything about PDR. So PDR is probably finding a drive in the US . Mallya might work out a shrewd deal with Hulk financially and close it.
Mallya has always favoured Sutil over others including PDR and NH. Though reasons are not fully clear, it may be because Sutil was with the team ever since it was formed and probably contributed a lot in making SFI a worthy midfield car from the Jordan that was driven by Karthiyan.

Last edited by zenren : 22nd November 2013 at 18:34.
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

Here it is again, the rumor of Brawn might come back to Ferrari. He was spotted at the Ferrari motorhome along with Stephano. Alonso official Facebook page had the same news too.

I really hope this happens

It will be a dream team next year with Brawn, Bryne, Allison, DeBeer, Alonso & Raikkonen.
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:55   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Here it is again, the rumor of Brawn might come back to Ferrari. He was spotted at the Ferrari motorhome along with Stephano. Alonso official Facebook page had the same news too.

I really hope this happens

It will be a dream team next year with Brawn, Bryne, Allison, DeBeer, Alonso & Raikkonen.
Rumor made more stronger with domenicali saying that he would have "no problem" to step aside if Ross Brawn is recruited to replace him.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...o-Brawn-return

-Sajan
Old 24th November 2013, 13:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Alonso and Massa against 2014 car weight limit change

I am not sure if last minute change is going to have any impact on the technical side but otherwise, just because you are small & light, you will go against anything against that will put you against a level field?

Though drivers don't get a say and it appears Mercedes has blocked the move, I do laud Vettel for supporting it.

It appears that an Indian court ruling that F1 is not a sport but just entertainment is becoming more true.
Old 24th November 2013, 19:21   #176
BHPian

Hulkenberg to Force India?

rumors are that the 26-year-old has signed a one-year deal and Force India deal could be announced within the next few days, perhaps right after the Brazilian Grand Prix and there are also claims that Force India are still considering outgoing McLaren driver Sergio Perez, with Sutil moving on to Sauber instead.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...o-Force-India-

-Sajan
Old 25th November 2013, 10:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the real reason McLaren dropped Perez come out. It clearly was not a performance issue.

Looks like the Hulk and him are set for Force India.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

I personally still think perez is slow or not quick enough for Macca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Good to see the real reason McLaren dropped Perez come out. It clearly was not a performance issue.

Looks like the Hulk and him are set for Force India.
Do you think it was FI? Seen random comments on the internet when it came to this story saying it was Vijay Mallaya! : o
Old 25th November 2013, 11:30   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I personally still think perez is slow or not quick enough for Macca

Do you think it was FI? Seen random comments on the internet when it came to this story saying it was Vijay Mallaya! : o
Here's why :
http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ry/137095.html

They had to drop him to make way for Magnussen after another team went back on their word.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:56   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

Here's why :
http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ry/137095.html

They had to drop him to make way for Magnussen after another team went back on their word.
Already read it yes.
I was asking who do you think it could be?. The team that went back on their word.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks