Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2016, 16:48   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update(95K Kms)

Service Update(95K Kms):

Previous servicing was done at 85K Kms, so decided to do a complete servicing/General Check-up and performed the below replacements as well,
  • Oil/Filter replacement
  • Air Filter replacement
  • AC Filter replacement
  • Fuel Filter replacement
  • Brake Cleaning(as brakes were not touched last 20K Kms)
  • AC duct Cleaning(Again this was never touched till date)
  • One puncture fix
  • Rear doors were checked for some sound
  • General Checkup
- Tires are at 60K Kms now
- Brake disc/rotor and pads will have to be changed in another 5K Kms or before that.

Overall bill amount including the scheduled servicing charges came to 9331.00. Vecto guys delivered the car in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Rain-Sensing Wiper issue:

So, after three attempts to repair this issue, Vecto/Fiat has decided to replace the Windscreen. They claim that there is a small gap between the Rain-sensing holder and the Windscreen. And this is causing the issue. This holder is fixed along with the Windscreen and hence this requires a Windscreen replacement.

They will be replacing this under warranty and this proves that 1L Kms warranty is not an eye-wash. Current ODO is at 94900 Kms .

Now, I will have to find 2-3 days time to get this windscreen replaced.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:32   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Service Update(95K Kms)

95K on the ODO,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161018_123841optimized.jpg

Also, I got the windscreen replaced at the Vecto Motors for the rain-sensing wiper issue. They have done a good work, however I will have to wait for some rains to verify if the issue is completely fixed.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.png

After taking the delivery,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161023_160604optimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:59   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
They have done a good work, however I will have to wait for some rains to verify if the issue is completely fixed.
That's great buddy.

Why not synthesize artificial rain?

Hold a pipe of water on your windscreen to see if the sensing works or no.
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:06   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not synthesize artificial rain?
Hold a pipe of water on your windscreen to see if the sensing works or no.
Those are basics test buddy which were done by FASS and they showed me as well after the replacement of Windscreen. My satisfaction is when it works to perfection during rains.

Even before this replacement, rain sensing wiper used to work when we sprinkle water on the windscreen. But it didn't work properly when it rains. And it is not just about working, it is also about the wiper speed which should keep changing based on the intensity of the rain.

Also, FASS was able to see the real issue only through the videos captured by me because pouring/sprinkling water on the windscreen didn't help much.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:29   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

A mini trip, Bangalore – Madurai - Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi - Tanjore – Chennai – Bangalore.

A mini trip, Bangalore – Madurai - Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi - Tanjore – Chennai – Bangalore.

Distance: 1827 Kms
Duration: 32H:32M
Avg Speed: 56 Kmph
FE: 18.9

This is just before the pamban bridge,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161029_105139optimized.jpg

This on the last stretch of the Dhanushkodi road. Due to some reason, police are still not allowing tourist/private vehicles probably because of the local van operators who will lose business. Upon repeated request, they allowed me.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161029_144323optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161029_144625optimized.jpg

Hit the 96K and 97K mark during this trip,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161029_150525optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161101_123629optimized.jpg

Rain-sensing Wiper Update:

During this trip, it rained a couple of times and both the times it worked flawlessly. So, now it is clear that the issue was due to the minute gap between the windscreen and the rain sensing wiper holder which sits on the windscreen. And the windscreen replacement helped to resolve the issue as the holder comes along with the Windscreen.

Last edited by arun_josie : 2nd November 2016 at 09:55.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:09   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Nice short trip you had Arun . Lovely roads there. I bet you enjoyed a lot.

Nice to have the auto wipers working as expected.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 18:46   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A mini trip, Bangalore – Madurai - Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi - Tanjore – Chennai – Bangalore.

Quote:

Distance: 1827 Kms
Duration: 32H:32M
Avg Speed: 56 Kmph
FE: 18.9
Here is the travelogue of this trip,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...thanjavur.html
Old 22nd November 2016, 09:25   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

99000 Kms update

99000 Kms on the ODO

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161120_151159.jpg

I just feel that this car is getting better and better as it grows old.. just like fine wine. 3 toll-free short drives during the last 2 weeks, each time I loved the time spent behind the wheels.

Tires(Micheline 3ST) after 64000 Kms of usage, they are really holding good.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20161108_114041.jpg

Two MJDs on a dinner drive.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20161119_223130.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:34   #309
Team-BHP Support

Re: 99000 Kms update

Quote:

Tires(Micheline 3ST) after 64000 Kms of usage, they are really holding good.
I thought Michelins were really soft and would last lesser than other options, but this is very impressive.

I've only got 48k kms from the original Goodyear GT3s, 50k kms from the Yokohama DBs and the current set of Continental MC5s have completed 33k kms and looks good for another 15k kms only.

Anyways, decided earlier itself that the next replacement set will be Michelin 3ST.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:45   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I thought Michelins were really soft and would last lesser than other options, but this is very impressive.
CD, that was my impression as well but the XM2s that I have on my Ertiga have run 92,000 kms. If you look at them, there is no signal that they are bald or have lost all life and unusable.

On top of that, it performs to expectations - No bubbles on sidewalls, just one puncture at around 90,000 kms.

Another set of XM2 on the WagonR has also lasted well but due to the age (in its 5th year now) even with 68,000 kms, there are visible cracks on its thread surface and you can really feel the hardness.

So with age (read years and not kms), Michelins will indeed show its true colors but I am quite impressed that its got so much "useful" life and when I say useful, its not just driving but also braking and grip levels.

Quote:
the current set of Continental MC5s have completed 33k kms and looks good for another 15k kms only.
Quote:
Anyways, decided earlier itself that the next replacement set will be Michelin 3ST.
And after having a niggle-free ownership of XM2s in 2 cars, I really look forward to try the continental MC5s this time only because 3STs do not come in 205-60-R15 profile that I will stick to for the Ertiga.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd November 2016 at 10:48.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:19   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
CD, that was my impression as well but the XM2s that I have on my Ertiga have run 92,000 kms.
Even I thought the same initially and expected a life of around 40K Kms, but now it has almost doubled the usage of Goodyears(35500 Kms) which is a harder component. Also, no difference in driving conditions or driving style from day 1, but still 3ST has given a very good life.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:56   #312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
CD, that was my impression as well but the XM2s that I have on my Ertiga have run 92,000 kms. If you look at them, there is no signal that they are bald or have lost all life and unusable.
I think that may be because bulk of your driving may have been on good highways with lower friction. The result may have been different if for more fraction of that distance, the tyres had been subjected to more of daily abuse in touch and go traffic?

Having said that even my Michelins are holding well at 30K+. Quiet some life left. (Mine is a Latitude HT)
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:07   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think that may be because bulk of your driving may have been on good highways with lower friction. The result may have been different if for more fraction of that distance, the tyres had been subjected to more of daily abuse in touch and go traffic?
One of the reasons for sure Ampere and that's not just with the tires - Brake Pads and other wear and tear items too.

The bad road component is really less (can't even say 10%) in my driving. But having said that, in general the latest Michelins passenger car tires have been delivering life comparable to its competitors who claim longer life.

I still remember when XM2 was launched, it had 3 USPs that it boldly advertised and one of them was "less rolling resistance" that it directly correlated to longer life.

Bit again, if you refer to regular stop and go traffic in city with bad roads, both my cars have seen it on a daily rate, at least when I look back the past 6 years before I started to drive super early since last year and take NICE every day since last 3 months.

One of the reasons to change the timing and route was because I was fed up right from clawing at Hebbal even at noon to night when I return. Not to forget the usual B2B traffic within the CBD too.

Lastly, on my highway drives, I am not really a fast driver but stick to speeds so brake the least. And when you brake less, your tendency to accelerate quickly again after slowing down also reduces as you anticipate and remain in good momentum to surge ahead. That would have immensely helped too.

I maintain 33 for front and 29 for rear as per recommendation when I am alone or 2 of us. Else it's 33 and 34/35 for front and rear. So I rule out over inflation as the other reason that may also increase tire life.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 21:10   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

1,00,000 Kms Update

1,00,000 Kms Update:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-31fd749d305a4604b8cface27ef2e564.jpg

Yesterday (27th Nov,2016) was a special day for me and my Linea because we crossed 1,00,000 Kms of partnership. It has been an awesome journey so far, be it on the highway or on the ghats or on the city roads or bad roads or no roads. The experience has been just wonderful. It took 2 years 9 months and 26 days to reach this milestone.

In cricketing terms, when a batsmen enters 90s they call it as nervous 90s. Believe me, I felt the same too as I was nearing the 6 digit mark. I was very restless especially after 99,000 Kms. So, with 500 Kms still to go on the ODO the past weekend, it was a great coincident that a breakfast drive was planned by my friends from the apartment. The drive was a pleasure and thanks to Parag who joined us as well. Total 7 cars and 2 bikes.

Also, before this drive, I got a quick wash and wax done at my friend’s place.

Here are few pics taken during the drive,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5.jpg

At the breakfast place with my friends and parag

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-6.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-7.jpg

All cars parked for a click

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-8.jpg

3 like-minded MJDs ready to hit the tarmac anytime together, especially for unplanned dinner drives. Of course, for long drives too. I have really lost count of such drives.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-9.jpg

By the end of this drive, I was still short of around 100kms to the 1L mark. So, it was a perfect excuse to take the family for a short drive and we hit the 1,00,000 Kms mark exactly at the TN-KA border with truck traffic all around.

Seeing the 1,00,000 mark in the ODO gave an awesome feeling which I really can’t explain. My kids were very happy too to see 99999 and 100000 in the ODO. In fact my elder son started a countdown for the last 10 Kms.

All 9s

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-99999-kms.jpg

Finally

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-100000-kms.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th November 2016 at 21:39.
arun_josie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 21:12   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

1,00,000 Kms update

Some details on the Maintenance of this car:

Wear and tear parts replaced apart from the regular consumables,
  1. From brake pads (@27,434 Kms and @67011 Kms)
  2. All tyres were replaced to Michelin 3ST @ 35582 Kms
  3. Wiper @ 59436 Kms
  4. Timing Chain replaced @ 59436 Kms
Parts replaced under warranty:

The below list is long, but I never faced any inconvenience because most of them were replaced during regular servicing and I didn’t face any issue due to parts unavailability. Also, FASS was proactive in these replacements and I never had to escalate or force them to replace. So, kudos to Fiat and Vecto Motors.

And the standard warranty of 1,00,000 Kms really helped and now I am in to the Extended warranty which runs for another 50000Kms.
  1. Battery Down - Battery replaced
  2. Tak-tak sound on uneven surface – Front Left/Right Shock Absorbers replaced.
  3. Rear Right door not locking intermittently - RR door lock replaced.
  4. Hand Brake was not working properly (intermittently) - Hand Brake lever was replaced.
  5. Front Windscreen sealant was out (this could have been ignored though) - Front Windscreen replaced.
  6. Noise from Steering while turning extreme left and right - Power Steering/Power Steering Oil replaced.
  7. Rattling noise from rear on uneven roads (intermittent) - RR Suspension - Thrust Ring replaced.
  8. FR Head light – Vibration (Observed when the light is ON) - Head Lamp Unit replaced.
  9. Damages in lower arm(Observed during service) – Swinging arm replaced.
  10. Intermittent Air bag error - Battery was replaced after few tests.
  11. Suspension Noise - Suspension Elastic Pad (FR/FL) replaced.
  12. Remote/Auto lock not working(Intermittent) - Actuator on FR and RR doors replaced.
  13. Rain sensing Wiper issue - Front Windscreen replaced after 3 attempts to repair it(this was the issue which required revisits.
Servicing Cost:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-service-history.jpg

Edit: Due to billing error, I have received around 1300/- back. But I missed to deduct the same in the above detail.

Even though the recommendation of service interval is 15000 Kms, I have been doing this every 7500-10000Kms. Also, I had to do the 45000 Kms servicing early due to the Uttrakhand drive in 2015.

Sticking to the recommended service means, the maintenance costs would have come down big time, but since we do frequent highway trips, I prefer doing the service every 7500-10000Kms.

ODO Share

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo-share.jpg

Fuel Efficiency Chart

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe.jpg

Some numbers on Fuel Efficiency

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe-numbers.jpg

Time taken to complete every 10,000 Kms. They are really consistent

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kms-range.jpg

Here are some travelogue links from our drive in Linea,

Uttrakhand Drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nyakumari.html

Konkan Drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-pleasure.html

Panchagani Drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...chgani-mh.html

Shettihali(Rosary Church)/Mangalore: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...wist-plot.html

Chikmagalur drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...loads-fun.html

Rameswaram/Thanjavur: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...thanjavur.html

Links to few mini-updates,

Kolli Hills drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3496344

Wayanad drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3584829

Yercaud drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3749186

Kodaikanal drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3883872

Team Fiat Meet: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3984925

My experience with the KL roads: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4069700

As I have mentioned in one of my earlier update, I just feel that this car is getting better and better as it grows old.. just like fine wine. So, I am looking forward for many more happy miles with this car.

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th November 2016 at 21:27.
arun_josie is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks