Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2006, 19:03   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos_nitrous
man whats hapened to ferrari???...they are being out stratergised...if thats a word..they always seem to have it in their bag but lose it in the in and outs..
Can't blame them, it was as close as it could be if u saw that exit from Alonso after the 2nd pit stop. Schumacher did try twice to regain the lead but wasn't close enough.

Strategy wise, it should be handed to McLaren. 22nd to 3rd!!! What more can u expect.
Old 12th March 2006, 19:50   #242
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Amazing race and the result wasn't too far from what i'd predicted. Raik and Alonso both on the podium. The renault looked quite comfortable hunting down the ferrari and do keep in mind this is where Ferrari were going to have an advantage anyway because of their tests in Bahrain just weeks ago.

Mclaren are up there too and like we saw last season they could become very strong within the next few races. Kimi was amazing (but kept a low profile)....last to 3rd. But even more amazing were the Michelins on his car that lasted the distance. I doubt Mclaren would have planned a 1 stop strategy for him if he hadn't crashed in qualifying. So this means that they must have chosen the tyre compound that was the same as Montoya's. So for that compound to last as well it did is quite remarkable.

Honda disappointed in race trim. I really did expect them to be up there with the Renaults. But it was good to see Barrichello and Button tussling for places in the opening laps. Looked Barrichello was out to release his frustration from his Ferrari years.

Another major disappointment was Toyota. Getting overtaken by a Super Aguri??? WTF???

So, undoubtebly Alonso was the star of the race! He kept a consistent pace and pushed only when he needed to. And he kept the 'great' shoemaker behind him. But his best drive is still Imola 2005.
Old 12th March 2006, 20:35   #243
BHPian

Bahrain was a great race... really happy to see Ferrari being competitive again and my man schumi up on the podium again . Although, I didn't expect Massa to end up on the podium I did expect him to make it up to the top 6..so it was a bit of a disspointment. Alonso's driving was good and consistent ...... but the main thing to note is that schumi wasn't far too behind him unlike last year. The difference at the finish line was just 2 secs and if schumi had tried a bit more and overtook Alonso in that first corner after the pit stop, he probably would have won the race. But oh well......its good. Kimi was amazing too....don't know how his one stop strategy worked out... he was awesome.... expected a bit more from Montoya as well.
the toyotas were a bit dissapointing. They haven't seemed to have improved much since last year......or probably they will in the near future. Was interested to see how the new BMW's will fair out in the race......they were as I expected not too good, not too bad....but they will become more competitive in the near future. and lastly, I guess Bridgestone's hard work on improving the tyres paid off....
Old 12th March 2006, 20:43   #244
BHPian

Ferrari is back.. massa's pit stop all screwed, othervise there could have been 2 ferraris in the podium.. cant wait to see the malaysian grand prix

Last edited by kphilip : 12th March 2006 at 20:47.
Old 12th March 2006, 21:23   #245
Team-BHP Support

no matter how much i hate alonso and the entire renault camp, they deserved the win, incredible pit-stop strategy.
being a barrichelo fan, was kinda disappointed with the gear-box failure.
but the good part of the race was that it proved that ferrari were surely back . . . hope the trend con tinues through the season and is not just a result of testing at bahrain.
was hoping for exciting finishing laps though.

manson.
Old 12th March 2006, 21:24   #246
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing race it was, i am happy for both Fernado and schumi.
This is going to be one of the best seasons.
Old 12th March 2006, 21:49   #247
Team-BHP Support

Alonso won well on pit strategy while Michael held on to the lead very well for long. Hero of the day was Kimi to pull a 20 car overtaking maneuver, starting from 23rd to 3rd. Great stuff from all three.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th March 2006 at 21:50.
Old 13th March 2006, 00:29   #248
Team-BHP Support

Alonso did what he normally does - win.
Kimi did what he normally does - starts at the end of the field and finishes on the podium.
Massa did the opposite of Kimi.
Michael tried hard and Ferrari seem to be getting their act together.
What about Nico Rosberg? The pace and agression that he showed was bloody impressive - best drive by a rookie I've ever seen. Williams must be very pleased to have finished well ahead of BMW.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th March 2006 at 07:46.
Old 13th March 2006, 00:57   #249
Team-BHP Support

yeah addy nico rosberg was the star of the day for me, rookie like that pulling off stuff on someone like DC on his debut was impressive stuff . . .

manson.
Old 13th March 2006, 02:57   #250
BHPian

I wanna see Fernando Alonso on top of the podium like last year.. he won the grand prix and this team Renault won Constructor's Challenge.
Old 13th March 2006, 02:58   #251
BHPian

006 Drivers Championship Pos Driver Nationality Team Points 1 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 10 2 Michael Schumacher German Ferrari 8 3 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 6 4 Jenson Button British Honda 5 5 Juan Pablo Montoya Colombian McLaren-Mercedes 4 6 Mark Webber Australian Williams-Cosworth 3 7 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Cosworth 2 8 Christian Klien Austrian RBR-Ferrari 1
Source: www.formula1.com

Last edited by Aditya : 13th March 2006 at 07:55.
Old 13th March 2006, 12:32   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanna see Fernando Alonso on top of the podium like last year.. he won the grand prix and this team Renault won Constructor's Challenge.
U wont!! The podium is gonna be painted red!!
Old 13th March 2006, 12:56   #253
Senior - BHPian

Its a long season man. Would be wise to not place any bets already.
Old 13th March 2006, 13:47   #254
BHPian

Great race. Its going to be a intersting season with 4 teams strong.

Kimi was the star for me.....last to 3rd is awesome! Alonso and Schmi were themselves surprised by his pace, which they said in their interview. Nico Rosberg drove well.

Only Mclaren out of the top 4 teams, finished with both the cars in the points. Thats a good sign and I hope they do it consistently.

Oh and the Chrome Mclaren looked hot on the track.
Old 13th March 2006, 14:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
U wont!! The podium is gonna be painted red!!
Not just the podium. The whole of F1. Seems like they are back. And that they are going to have their way just like the old days

Nico Rosberg did exceptionally well. Fastest Lap in a debut race is impressive!!

I missed the race, could anyone tell me what happened to Massa?! According to sources, Massa may not be in the team for long. There are rumours that Rossi may soon be taking his place.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks