Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2013, 23:51   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I fail to comprehend how can one manage to give either Kimi or Fernando the edge over the other over the course of a season. The past is just a point of reference for facts but that in no way determines what the future will hold does it ?
Alonso was strong in 2005/06 & he won it
Kimi was incredible in 2005 & very good in 2003 yet somehow he managed not to win it and most places iv read people refer to the unreliability of the Mclaren back then.
I am a hardcore Raikkonen fan and also like and respect Alonso immensely & yet, I dont think either of them are in 'another league' strictly when compared to each other.
On their day they could put up a show like none other and leave us wide eyed & open mouthed.
In my heart i would love Kimi to win another WDC but my mind knows its going to be almost impossible to say between the 2 of them.
In totality though what i hope for is the 2 of them combined bring the Ferraris out on top very often !
I know there are many such examples on Youtube but just making a point -
To put it simply Kimi lacks the extra ordinary ability of Alonso to adapt, be it car handling or tire management.

Kimi could not adapt to the longer wheelbase car that Lotus introduced, and Grosjean got the better of him.

The other thing that separates Alonso from the rest is that he will stop at nothing to improve himself. He is widely known to be the fittest driver out there, loves working on the simulator and is constantly discussing things with his engineers. He is, I feel, not as naturally talented as Kimi/Lewis/Seb but works extremely hard - 'intelligently' to ensure he does the maximum.

For Kimi, his enjoyment defines his commitment. No doubting his pace though.

I think they will work well together, Kimi is super confident, unlike Massa/Grosjean and will just "get on with it" on track.

To draw comparisons, Alonso is like Lauda/Shumi and Kimi like Hunt!

Last edited by Hatari : 21st December 2013 at 23:57.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 23:22   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
To put it simply Kimi lacks the extra ordinary ability of Alonso to adapt, be it car handling or tire management.

Kimi could not adapt to the longer wheelbase car that Lotus introduced, and Grosjean got the better of him.

The other thing that separates Alonso from the rest is that he will stop at nothing to improve himself. He is widely known to be the fittest driver out there, loves working on the simulator and is constantly discussing things with his engineers. He is, I feel, not as naturally talented as Kimi/Lewis/Seb but works extremely hard - 'intelligently' to ensure he does the maximum.

For Kimi, his enjoyment defines his commitment. No doubting his pace though.

I think they will work well together, Kimi is super confident, unlike Massa/Grosjean and will just "get on with it" on track.

To draw comparisons, Alonso is like Lauda/Shumi and Kimi like Hunt!

Yes Alonso is surely one of the most hard-working drivers out there no doubt where as Kimi has the reputation of being laid back.
Time & again hes repeated "I am here only because i love to drive and there are many things i do not like about Formula 1. As long as my love of driving a Formula 1 car is more than my hate for others things around i will keep enjoying."
But whether it makes him any weaker than Alonso remains to be seen.
For whatever he lacks in terms of attitude (laid back reputation) i expect him to make up for it on track.
On a few F1 pages fanboys of either driver are dismissing the other in extremely amateurish ways. Its clear from their petty dialogues that even they are aware of the challenge that Kimi and Fernando could pose to eachother.
Very interesting indeed...
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:32   #303
BHPian

The 2014 F1 Engine revolution. A neat writeup on next year's engines & also a glimpse into how the end-result might end up looking

Link
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 F1 Season-2014regsengineside.jpg  

rshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 11:03   #304
BHPian

Kobayashi back to F1 with Caterham in 2014?

Kamui Kobayashi could make a shock return to the Formula One grid next year after being linked with Caterham.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...-return-to-F1-

-Sajan
Old 26th December 2013, 14:07   #305
BHPian

Sauber confirm Esteban gutierrez as the second driver for their 2014 line up to drive alongside Adrian Sutil.

Heres what the 2014 team & driver line up looks till as of now

Red Bull Racing- Sebastian Vettel & Daniel Ricciardo
Mercedes AMG- Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberf
Scuderia Ferrari - Kimi Raikkonen & Fernando Alonso
Lotus - Pastor Maldonado & Romain Grosjean
Mclaren - Jenson Button & Kevin Magnussen
Sahara Force India - Nico Hulkenberg & Sergio Perez
Sauber - Adrian Sutil & Esteban Gutierrez
Scuderia Torro Rosso - Jean-Eric Vergne & Daniil Kvyat
Williams F1 - Felipe Massa & Valteri Bottas
Marussia F1 - Jules Bianchi , 2nd driver to be confirmed (Max Chilton specualted)
Caterham F1- Both drivers to be confirmed ( Heikki Kovalainen return to the outfit expected).
rakeshnair14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 18:08   #306
BHPian

The Schum is in ICU With Induced coma after his ski injury.
OMG!

Just hope he comes back safe n sound.
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 18:21   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
The Schum is in ICU With Induced coma after his ski injury.
OMG!

Just hope he comes back safe n sound.
Yes I've been following the news ever since I first heard about it earlier this morning. Its been reported his condition is more severe than earlier thought.

Ross Brawn and Jean Todt have visited him since he has been admitted. It would be tragic to loose the great Michael Schumacher this way : ' (.
I hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:31   #308
BHPian

Schumis accident seems to be pretty serious with bilateral contusions and some intraparenchymal hemorrhage. he is being kept hypothermic to reduce brain swelling. Usually doctors though confident of pulling of a successful recovery in majority of cases do give out the worst possible scenario to relatives.Problem with his condition is that these clots inside brain swell up a lot by end of 2 weeks or so, hence guess its hanging by a thread till then. Age and fitness should work out in his favor. Our prayers are with you MSC.
Some more details here: http://news.sky.com/story/1188296/sc...fe-say-doctors.
Old 30th December 2013, 23:39   #309
Senior - BHPian

This article tweeted 15mins. ago so this should be the most recent update.
It seems things are still not well:
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/140599.html

Last edited by Maky : 31st December 2013 at 00:06.
Old 31st December 2013, 14:36   #310
Senior - BHPian

Interesting...

"@Crucial_Xtreme: #F1 OmniCorse.it reports the 2014 Renault Power Units might not be ready for 1st Jerez test on 28 January.."
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:16   #311
Senior - BHPian

Piola's version of the 2014 car, his renderings are usually close to what the real deal would look like.

anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:53   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshnair14 View Post
Sahara Force India - Nico Hulkenberg & Sergio Perez
With their year end performance, I am hoping very much for these two to give SFI atleast a run for the upper half of the table. However apprehensive about the changes in the cars and the rules. I hope it will be a good year for SFI.
Old 8th January 2014, 02:02   #313
Senior - BHPian

A report on TopSpeed reads that if either Alonso or Raikkonen were to win the WDC next year, both will be given a Ferrari LaFerrari as a performance "incentive". (But, I thought Alonso already bought a LaFerrari?)

Source: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar161729.html
Old 9th January 2014, 09:34   #314
Senior - BHPian

Lotus to miss first 2014 Formula 1 winter test at Jerez.

Just three weeks before the new 2014 cars are scheduled to run for the first time, Lotus has revealed that its E22 will not join the other outfits in the test that starts on January 28.

Doesn't read too well for Lotus in 2014. Or it is that they have something very radical up their sleeve?
Old 9th January 2014, 10:10   #315
Senior - BHPian

There were reports or rather rumors earlier that the Renault Powertrain (thats what we call the engines in 2014, right ) is not ready for the first test. Redbull & Lotus had approached the teams to move the test to a later date and it was rejected by the other teams.

If that rumor was true, Redbull might be sitting out too for the first test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Doesn't read too well for Lotus in 2014. Or it is that they have something very radical up their sleeve?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks