Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2006, 00:22   #496
Team-BHP Support

Shumi is the best the world has seen till date, but as much as i hate to say this alonso is schumi in the making (atleast to some extent), just like kimi is mika in the making.

manson.
Old 8th May 2006, 00:31   #497
Senior - BHPian

Deeps,looks like you are parris.Is there any rule in France that say's you have to support the French to stay in their country?

i was wondering since you are Furiously trying to protect a team that completly lost the plot in the middle stint.Did you see Flavio duriing the first pit-stop.he was doing ,i wonder what he was doing after the second maybe :WTF: .
Old 8th May 2006, 10:06   #498
Team-BHP Support

Chill guys. Keep it clean and don't get personal or else we are gonna have to start handing out temporary bans to people!

p.s. GO Schumi...!
Old 8th May 2006, 15:12   #499
Senior - BHPian

Missed the race last evening, so watched the repeat telecast till 3:30 am I was hoping for some bold overtaking moves, but sadly there was none. Nevertheless, it was brilliant race. Schumi clocked fastest laps when they really mattered the most.

This year's F1 is becoming more and more interesting. I wish, Kimmi or Montoya rediscover their touch as well, just to complicate the matters further.

P.S.: Do I HAVE to hate Alonso to like Schumi?
Old 8th May 2006, 18:09   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Deeps,looks like you are parris.Is there any rule in France that say's you have to support the French to stay in their country?
No, there is not! And in case you didn't know, i don't give a damn about Renault. I am a hardcore MClaren fan! To me Flavio Briatore is as much of an ******* as Ross Brawn or John Toad. BUt Alonso has impressed me immensely since the beginning of last year and I wasn't too disapoointed last year when Mclaren could not win the driver's title as Alonso fully deserved it. And this was long before it was announced that Alonso would join Mclaren in 2007.

Quote:
i was wondering since you are Furiously trying to protect a team that completly lost the plot in the middle stint.Did you see Flavio duriing the first pit-stop.he was doing ,i wonder what he was doing after the second maybe :WTF: .
Like i said i don't give a dman about Renault. And i was not and never have furiously defended Renault. But yes its hard not to do so when people are falsely accusing the winners of crap like spying without any facts to back their claims.
Old 8th May 2006, 18:14   #501
Senior - BHPian

Saw yesterday's telecast and was happy to see Schumi back to winning ways. Goes on to show that Imola was not a flash in the pan. Their pit strategy was fantastic and that was the turning point. It was also good to watch Schumi churn out some blistering laps before pitting for the last time. Hope Kimi also starts doing well. It is an interesting battle going on b'ween FA and MS now. The championship is still wide open with 13-14 races still to go. It is too early to say who wins this year's championship.
Old 8th May 2006, 19:38   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
P.S.: Do I HAVE to hate Alonso to like Schumi?
Hehehe welcome to the club - I like 'em both.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:32   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
But yes its hard not to do so when people are falsely accusing the winners of crap like spying without any facts to back their claims.
Come'on if you are referring to that thread i started it was not if i created that story.i found it on the internet and posted it here.Whether it is true or false is a claim that can be contested,but i very much understand that Flavio is capable of doing something like that.

Also i am more a MS fan than a ferrari fan.The only car company i love is Mercedes-Benz,thats why it felt bad when their engine let go at the ring,but i dont give a damn about Mclaren.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th May 2006 at 21:35.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come'on if you are referring to that thread i started it was not if i created that story.i found it on the internet and posted it here.Whether it is true or false is a claim that can be contested,but i very much understand that Flavio is capable of doing something like that.
Even if Renault was doing what they were alleged to have been doing, it would be against the spirit of fair competition but it would not be illegal. There is no rule that says it is illegal to listen to other teams' radio (and consequently claims of cheating would also be unfounded). But then again one could write a book on ferrari and fair competition.

Quote:
Also i am more a MS fan than a ferrari fan.The only car company i love is Mercedes-Benz,thats why it felt bad when their engine let go at the ring,but i dont give a damn about Mclaren.
Ok then i'll clarify my stance on MS. I believe he is a very competetive driver just as much as Alonso and Kimi are. BUT he is not half as good/great/godlike as his fans claim he is...some of whose knowledge of F1 and MS is limited to knowing that he drives a red car for some team called ferrari.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:29   #505
BHPian

Quote:

Ok then i'll clarify my stance on MS. I believe he is a very competetive driver just as much as Alonso and Kimi are. BUT he is not half as good/great/godlike as his fans claim he is...some of whose knowledge of F1 and MS is limited to knowing that he drives a red car for some team called ferrari.
Shummi is great that is the reason he won his first 2 championship with bennetton(now renault) when it clearly was not the best car around in 94 and 95 where Williams Renault driven by Damon Hill was was a dominant car.

You say that Fonsi impressed you since last season then i guess you haven't been following MS long enough. He was champion with benetton but he left them for a struggling ferrari team in 96 at a time when ferrari drivers used to struggle to finish within the top 10. His first season with ferrari and he came 3rd in the championship behind Williams Renault duo of Damon Hill and Jaques Villenueve.

Year 97, Jacque Villenueve became champion but his battle for the championship with MS went till the last race of the season at Suzuka(Japan). MS had revived Ferrari into the leading group of teams once again after a very long time.

Year 98 and 99 Mika Hakinen became champion and MS came 2nd. During these years Mclaren was a dominant force.

00-w01-02-03-04 was MS all the way. He transformed ferrari into an championship winning team for 5 years on a trot. Thats dominance buddy!

None of Shummi's team-mates have been able to match his pace. Be it Eddie Irvine, Mika Salo, Ruebens Barrichello or even Felipe Massa.

You must have not witnessed a wet race. MS is the crowned prince of rainy conditions. He is famously known as the "Rain Master" where he has often lapped the guy who finshes 2nd. Thats talent!

Finally, i was impressed with Fonsi during his debut season with Minardi(not sure). He is a good driver. But its unfair and way too early to compare him with a legend that Michael Schumacher is.

MS is good/great/god-like for his fans not coz he drives a red car but coz he has proved his greatness well over a decade now.

He has won 86 grand-prixs, well the guy with the next best number is 51 race wins. whereas Fonsi i guess has won what 10-11 races. Its simply too unfair on Alonso to be compared to MS(period)

Last edited by prince85 : 8th May 2006 at 22:38.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:39   #506
Senior - BHPian

Prince85, well said

Yes i agree with Deeps, to an extent MS is over-rated but that doesn't mean hes half as good as everyone say he is...He's the best out there for sure. Records and victories don't come easy without talent, pace and skills.

Saying Alonso is better than Schumacher cuz he happend to win one season is...a bit over-rated too isn't it?? Let him prove by defending his title this year, and the years ahead.

I wouldn't wanna be bragging but, 'IF' Renault hadn't given Alonso such a reliable car last year, he would had a real tough time staying ahead of Kimi who was suffering big time with reliability issues. But then, hats off to Renault for that.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:39   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Shummi is great that is the reason he won his first 2 championship with bennetton(now renault) when it clearly was not the best car around in 94 and 95 where Williams Renault driven by Damon Hill was was a dominant car.

You say that Fonsi impressed you since last season then i guess you haven't been following MS long enough. He was champion with benetton but he left them for a struggling ferrari team in 96 at a time when ferrari drivers used to struggle to finish within the top 10. His first season with ferrari and he came 3rd in the championship behind Williams Renault duo of Damon Hill and Jaques Villenueve.

Year 97, Jacque Villenueve became champion but his battle for the championship with MS went till the last race of the season at Suzuka(Japan). MS had revived Ferrari into the leading group of teams once again after a very long time.

Year 98 and 99 Mika Hakinen became champion and MS came 2nd. During these years Mclaren was a dominant force.

00-w01-02-03-04 was MS all the way. He transformed ferrari into an championship winning team for 5 years on a trot. Thats dominance buddy!

None of Shummi's team-mates have been able to match his pace. Be it Eddie Irvine, Mika Salo, Ruebens Barrichello or even Felipe Massa.

You must have not witnessed a wet race. MS is the crowned prince of rainy conditions. He is famously known as the "Rain Master" where he has often lapped the guy who finshes 2nd. Thats talent!

Finally, i was impressed with Fonsi during his debut season with Minardi(not sure). He is a good driver. But its unfair and way too early to compare him with a legend that Michael Schumacher is.

MS is great not coz he drives a red car but coz he has proved it well over a decade now.
If thats what you think, then thats fine. But i've been following F1 long enough to look into MS's career deeper than just his victories. Thats why i said that he is just as competetive as Alonso and Kimi but i don't respect him half as much.

Last edited by Deeps : 8th May 2006 at 22:41.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:43   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Its simply too unfair on Alonso to be compared to MS(period)
so lets stop it here.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:50   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247

I wouldn't wanna be bragging but, 'IF' Renault hadn't given Alonso such a reliable car last year, he would had a real tough time staying ahead of Kimi who was suffering big time with reliability issues. But then, hats off to Renault for that.
Look at it this way. It was more a case of Mclaren and Kimi blowing their championship hopes rather than Fonsi winning it. For instance, remember last year at the Nurburgring when Kimi was leading Alonso till the final lap before Kimi's Mclaren's suspension let go and Kimi went crashing into the barriers handing victory to Fonsi. Had it not happened then Kimi would have had additional 12 points to his tally. It would have been an easy championship victory for Kimi.

Thats luck. But then if's and but's have no place in Formula 1
Old 8th May 2006, 22:51   #510
BHPian

Quote:
so lets stop it here.
Yup, Time will tell
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks