Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:48   #361
BHPian

damn exiting race ... sad for montoya and button though ... schumi seemed to have made a rare mistake ... ferrari however were nowhere in sight all weekend and i wouldn't blame bridgestone for it ... they gotta get their act together
Old 2nd April 2006, 13:11   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
people who are a lap down need not finish all their laps ... the top 9 cars were all on the same lap ... so effectively when the top nine crossed the finish line ... button was the first of the 4 odd guys who were a lap down ... hence 10th
Button was not tenth. He was 5th ahead of Fisichella and very much on the same lap as the leaders. Even though he is classified as finished, i dont think he'll be penalised for an engine change next time.

As for the race. It was absolutely amazing!! Woke up at 5.30 to watch it and boy was it worth it. Right from the warm-up lap to the last dying seconds. Was disappointed about Montoya's bad luck but the sight of the crashed ferraris made up for it.

Alonso once again displayed his capabilities as well as those of the car which seems to be well above everyone else in race-trim. Mclaren are second though and hopefully the european season will allow them to close the gap. A solid result for toyota but i dont for a moment believe that their 3 stop strategy would have worked half as effectively if not for the numerous safety car periods.

I cant imagine how frustrating it must be for Button. Anyone noticed how none of the engineers in the garage even dared to make eye-contact with him? His incident is far worse than Kimi's suspension failure at the Nurburgrin last year.

Overall, this is probably the best OZ GP i've ever seen and the best since the Jap. GP in 2005.
Old 2nd April 2006, 13:16   #363
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari crashing out like that was bad...Could someone tell how Massa crashed?? Well abt Michael, think he was pushing way harder than the car could take it and couldn't keep in on the racing line at that corner which proved to be a bit of a challenge to a few others esp. Montoya.

Anyway its just 3 races down..a lot more to go. This season if gettin heated up already with all the teams being damn competitive
Old 2nd April 2006, 13:18   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Button was not tenth. He was 5th ahead of Fisichella and very much on the same lap as the leaders. Even though he is classified as finished, i dont think he'll be penalised for an engine change next time.
i very well know button was fifth BEFORE his engine blew ... he DID NOT cross the finish line and was effectively lapped by the top 9 ... and thus was classified as 10th
Old 2nd April 2006, 13:33   #365
Senior - BHPian

One more thing. The radio transmissions were absolutely brilliant! Especially the one to Barrichello just before the start warning him about Rosberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
i very well know button was fifth BEFORE his engine blew ... he DID NOT cross the finish line and was effectively lapped by the top 9 ... and thus was classified as 10th
ok, that clears up your earlier post.
Old 2nd April 2006, 13:55   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
One more thing. The radio transmissions were absolutely brilliant! Especially the one to Barrichello just before the start warning him about Rosberg.
yea the radio transmissions really add to the exitement.

wonder what the teams reaction was when they saw poor jenson's car on fire 'keep on the throttle' ??would have been really spectacular to see a car with the engine on fire cross the finish line.

Last edited by Fiero : 2nd April 2006 at 13:57.
Old 2nd April 2006, 15:59   #367
Senior - BHPian

What a dramatic race this one was, Button blowing up his engine was just spectacular. But what an unlucky guy, now that he is classified as finishing in 10th place, he will lose out 10 grid places for next race due to engine change. Alonso was once again awesome in the race, made no mistakes at all and was awesomely quick. The safety car came out so many times but he managed to pull out from the crowd so quick.
It was a sad day for Ferrari and i didn't expect such a mistake from a driver like Schumi.
Old 2nd April 2006, 17:18   #368
BHPian

What a race !!!! truly amazing... First thing that comes to the mind Button's car...wow. did u guys notice, even after his engine started smoking he still pressed on the throttle not once but twice jst so that he could cross the finish line......anyway, he had bad luck breaking down just before the finish line. It was a really disastrous day for the ferrari's ... infact the whole Australian GP for cursed for them. Alonso again gave a superb performance hardly making any mistakes. I thought, kimi would catch him before the end....but I guess he proved too quick. Lots of crashes and plenty of action.....what more can a man ask in a race ? LOL.. nice to see ralf making it to the podium in the new season.
Old 2nd April 2006, 20:20   #369
BHPian

button

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Button blowing up his engine was just spectacular. But what an unlucky guy, now that he is classified as finishing in 10th place, he will lose out 10 grid places for next race due to engine change.
hey sridhar,

i don think button wont lose 10 places in the next race as he did not finish the race and his equipment failed, hence according to FIA rules he can change his engine for the next race without getting penalised even though he was classified 10th.

however, i am not 100% sure as there are many loop holes in the regulations.

the race was good today but montoya, schumacher & button were dissapointin, however awesome car control seen from montoya but tat chap is just too unlucky..wat say?

cheez
Old 3rd April 2006, 00:05   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Here goes my prediction for the Aussie GP-
1) Alonso
2) Kimi
3) Schumi
Renault will be strong as always and i think Mclaren too will be on the pace this time. But can't really say about Ferrari.
Man that was a very good prediction if you had gone to watch the race to Not just Jazz by the bay at Marine Drive then you would have won a ACI subscription.
Old 3rd April 2006, 02:50   #371
BHPian

button wont loose 10 places on the grd for the next rae.. he was classified 1 lap down and he didnt finish the race so, he is allowed to change his engine for the next race.. so u r right Mp421b

well i dunno if u guys have read this or not.. but speed looses his 8th place to DC and is now 11th.. and button ends up in 9th place.. Scott Speed lost his place cause he got a 25 second penalty for passing coulthard under yellow flags and also got fined $5000 for abusing coulthard.. stupid move by him there.. not too good for relations between the 2 red bull teams..

check the story here http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4196/753.html
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:01   #372
BHPian

hey,

i just heard that even ralf schumacher's 3rd place is in doubt, as he appeared to have passed nick heidfield under yellow flags. FIA will give out the confirmation by tom morining latest.

and as papps clarified button wont lose ten places next time around as the FIA rule register states

"Conversely, when a failure occurs during a race, no penalty applies"

so i am sure we r gonna have an awesome race in imola.

cheez
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:20   #373
BHPian

An interesting race. Alonso drove well...Kimi did his usual. Felt sorry for Montoya and Button. Mclaren again miss an opportunity to finish 2 cars on the podium!

And Ralf was the biggest gainer of the race with the safety car coming out so many times. I dont think he deserved 3rd place.

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 3rd April 2006 at 17:22.
Old 9th April 2006, 22:09   #374
BHPian

Button is not going to loose 10 places in the next race.
Old 11th April 2006, 21:03   #375
BHPian

as much as i would want it to be ferarri onthe podium...it's quite likely renault will steal the show all over again....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks