Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2013, 07:42   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Absolutely! This is one of the most interesting driver pairings on the grid for 2014 in my opinion. Hulks raw talent and Peres kinda-talent and money should hopefully result in a financially healthy Fi with a strong car with a very strong driver.
FI look like a strong team for '14. I really hope they don't screw up with whatever direction they are taking for 2014 : ).
I guess Force India get lot of attention and goodwill here due to the India connection
In my opinion, they are a mid-table player along the lines of Sauber. Interesting to see what Hülkenberg and Perez (especially the latter) can do differently in this team compared to what they were doing in Sauber and Mclaren respectively.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:55   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I guess Force India get lot of attention and goodwill here due to the India connection
In my opinion, they are a mid-table player along the lines of Sauber. Interesting to see what Hülkenberg and Perez (especially the latter) can do differently in this team compared to what they were doing in Sauber and Mclaren respectively.
OH! I think so too.
It's just that, I'm very excited for FI for the '14 season and '14 season alone. With the money, hulks talent and the complete field reset with the regulations makes me wonder if FI, who have made very good cars for their budget during previous seasons, can for 2014 make a top running car : o.
I think it's safe to say that in later seasons the usual suspects will be take place in the top positions ^_^
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 20:30   #273
Senior - BHPian

Autosport confirms Sutil to Sauber for next year.

So it finally ends up as a swapping Hulk and Sutil between Sauber - Force India teams.

Last edited by zenren : 13th December 2013 at 20:34.
Old 13th December 2013, 22:56   #274
Senior - BHPian

The grid is shaping up nicely now. Every year we have the next season to look forward to and 2014 is certainly no exception. Apart from the big one of "will anyone be faster than a Red Bull", the team mate battles should be epic.

Adaptability will be key for drivers and the smartest will do well.

For teams, there will be severe penalties for engine failures. Reliability will be key.
Old 14th December 2013, 06:31   #275
Senior - BHPian

Caterham's 2014 chassis crash test, note the wierd looking broken piece from the front nose crash structure. Looks close to Autosport's version of the ugly looking 2014 cars

anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 23:38   #276
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari will unveil their 2014 V6T engine on the 19th of December
Old 17th December 2013, 12:49   #277
BHPian

Hear Hear !!!
Fernando Alonso: Ron Dennis would not stop return to McLaren

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25400798
The content actually is "McLaren chairman Ron Dennis says he would have no problem if Fernando Alonso rejoined the Formula 1 team. "

Wishful thinking - Alonso, Brawn and Honda at Woking.....
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 17:00   #278
Senior - BHPian

Alonso has a contract until 2016 with option to extend if Alonso is at his prime. He is arguably the best driver on the grid and Ferrari have him now, if anything that should drive Ferrari to release him... it will be only after they find their star driver for 2015. Who will that be for Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Wishful thinking - Alonso, Brawn and Honda at Woking.....
Old 17th December 2013, 20:16   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Alonso has a contract until 2016 with option to extend if Alonso is at his prime. He is arguably the best driver on the grid and Ferrari have him now, if anything that should drive Ferrari to release him... it will be only after they find their star driver for 2015. Who will that be for Ferrari?
Seb Vettel who else!
Paired with the Hulk!!
Old 17th December 2013, 21:04   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Quote:
Seb Vettel who else!
Paired with the Hulk!!
In case Kimi outperforms Alonso at Ferrari next year, there is a chance that Kimi might be given the lead driver role at Ferrari for 2015 and Alonso might think of a move. Both of them are capable of beating the other on a good day and losing out to the other on a bad day.
Old 17th December 2013, 23:50   #281
Senior - BHPian

And... He is back

The 2014 F1 Season-1483809_745030352193258_302074400_o.jpg

Source: Scuderia Ferrari FB Page

Vettel is going to move only if Redbull makes a bad car next year, he is not going to move otherwise and he would also look at how good/bad Ferrari is next year. If they still suck the way they are with the windtunnel, I guess the Vettel deal is not going to happen. Vettel had already chickened out from having a faster team mate in the 2014 Redbull car, one reason why Redbull did not sign Kimi. I dont think he is going to brave a move to another team yet.

But I am more certain about Ferrari's plans to bring in Bianchi soon to the SF team. He is gaining all the required experience he can in F1 with slower cars, he should be driving the scarlet car in 2015 I think. Bianchi is also testing the F138 at the Bahrain test starting on the 19th along with De La Rosa.

Quote:
Seb Vettel who else!
Paired with the Hulk!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
In case Kimi outperforms Alonso at Ferrari next year, there is a chance that Kimi might be given the lead driver role at Ferrari for 2015 and Alonso might think of a move. Both of them are capable of beating the other on a good day and losing out to the other on a bad day.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 23:59   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I would not put my money on Kimi outperforming Alonso over a season.

Ferrari have always made it about the team, giving preference to the faster driver. Even Shumi had to get back to racing with 2 races left in the 1999 season (after his leg had well healed) to try to help Irvine for the Driver's and Ferrari for the Constructors. He did play 2nd fiddle to Irvine, so much so that Irvive went on record saying that not only was he the best No 1 driver but the best No 2 driver as well.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 10:33   #283
Senior - BHPian

Yea me neither. Alonso is in another league when it comes to races.

I am, however, Interested in seeing how ALO will respond when given a highly skilled driver as a team-mate. He has throughout his career been given inferior drivers and has comfortably stomped them but we all know what happened in 2007. So I'm very interested to see what fireworks we may see in '14 and how it would effect his on and off track behaviour.
Old 19th December 2013, 13:01   #284
Senior - BHPian

I fail to comprehend how can one manage to give either Kimi or Fernando the edge over the other over the course of a season. The past is just a point of reference for facts but that in no way determines what the future will hold does it ?
Alonso was strong in 2005/06 & he won it
Kimi was incredible in 2005 & very good in 2003 yet somehow he managed not to win it and most places iv read people refer to the unreliability of the Mclaren back then.
I am a hardcore Raikkonen fan and also like and respect Alonso immensely & yet, I dont think either of them are in 'another league' strictly when compared to each other.
On their day they could put up a show like none other and leave us wide eyed & open mouthed.
In my heart i would love Kimi to win another WDC but my mind knows its going to be almost impossible to say between the 2 of them.
In totality though what i hope for is the 2 of them combined bring the Ferraris out on top very often !
I know there are many such examples on youtube but just making a point -

PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 15:01   #285
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes poaching some more heads from Redbull.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111908

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks