Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2006, 23:07   #511
Senior - BHPian

Finally, it doesn't make a difference if some members think differently. Since it doesn't matter what you're thinking or what respect you have for MS. No one needs to prove anything or argue with you to show that he is better than Alonso. Alonso is very competitive, but overall he's not as experienced or better than MS.

MS has proved his talent in the past 15 years and that more than enough.
He debuted in 1991 and came in 12th.
In 1992, he finished 3rd overall and scored a superb 53 points. Won his first race in Spa, Belgium.
And from then on, you guys know the story.
Old 9th May 2006, 01:46   #512
BHPian

What brilliant driving from Schumi, the way he saved the best of his tires for when it mattered and those blinding laps. Thats why hes the best and no one can argue it this time coz Alonso didnt put a foot wrong either.

Deeps we're all so sorry schumi didnt impress you but hes still the best, hope you come to terms with it someday
Old 9th May 2006, 11:43   #513
Senior - BHPian

Challo ! Now lets go to Barcelona.Lets see what FA ha got up his sleve.

And one more thing Michael Schu is the best F1 driver i have ever seen (i:e in the last 9 years).Lets not talk about men i have never even seen when they were racing.
I became a fan of MS when he was not a world champion.there is just something about that man.

anyways a 37 year man who can cope up with the pressure of racing 20-25 year old youngies and still be faster than them all is enough to prove what he is.

After Michael is gone (hope he races for another 2 years minimum to become a 10 time world champion) my next star is Nico Rosberg.He looks good.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 9th May 2006 at 11:52.
Old 9th May 2006, 18:37   #514
Senior - BHPian

What a great race it was to watch, we got to see classic schumi win and ferrari tactics. I like both Schumi and Alonso, but i never directly compare the young drivers like Alonso and Kimi to him. He is an all time great for me and in a class of his own. No one can beat his experience and brilliance on the track. No dobut he is the ring master. These are just my views about Schumi. But my favourite among the young drivers is Alonso.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 9th May 2006 at 18:43.
Old 9th May 2006, 20:46   #515
BHPian

i would feel bad, if i dint pen down a few words of praise on MS. alonso, if am right has won 9 races altogether, and schumi has won 7 championship, so any comparison between them is pointless. i agree FA looks promising, but he has a long long way to go. MS is among the all time greats, if not the best F1 driver of all time. There has been enough said about his performances on the track, here are a few thing which amazes me about MS - THE GOD.

1. for his ability to move from a top class team (renault) to beleagured team (read ferrari) and putting in all the hard work and accomplish ferrari's dream of winning the world championship . he could have easily got the same amount of money and could have driven for a top team, nobody would say no to him. but he took the road less travelled. worked hard for five long years and got them world championship finally in 2000.

2. most of the time he never had the opportunity to drive the best car in the grid, it was available to him in 2003 and 2004, results speak for themselves.

3. for his insatiable spirit to achieve and his passion for f1. its even hard to imagine the kind of motivation he has after winning a record 7 championship. likes of mika hakkinen, after winning couple of world championship couldnt not maintain the motivation levels and sunk into the oblivion soon. look at the enthusiam of schumi, everytime he gets to the top step of podium, he reacts as if it is his first time.

4. the kind of systematic hard work he puts into testing. he never says no, and is always happy to test to find a few micro secs of improvement here and there. his ability to give technical feedback to engineers is unparalled.

5. for his ability to hold the top notch talent in ferrari for a long period of time.

6. his infectious enthusiam and motivating the whole team of mechanics around him.

7. by being the benchmark for fitness for other young drivers, at the age of 37.

8. for donating whopping $10million for tsunami relief, one of the higest by any individual, it was more than what is contributed by many of the developed countries, leave alone the individuals.

list could go on and on and on...
Old 9th May 2006, 20:53   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
alonso, if am right has won 9 races altogether, and schumi has won 7 championship,There has been enough said about his performances on the track, here are a few thing which amazes me about MS - THE GOD.

list could go on and on and on...
Dude...that's because Alonso has been driving for just 2-3 years....as compared to MS.

And u call MS THE GOD? "Rain MAster?" Guess u guys forgot late Ayrton Senna.
Old 9th May 2006, 22:20   #517
Senior - BHPian

Shumi won; Ferrari won.
CAn someone close this thread and start a thread abt teh next raceday at Spain please.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:45   #518
akg

MS's glory days are over (or about to).. no doubt he was good and no. 1 for quite some time.. FA is the new kid on the block..
Old 10th May 2006, 09:55   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Dude...that's because Alonso has been driving for just 2-3 years....as compared to MS.
Thats precisely the reason why its unfair to compare alonso with schumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
And u call MS THE GOD? "Rain MAster?" Guess u guys forgot late Ayrton Senna.
hey, we are in a secular country... MS is god to me... may be its senna for you.. i dont argue and guess we can peacefully coexist together.
Old 10th May 2006, 16:26   #520
Senior - BHPian

Race Prediction - Circuit de Catalunya

So maybe this race will tell how the standings will be...Being Alonso's hometown, its sure he'll do everything to win! But with the kinda form and pace Ferrari are into, things ain't gonna be easy for Renault.

Think Kimi won the race lat year in which he lead from start to finish. So maybe he has sumtin up his sleeve too. Friday practice results should be able to tell who's really fast...
Old 10th May 2006, 16:47   #521
BHPian

I'm slowly beginning to believe that Ferrari are back to being challengers. This race should be a good measure of whether they are truly back or not

My prediction is that it's gonna be another great race. Let's see how qualifying pans out and then I'll make any further predictions.

C'mon Ferrari!!

Last edited by decced : 10th May 2006 at 16:48.
Old 10th May 2006, 17:33   #522
Senior - BHPian

Now that Ferrari have proved that they are back among top three teams and even Mclaren are too back on pace and Renault as strong as before. This race will be damn exciting. Alonso will be desperate to win there as he is the home hero. Can't wait for it.
Anyway my prediction goes like this-
1)Fernando
2)Schumi
3)Kimi
Old 10th May 2006, 17:53   #523
F50
Senior - BHPian

This is going to be a tight race as many teams do their testing on this track. Drivers will be familiar with the track and teams already have good amount of data for the setup etc etc.
Fonso's homeland .... Schumi - 6 times winner of Catalunya .... Kimi in semi blistering form... Looks good on paper.
Old 11th May 2006, 00:27   #524
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hmm with the guys in the red back in form ... this prediction is a difficult one... i'd rather wait for the friday practice to decide.

as of now i think its gonna be

1. Alonso
2. Schmuck
3. Fisichella / massa
Old 11th May 2006, 10:36   #525
BHPian

I somehow feel shummi is gonna win again with Kimi coming a distant 2nd and maybe Massa/Button third. I somehow feel that Fonsi ain't gonna finish this race , (jus a feeling).

Predictions will flow thick and fast only after Friday free practise.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks