Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 10:01   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
4) Schumi, fast, excellent strategost, the best defensive driver, verge of cheating, would run others of road if need me (i know i m going to get burned for this...lol)
Aseem, Watch MotoGP u will tell rossi as the strategist, cheating etc... etc... In F1 u have a team and hell lot of supercomputers to get u a strategybut thi guy plays a different game in the track....He makes the frontrunner feel they have won the race almost... Study their strength's and weakness, preserve his tyres following them, now and then shows his front wheel to them and make them push like mad , force them do mistakes and get their tyres worn out... at the last lap overtake and fly off... win the race . He did this with a much slower bike than his rivals in 2004...
Old 15th March 2006, 11:17   #287
BHPian

Overall nice race.
I was impressed with McLaren and Raikonen's performance and strategy.
Alonso's closing the door on Schumi while coming out of the pits was fantastic and got me on the tip of the couch hoping he would do what he did. Yup Anti-tifosi .
Nico Rosberg raced well and looks a very promising rookie.

Cheers
Santhosh
Old 16th March 2006, 11:36   #288
BHPian

Valentino Rossi challenges Alonso

Now what do you guys have to say about that.
guess Alonso has lost his brains

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...icleId=3118127
Old 17th March 2006, 00:14   #289
BHPian

1) Kimi
2) Alonso
3) Suchmi

well the only thing i'm worried about is the mclaren's reliabiilty.....if it is good and doesn't give any suprise problems then the it will be fine......otherwise not sure. Button as u guys said is the dark horse....so gotta watch out for him.......can't say nothing much until the practice.. The teams would have changed their strategies after the first race......so lets wait and see.....the waiting is part of the fun
Old 17th March 2006, 15:01   #290
BANNED

Coulthard at it again.

From www.espnstar.com.

Malaysia F1 like 'sex in a sauna', jests Coulthard

By Tim Collings

SEPANG, Malaysia, (AFP)
- David Coulthard lived up to his reputation as one of a dying breed of playboy racing drivers here Thursday when he compared driving in the sultry heat of Malaysia to having sex in a sauna.
Asked during a routine pre-race news conference at the Sepang circuit about how it felt to drive a Formula One car in high humidity and temperatures of more than 33 degrees Celsius, the Scot gave a typically succinct reply.
"It's like having to do some physical exercise in a sauna, effectively, and unless it was having sex, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to do anything in a sauna," said Couthard, 35 later this month.
When the conference moderator interjected, saying that he always "brought it down to that" Coulthard, who has had a series of model girlfriends without ever settling down or marrying, grinned and continued.
"We're all here because of that aren't we -- so I think it is a natural action between, normally a man and a lady, but sometimes."
As laughter spread, the moderator interjected again.
"Stop there". Are there any other analogies that anyone else can give us?" he said, and the interview swerved off course into more traditional and serious motor racing territory.
The Malaysian Grand Prix, the hottest venue and most humid on the annual calendar of 19 races, drains drivers, spectators and all involved of energy.
"It is very tough because, even on the straights, it is difficult to breathe and because it is so humid here," said Jenson Button, 26, who has also had a playboy reputation during the earlier stages of his career.
He is now concentrating on winning his first race after 101 Grands Prix.
"When you are trying to get some proper air into your lungs," he added, "it is difficult. It is really, really hot air."
Ralf Schumacher, the 30-year-old younger brother of seven-times drivers' champion Michael Schumacher, was more interested in responding by talking about his car's performance.
The Toyota driver said: "It really depends. There are years when I have had a difficult car to race here and it was tough. There were other years when it was totally easy and so it depends on the whole package.
"If you have a nice running car then it is not a real problem. But if you have a lot of work to do in the car, then it is a problem usually."
Canadian Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 world champion, raised the debate to a higher level by warning of the dire consequences for drivers if, or when, they dehydrated in the stifling and debilitating conditions.
"The thing is that you sweat a lot here which means that you get dehydrated so, in the second half of the race, you start losing a lot of your capacities because of that," he explained.
He said he carried half a litre of fluid in the car for the race and the drivers all agreed that it was essential.
When it was mentioned that current world champion Fernando Alonso of Spain won last year's Malaysian Grand Prix despite the failure of his drinks supply, Button responded.
"I know he won the race, but he didn't look too good did he after the race? You definitely need liquids in the race and before the race, too," he said.
"I normally drink about five litres in the morning before the race. It makes a massive difference. I didn't have a drink here a couple of years ago and I was so dehydrated that I was shivering and getting cold in the car and then you start to lose your eyesight. It is much better to be hydrated."
The last word on the subject, like the first, went to Coulthard.
"Any of the physios should be able to give you figures on what the percentage drop-off in a human is once you start to lose a certain amount of body fluid," he explained.
"You definitely lose performance. You are not going to be as sharp in your reactions, your mental capabilities drop off as your body dehydrates. And you just cannot battle against that.
"You just get on with it because you are focussed, but in any circumstance in normal life you would be admitted to hospital with severe dehydration.
"And you know we just get a cold towel and a glass of water and you guys think 'ah, you don't do anything for your money!' No-one argued. Coulthard had enjoyed having the first laugh and the last on the subject.
Old 17th March 2006, 15:40   #291
Senior - BHPian

FRIDAY PRACTICE RESULTS

Anthony Davidson Honda 1:35.041

Alexander Wurz Williams-Cosworth 1:35.388

Fernando Alonso Renault 1:35.806

Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:35.924

Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.132

Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:36.182

Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:36.617

Jenson Button Honda 1:36.661

Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-BMW 1:37.045

Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:37.270

Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:37.317

Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW 1:37.418

Robert Kubica Sauber-BMW 1:37.457

Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes 1:37.463

Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth 1:37.590

David Coulthard RBR-Ferrari 1:37.603

Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1:37.695

Neel Jani STR-Cosworth 1:37.831

Scott Speed STR-Cosworth 1:37.926

Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth 1:38.081

Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth 1:38.205

Giorgio Mondini MF1-Toyota 1:38.256

Christian Klien RBR-Ferrari 1:38.644

Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota 1:38.918

Robert Doornbos RBR-Ferrari 1:39.105

Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota 1:39.416

Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:41.549

Yuji Ide Super Aguri-Honda 1:43.164

Last edited by karthik247 : 17th March 2006 at 15:45.
Old 17th March 2006, 19:52   #292
Senior - BHPian

Woohooo, things looking close among the renaults, mclarens, ferraris and hondas. But due to the new rules the practice session times have become even more meaningless thsan before. The clear picture only emerges after qualifying. I expect Mclaren and Honda to do better here...that Mp4-21 is blindlingly fast and hopefully it'll put an end to the reliability issue this weekend.
Old 17th March 2006, 21:17   #293
F50
Senior - BHPian

Well not a good news to start with this weekend ... Michael's car may need engine change due to possible damage to his engine. So he joins Massa for the penalty to ten places.
Hope that all goes well ....
Old 18th March 2006, 14:38   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
and Monty second.... lets see

somehow your predictions do not change much . . . and surprisngly nor do the results.

manson.
Old 18th March 2006, 15:00   #295
Senior - BHPian

This time four drivers David Coulthard, Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa and Rubens Barrichello are facing engine change penalty. Looks like this race is very hard for Ferrari as both Schumi and Massa will lose 10 places. I only hope this reliability problem does not affect Ferrari for whole season as Mclaren had.

Once again Nico Rosberg was very quick, he can be on the podium. Definitely he is one of the best rookies ever.
Old 18th March 2006, 15:22   #296
Team-BHP Support

Fisichella is starting from P1 and Button from P2. Both Williams cars are on the 2nd row. Nico's done wonderfully well. Row 3 has both the McLarens. Alonso is in 7th and both the Ferraris are out of the top 10.
Old 18th March 2006, 15:58   #297
Senior - BHPian

Alonso
Kimi
Button
Old 18th March 2006, 16:14   #298
Senior - BHPian

I would just love to see Rosberg take the podium! He will be starting from row 2. Not bad for someone for whom this is the first f1 GP!!
Old 18th March 2006, 17:05   #299
BHPian

This year its so close, I cant and dont want to predict except that Kimi should be on the podium.....Hope its a great race!
Old 18th March 2006, 18:18   #300
Senior - BHPian

Both the Renaults were very quick but Alonso was 8th because of a fuel rig problem in the final session, because of which much more fuel was filled into his car and it made it heavier.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed