Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 17:57   #256
BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
This is just plain stupid and short-sighted. The logic given in the argument was that the 2008 and 2012 results would have been inverted by the final race being given double points. In those two seasons as well as 2007 and 2010 where the final race determined the WDC, everyone was watching the final race till the last lap even otherwise. In the 2011 and 2013 seasons, there was nothing that would have changed even with double points in final race. So what is the whole point of this nonsense?

If this is implemented, I've got to say I'll stop calling F1 a sport and label it another entertainment program. If it were a sport, there is no reason a sportsman or a team should get unfair advantage for a better performance in a specific leg of the championship.

A win in any GP should be treated the same way, same as a misfortune. A blowout or an accident causing you to retire shouldn't get penalized with double points just because it is the last race of the season. If these are the new norms, I wouldn't see another crashgate scandal next year as illegal since anything works in entertainment as longs as the crowd cheers.

I know all these new rules are proposed to see somebody else beat Vettel to the WDC next year and everyone would be happy if that happens. However, just imagine a situation where Vettel is trailing Alonso and Kimi going into the final race but wins the final race and gets the championship thanks to double points!
Ronspeak (in the past) : We weren't racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando.

FIASpeak: We don't conduct races, we basically stop Vettel.

What C*&p is this ? How can someone conceive like this . I don't think this will see the light of the day.

Probably they might get dynamic rules stating that if RBR are more than 30% than the nearest rival at let's say Hungary, they get excluded for the next 2 races just to restore the Mojo to the racing. God help !!

Last edited by polopm : 10th December 2013 at 17:58. Reason: typo fix
Old 11th December 2013, 06:48   #257
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this video by Ted has been shared here before. For those of you who likes to see than read. Here is Ted explaining the 2014 technical changes.

deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 11:43   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't this take away the driver skill? Currently, the better drivers used KERS to block the opponents as well as overtake someone back immediately after a DRS move by not defending much in the DRS zone and reserving the KERS for the exit out of the corner. With the KERS control going away from the driver, I don't know if such brilliant moves would be history.
I dont think KERS usage alone makes a big difference between drivers. Engineers advise them on how much to use and where. 2014 will see ERS deployment over 33 seconds rather than 6.6 seconds. That is huge increase. In addition, the cars will have less aero grip and tons more torque making them much more difficult to drive.

33 seconds of ERS comprises 1/3rd of a lap which is very high. Thats why they have built it in, tracks like Singapore/Hungary/Monaco etc, which are all corners, it will be close to very inconvenient for drivers to constantly keep the ERS button activated.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:15   #259
Senior - BHPian

Finally someone calls it a spade!

F1 double point plan is "absurd" - Vettel
Quote:
Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has mocked plans to award double points at the final race of the 2014 Formula One season, branding the idea "absurd".
Source: http://www.foxsportsasia.com/motorsp...s-%22absurd%22
Old 11th December 2013, 15:46   #260
Senior - BHPian

I dont see anyone else benefiting from this except Bernie, the F1 circus clown. He wants the last boring pathetic track of Abu Dhabi to be more exciting, no one else can think of anything as stupid as this!

Quote:
Finally someone calls it a spade!
Old 11th December 2013, 16:23   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I dont see anyone else benefiting from this except Bernie, the F1 circus clown. He wants the last boring pathetic track of Abu Dhabi to be more exciting, no one else can think of anything as stupid as this!
True. I don't think any driver or team with self respect would want to win a championship through this lame rule, that they didn't otherwise deserve.

It would remain a permanent black mark in their career if it happens and Vettel/Alonso/Kimi/Lewis are already world champions by fair means and would gain nothing by winning another championship with this rule.
Old 12th December 2013, 07:22   #262
Senior - BHPian

F1 teams reject proposal to enforce two pit stops

Thank God for that! But it is not all good news.

An attempt to raise the minimum weight limit to prevent taller drivers being unfairly penalized was also rejected. And double points for season finale was approved.
Old 12th December 2013, 09:19   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
An attempt to raise the minimum weight limit to prevent taller drivers being unfairly penalized was also rejected.
Interesting to note that Lotus voted against raising the limit, now that they have confirmed Maldonaldo for next year and Hulk is driving for Force India. With all this 'flexible morals', I'm seeing more reasoning towards why Kimi opted for the surgery sacrificing the last couple of races.
Old 12th December 2013, 09:24   #264
BHPian

Some fans from Autosport forum(me included) started this page to help and draw FIA attention to the mess. Please spread around.
https://www.facebook.com/F1FansAgainstBadPlans
Old 12th December 2013, 12:39   #265
Senior - BHPian

Lotus F1's proposal for 2014 regulations

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...182336/photo/1

I think it makes sense.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 16:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/statuses/411085834872299520

Posted minutes ago...
Perez to FI announcement seems imminent.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:49   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Posted minutes ago...
Perez to FI announcement seems imminent.
Confirmation here: http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/139309.html
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 20:13   #268
BANNED

AWESOME move by Mallya!

This is the hottest pairing of the grid besides Ferrari's and Benz's line up. Sutil and BOresta were just oh so boring. I hope Sutil is gone forever, and I feel somewhat sorry for Paul, but the fact no other team seems to have ever wanted him says enough. They've had their chance. I think VJM was more than patient with them. On to the next!!

The Mexican horde seems to be paying attention -- the likes on Force India's FB page have gone up by 1000 in just one day.

BTW -- everybody says PDR wasn't such a bad driver, but how he lost control of the car on a kerb at Korea, was more than pathetic to me. Let's not forget what happened at Monza this year too.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 12th December 2013 at 20:21.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 23:08   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
AWESOME move by Mallya!
Absolutely! This is one of the most interesting driver pairings on the grid for 2014 in my opinion. Hulks raw talent and Peres kinda-talent and money should hopefully result in a financially healthy Fi with a strong car with a very strong driver.
FI look like a strong team for '14. I really hope they don't screw up with whatever direction they are taking for 2014 : ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
This is the hottest pairing of the grid besides Ferrari's and Benz's line up. Sutil and BOresta were just oh so boring. I hope Sutil is gone forever, and I feel somewhat sorry for Paul, but the fact no other team seems to have ever wanted him says enough. They've had their chance. I think VJM was more than patient with them. On to the next!!

BTW -- everybody says PDR wasn't such a bad driver, but how he lost control of the car on a kerb at Korea, was more than pathetic to me. Let's not forget what happened at Monza this year too.
I agree, Di Resta has only himself to blame for loosing his drive. I wonder what the hell happened to his focus this year. Last year he seemed so much more on track.
As for Sutil, well what good is speed without consistency.
Old 13th December 2013, 07:30   #270
Senior - BHPian

Nice move! FI got a very strong lineup for 2014. And I have a feeling Perez will do very well at FI.

Btw, sniffpetrol is back with the list of proposed rule changes rejected by teams and drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffpetrol

- Loud music played in heavily branded room to cover stilted conversations amongst top three finishers.
- Post-race watches limited to diameter of no more than 60 centimetres.
- One championship point deducted every time a driver uses the words ‘for sure’ in a TV interview.
- Five championship points for any driver who passes Maldonado without sustaining bodywork damage.
- Stefano Domenicali limited to 100 TV appearances per race weekend.
- Christian Horner banned from starting the answer to any question by saying ‘Yea no’.
- Raikkonen awarded one point for every time he manages to construct and complete a sentence.
- Jenson Button to clear his throat.
- Drivers permitted to have sponsors’ logos tattooed onto face and tongue.
- Racing to take place on interesting tracks that allow overtaking.
Source
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks