Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2006, 12:02   #661
Senior - BHPian

Kimi .. oh Kimi .. when will he have some luck ?

However was pretty happy with yesterdays result .. I like all 3 podium guys .. must be a very satisfying weekend for 'superman' DC ..

MS .. every passing day I respect the guy less and less ... his excesses have been caught so many times .. I wonder how many other 'incidents' have never come to light ..
It makes one think .. look at the last decade .. Hill, Jacques, Mika, Alonso, Kimi, Barri, DC .. how many fingers can be pointed at these fab drivers ? MS is revered for his ruthlessness .. Well I believe Kimi, Alonso, Mika are and were equally ruthless when it came to racing .. but they stuck to racing only. I really look forward to the MS's retirement ..
Old 29th May 2006, 12:05   #662
Team-BHP Support

happy for dc making it to the podium and a decent result for barrichelo as well.

just for the record starting at the end of the grid and making it to 5th in a narrow circuit as monaco is something that very few people can manage. And if the critics feel that i sound like schumi wife/love interest e.t.c they sure are carrying fonsi's baby!!

manson.
Old 29th May 2006, 14:24   #663
BHPian

1. Alonso
2. Schmuck!!!!!

3. Fischella/button[/quote]

I luv'd that(schmuck...ha ha)...served him right!!!!...btw felt rly sry for kimi!!!!
Old 29th May 2006, 14:32   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
That is so true. Btw, the latest issue of the F1 magazine has hinted that Ferrari desperately wants MS out by the end of this season and they are looking for "better" drivers.
That should be true bcz Kimi is not a guy who will play second fiddle to anyone. Kimi is young and can be contracted by ferrari for a very long period. If any other team secure Kimi's contract for more than 2 years Ferrari will be the looser. Ultimately Ferrari might be thinking Schumi as an extra load.

Barichelo has started out performing Button, now british press will need to find out a way to defend their most over rated driver (Naren had beaten Button many times in his F3 career).
Old 29th May 2006, 16:11   #665
Senior - BHPian

To what extent will these MS hater go.Go and watch that video one thousand times you will see that the rear skid a little,to correct that michael tried to straighten his car in the middle of the corner and locked his front wheel and then ran wide,but he was 100% off the racing line,get that video and watch it for yourself.

That guy just set the fastest lap of the race on the 74th lap of the race,and if he was not stuck behind that safety car he would have been on the podium and you say he is a burden on Ferrari.You people have gone nuts,given a equal car he will most definately outrun Kimi and Fonso.

Do you know what The GPMA has just signed the concorde aggrement and to get them onboard Max Mosely and Bernie have definately made some sort of aggrement to sideline Ferrari.I bet you on that,one example in Spain Montoya was stuck on the inside of one of the chicanes in Barcelona,on the racing line and they did not call the safety car out,because if they did it would have ruined Fonso's chances.

Go figure that out.
Old 30th May 2006, 00:57   #666
BHPian

Schumacher might have managed 5th place from 22nd, but he was aided by 4 top place retirements and 2 drive through penalties. Also Button's Honda had some kind of problem which they couldn't fix overnight.
Regarding MS setting the fastest time on Lap 74, he had a very light fuel load at that time and he was deperately trying to pass Barichello in the last few laps. The race leaders ahead of Barichello (esp. Alonso who had the fastest lap before) were just taking it easy and trying to reach home safe since there was enough distance between them.
In fact Alonso's last few laps were slower than Fisichella despite having a very light fuel load.
Old 30th May 2006, 01:21   #667
BHPian

Schumy’s shame at Monte Carlo - Sify

By Anand Philar |

The ghosts of the past seemed to have revisited Michael Schumacher in Monte Carlo on Saturday, and I doubt that there are many who will sympathise with the seven times World champion whom the Stewards shunted to the back of the grid.

Much as Schumy and Ferrari denied wrongdoing, but the irrefutable fact was the German tried to stall his rivals by stopping his machine just past the La Rascasse hairpin. Obviously, he was out to block Alonso who was on a fast lap and set to gain the pole position. Eventually, justice was done with Alonso winning handsomely and Schumy ending up fifth after starting from 22nd position.

I was among the millions of Schumy fans who turned his back on the legend and it was difficult to digest his antics that he put it down to “driving error”. But then, the reading from the sensors attached to the car did not lie and rather, they gave lie to his explanation. No wonder then that the Stewards kicked him out of the pole position to the back of the grid. Such has been the condemnation and outrage that few cared to appreciate the awesome display of skill on Sunday afternoon when he carved his way through the field on a track that is generally not suited for overtaking moves.

Thus, 16 years after his first act of shame when he shunted Mika Hakkinen in the Macau Grand Prix (Formula 3), Schumy was up to his old stunts that have left huge stains on his reputation as arguably the greatest Formula One driver.

Among the most vocal criticism following his Monte Carlo antics, was Flavio Briatore, the boss of Renault. The flamboyant Briatore, incidentally, was Schumy’s boss in Benetton during 1994 and 1995 seasons when he won two of the seven World championship titles. Thus, it stands to reason that Briatore knew what he was talking when he dubbed the Schumy stall as “cheating”.

In fact, Schumy’s 1994 success was blotted by his run-in with Damon Hill in Adelaide when just one point separated the two, going into the final race of the season. The incident took out both the drivers, leaving Schumy World champion!

Perhaps, Schumy’s worst blunder was in 1997 when in Jerez, he turned his Ferrari into Jacques Villeneuve in an attempt to throw off the Canadian. But Villeneuve survived and went on to win the World championship. Schumy was stripped of his second position. To this day, the Jerez incident haunts Schumy. For years thereon, he had to face awkward questions about Jerez and if one were to go by some authoritative accounts, Schumy was reduced to tears that he shed in private.

There have been several incidents since Jerez that have blotted Schumy’s reputation. In fact, his kid brother Ralf, himself declared: “Michael tried to kill me”, after the 2001 Nurburgring incident when the elder Schumacher veered across Ralf who nearly ended up in the wall.

Apparently, there is a devilish streak in Schumy’s persona that is triggered by desperation. There are indications that this season would be his last and that Schumy would like to retire after winning his eighth title. But he and Ferrari have been struggling to be on pace with Alonso and Renault this season. Alonso, with each point won, is pulling away from Schumy and having four won of the six races so far and finishing on podium in the other two, the Spanish World champion appears certain to clinch his second title.

When viewed in this context, it would appear that Schumy is desperate to check Alonso’s progress at “any cost” and that probably explains his stalling in Monte Carlo.

Such a pity that in the evening of his glorious career, Schumy is stooping so low. Few can gloss over his move to a struggling Ferrari in 1996 and lifting the team to new highs. But then, even during his height, he did not enjoy the best of relationship with his two team-mates, Eddie Irvine and Rubens Barrichello, both of whom were contractually bound to play second fiddle to Schumy.

Eventually, Irvine left in a huff blaming Ferrari and Schumy for not offering the best of support. Barrichello, too, quit at the end of the 2005 season, unhappy at the treatment meted out to him in the Ferrari garage. Team orders often forced Barrichello to ease off when ahead of Schumy and when the Brazilian left Ferrari a unhappy man.

No doubt, statistics support Schumy’s claim to greatness, but conversely, the catalogue of “incidents” will judge him rather harshly. No wonder then it is said that you can winning anything back except your reputation. The Monte Carlo incident came at a time when the racing fraternity was willing to forgive the German for his past mistakes and Schumy was looking every inch a mellowed champion, but a champion nevertheless. Thus, in a split second of madness at Monte Carlo, Michael Schumacher turned many fans into foes.

Source : http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14215241
Old 30th May 2006, 14:04   #668
BHPian

One of the skills that makes Schumi one of the greatest driver is his knowledge of the situation around him - where his main rivals are, how fast they are going, when they are pitting and what they are thinking... Also Ferrari has the best strategy most of the time...

Now all of a sudden, he wasn't aware that the Renaults were behind him and on their hot laps? Come on, for that statement/excuse...... It converts to "I am guilty!"
Old 30th May 2006, 15:32   #669
Senior - BHPian

On a flying qualifying lap in F1,i dont think the team disturbs a driver with radio chatter,yes but they inform him of his sector times.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 30th May 2006 at 15:34.
Old 30th May 2006, 15:58   #670
Senior - BHPian

Ksheturam,i have some information for you why Ferrari and michael had no clue where alonso was.

Quote:
When the teams are watching the race in the pit lane, how many cameras do they have access to? Or are they limited to the main FIA feed plus the cameras on their own cars?
Tom Dollar
Newport, South Wales

Not even those, Tom. Since the demise of Bernie Ecclestone’s digital TV service, with its five channels plus on-boards, the teams only see one TV feed.

The one you see.

That’s it. They don’t have control over the on-board cameras on their own cars, so they can’t even keep an eye on what their drivers are doing throughout a race. Instead, they follow their boys’ progress on the timing screens.
source:http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...am&PO_ID=35976

and i am sure that the timing screens were all messed up throughout the monaco weekend because even i was watching them at www.f1.com .they were very slow.
Old 30th May 2006, 16:26   #671
Senior - BHPian

I am a McLaren guy. But I feel sorry for Schumacher. Guess I don't like the Renaults. Stupid French cars. LOL Kidding.
Old 30th May 2006, 19:04   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
given a equal car he will most definately outrun Kimi and Fonso.
That is the only way to settle this discussion! and unfortunately this will never happen...

All drivers that make it to F1 level are the best... its the better car that gives them the added advantage.

We all know who has the better car this season, next year it might be a different story

So lets move onto Silverstone and put Monaco to rest!
Old 30th May 2006, 20:04   #673
Senior - BHPian

DaPilot,absolutely very true.Lets go to Silverstone.
Old 30th May 2006, 20:53   #674
BHPian

If Schumi does well his haters will always have reasons to take that away from him..typical human nature and doesnt mean squat. The man can drive like no one else, thats the bottom line....I actually feel sorry for those who cant accept it, cant be bothered trying to prove them wrong, i'm sure they will have enough of a hard time dealing with their own hate...and oh yeah watch out for schumi next race....if theres anything i've learnt about him from all these years, he will be back with a bang!!

Last edited by Killer : 30th May 2006 at 20:56.
Old 30th May 2006, 21:11   #675
BHPian

There is always two sides to a story. Lets leave monaco behind and look at the races coming up!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks