Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2006, 10:10   #346
Senior - BHPian

This is the first qualifying I seen this season, that too only the last 15 mins.
Whats up with only 10 cars running in the qualifying??
Old 1st April 2006, 11:04   #347
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
This is the first qualifying I seen this season, that too only the last 15 mins.
Whats up with only 10 cars running in the qualifying??
Summary of the qualifying this season...
Total 3 rounds...

First round : all cars get to run and the timings are recorded, the first 16 cars get qualified to the second round...

Secong round : again the 16 qualified cars get to run and the timings are recorded, the first 10 cars get qualified for the third round...

Third round : the same drill with the 10 qualified cars and this is for the grid position for the top ten and the rest of the cars that didnt qualify for the second or third round start off as per their timings recorded in the first or second round that they completed....

cars that dont get qualified for the third round can put in more fuel and alter their strategy as they start from behind the 10th position ( hope i'm right on this )...

time limit for each round is 15 mins ( again hope i'm right )
Old 1st April 2006, 14:13   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
hey dude previous qualifying we saw kimi's car have suspension failure and the same in the race, thats what i meant by reliability.... otherwise the engine seems to be going fine... hope for the best...
The ONLY reliability problem has been Kimi's suspension failure at Bahrain. In the race in Malaysia he was hit by Klein which caused a suspension failure.

As for the race-results, I predict Alonso, Kimi and Montoya on the podium but wont put any money on which step they take on the podium. The qualifying was amazing...even more so as neither ferrari managed the top ten
Old 1st April 2006, 14:59   #349
BHPian

Where do u guy's think F1's Mr.Excuse. Button would be finishing inspite of his pole??
I predict out of the podium and at last a few excuses more.
Old 1st April 2006, 15:27   #350
BHPian

guess...it'll be kimi.....the mclarnets then the Renaults. Jenson has a good chance at ending up in the podium. the ferrari's seem out of pace....so not very hopefull for them.
Old 1st April 2006, 15:32   #351
Senior - BHPian

I expect to see a strong performance from the Mclarens in the race. I hope there is some good racing between them and the Renault. Brilliant pole by Button but only time will tell if he can conver that into a race win

Everything went wrong for Ferrari this weekend whereas they were expecting to be in good form.

There are chances that Schumi might fill his car full of fuel and drive tomorrow. That could be a different strategy. Btu Schumi himself is also baffled at the lack of pace
Old 1st April 2006, 15:34   #352
BHPian

it will be another easy take for MR. ALONSO
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:18   #353
Senior - BHPian

Whoa what a race..Definately the best race so far. TEN retirements!!! But the most unlucky should be Jenson Button, only if he had held on for another 10meters or so..

The start was just awesome with so many close battles going on between the Renaults and McLarens, Ferrari and Toro Rosso, and not to to leave Ralf's Toyota.

And what can i say abt Alonso, how does he do it!!?? No matter what happens or where he starts, comes out on top!
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:27   #354
aZa
Senior - BHPian

My heart goes out for Button .... !! damn and what happenned with montoya ???
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:29   #355
Senior - BHPian

Montoya had electronics problem i guess. The kinda crashed at the same place Michael went out. Montoya did manage to keep the car on the track, but the electronics couldn't hang on i guess
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:34   #356
BHPian

Buttons case was damn sad man....i like him....nevertheless great stuff frm alonso....
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:51   #357
Senior - BHPian

Button did finish 10th right? He didn't retire, so only nine retirements in the race
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:19   #358
aZa
Senior - BHPian

button didn't finish or did he ?? his car stalled like 5 meters before the finish line. The official site says hez 1 lap down at 10th. How did that happen
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:24   #359
Jay
BHPian

what happened to Button is one of the saddest thing that can happen to a driver.... like they say, so close yet so far !!!... but the same thing seen from fisichella's view was scary with all the fire at his face...

nice drive by Montoya but then again he did not finish....

lap record by Kimi in the last lap..... but from the start he was blocked by slower cars....

a fine drive by Alonso, i would have loved to see McLaren atleast 2nd and 3rd...

all those crashes, retirements... safety car thrice..... nice exciting race till the end.
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:43   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
button didn't finish or did he ?? his car stalled like 5 meters before the finish line. The official site says hez 1 lap down at 10th. How did that happen
people who are a lap down need not finish all their laps ... the top 9 cars were all on the same lap ... so effectively when the top nine crossed the finish line ... button was the first of the 4 odd guys who were a lap down ... hence 10th

Last edited by Fiero : 2nd April 2006 at 12:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks