Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2018, 11:38   #1261
BHPian
 
Styler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 460
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

I changed this entire assembly to reduce the play in the Gear Lever.
This is the image of the part replaced.
It is 28101-64J01 LEVER, GEAR SHIFT CONTROL Cost Rs 2032.80 + GST
You can order the same if you do not get the bush.
I would recommend that you order the other part (10. 28117-82C02 Seat Lower Rs 125 + GST) too as it is just Rs 125 . That reduces the play.
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-gearassembly.jpg  


Last edited by Styler : 21st September 2018 at 11:43.
Styler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 18:21   #1262
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,512
Thanked: 1,171 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Guys, I was having difficulty sourcing the AC cabin filter for the GV, but i found that the cabin filter for the Creta is an exact fit.
wanderernomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 14:55   #1263
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Hello everyone. I was wondering if I could gather some thoughts about changing the wheels set-up from stock alloys (17 inch) to off-road friendly steel negative offset ones. What would be the impact of downgrading to a 16 inch rim? Can I compensate with a higher profile tyre? Will this impact the way the vehicle behaves on road?

On a separate note, we have another 2.4 manual joining the family now. My very close friend is closing the deal today on a 2011 GV - 2.4lt manual. It has been an interesting experience so far. I'm eager to share our experiences.
sawan_dubey is offline  
Old 12th October 2018, 15:06   #1264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Guys, I was having difficulty sourcing the AC cabin filter for the GV, but i found that the cabin filter for the Creta is an exact fit.
I had ordered one via Mandovi motors on Hennur road (Bengaluru) and I got a call that a few parts have arrived.

I had asked for:

Air filter
AC cabin filter
spark plugs - the dealers told me Suzuki uses Denso sourced sparks. Are there any better alternatives?

I'm getting these 3 things fixed tomorrow. So far, no major issues since my previous service at 95K kms, except for a minor fuel leak from the fuel transfer pipe that connects to the engine (located right up-front near the coolant reservoir). We were on our way to Mysore and my wife swiftly red-flagged petrol smell inside the cabin. I parked the vehicle to the side, switched off the engine and immediately narrowed down the source of leak (nose assist). The fuel pipe had a weak spot at the end that plugs into the nozzle and I used my multi-purpose knife to chop off about half an inch and reconnected the pipes. Voila, no looking back since then.

Still all smiles with the GV Our 8 month old son enjoys traveling with us and he loves watching the scenery go by all day from his child seat! I love the planted feeling (thanks full time 4wd) and exhilaration

I have completed 5K kms in the last 3 months with a trip to the western -ghats, one to Puducherry, and multiple trips to my hometown, Mysuru.
sawan_dubey is offline  
Old 12th October 2018, 15:31   #1265
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BDQ
Posts: 2,755
Thanked: 7,553 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
spark plugs - the dealers told me Suzuki uses Denso sourced sparks. Are there any better alternatives?
If you are fine with standard nickel plugs, the DENSO K20PR-U11 is very good.

However, the NGK Iridium IFR5J11 is a better and longer lasting plug; goes all the way till 1 lac kms without fuss.
vigsom is offline  
Old 12th October 2018, 16:08   #1266
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If you are fine with standard nickel plugs, the DENSO K20PR-U11 is very good.

However, the NGK Iridium IFR5J11 is a better and longer lasting plug; goes all the way till 1 lac kms without fuss.
Thanks for the information. What are the benefits of iridium plugs? any negatives? Also, is NGK Iridium IFR5J11 the full spec to buy this? I'm looking at online options, but is there any other way to buy this locally!
sawan_dubey is offline  
Old 12th October 2018, 17:16   #1267
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,512
Thanked: 1,171 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
I had ordered one via Mandovi motors on Hennur road (Bengaluru) and I got a call that a few parts have arrived.

I had asked for:

Air filter
AC cabin filter
How much did they cost? I bought some after market stuff and the Cabin Filter was for 300 INR while a Sakura Brand Air Filter was for 900 INR. I can see that Aliexpress has the Air Filters for around 500/600 INR. Anyone has an experience of using them?
wanderernomad is offline  
Old 13th October 2018, 11:29   #1268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 710
Thanked: 1,055 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

I fitted the IFR5J11 iridium spark plugs 3 years ago. I have driven about 14000 kms since then.
The iridium plugs are worth the premium. The engine low end traction becomes better and a lot of flat spots are eliminated. Do get the throttle body cleaned at the same time.

A few months ago I got the engine decarbonised using the hydrogen injection system. There was a noticeable improvement in torque and smoothness. Last month I added a can of Nulon E25 to the engine oil. The engine has now become smooth as butter.

I have just replaced the engine air filter with a K&N unit. I have only driven about 5 kms after that. But it looks to be very promising.

I replaced the cabin air filter with one meant for the Creta. This unit does not fit in the normal slot of the OE unit. I applied double side tape on both the width sides and placed it on the bottom of the housing. And I used some foam pieces to pack the whole thing into place.
I plan to order another unit from Aliexpress later.
sridhar-v is offline  
Old 13th October 2018, 14:35   #1269
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
How much did they cost? I bought some after market stuff and the Cabin Filter was for 300 INR while a Sakura Brand Air Filter was for 900 INR. I can see that Aliexpress has the Air Filters for around 500/600 INR. Anyone has an experience of using them?
Suzuki genuine spares - INR 1451



Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I fitted the IFR5J11 iridium spark plugs 3 years ago. I have driven about 14000 kms since then.
..........
I have just replaced the engine air filter with a K&N unit. I have only driven about 5 kms after that. But it looks to be very promising.

I replaced the cabin air filter with one meant for the Creta. This unit does not fit in the normal slot of the OE unit........
Thanks. These look like good next steps for me. Just got back from the service centre. The AC cabin air filter was a fit, but they got the spark plugs and the air filter wrong. I would be grateful if you could tell me how you sourced the NGK spark plugs. Also, are you from Bengaluru? Where are Bengaluru GV owners servicing their vehicles from?
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-screenshot_20181013143406.jpg  


Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th October 2018 at 11:40. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
sawan_dubey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 09:56   #1270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 710
Thanked: 1,055 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
Thanks. These look like good next steps for me. Just got back from the service centre. The AC cabin air filter was a fit, but they got the spark plugs and the air filter wrong. I would be grateful if you could tell me how you sourced the NGK spark plugs. Also, are you from Bengaluru? Where are Bengaluru GV owners servicing their vehicles from?
The iridium spark plugs are readily available on the Maruti spares system. Part no. is 09482-00549. You can order through your MASS or through the Over The Counter Sales outlet. If it is not in stock in Bengaluru the system will order it and you get it within 15 days.

I am from Pune. But i will be more than happy to help you with any issues.
sridhar-v is offline  
Old 14th October 2018, 10:59   #1271
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
The iridium spark plugs are readily available on the Maruti spares system. Part no. is 09482-00549. You can order through your MASS or through the Over The Counter Sales outlet. If it is not in stock in Bengaluru the system will order it and you get it within 15 days.

I am from Pune. But i will be more than happy to help you with any issues.
Fantastic! Thanks for the information. I'll place an order right away. Anyway to find out the air filter part number?

I must have noticed from your display info that you're from Pune

Much obliged with the offer to help out. This is an example of the fabled Tbhp community spirit.

Another question to end this post. Is the SX4's oil filter a direct fit? The service centre guys seem to think so, but I'm wary of their overconfidence.
sawan_dubey is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 10:23   #1272
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 710
Thanked: 1,055 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
........Another question to end this post. Is the SX4's oil filter a direct fit? The service centre guys seem to think so, but I'm wary of their overconfidence.

Air filter : 13780-65J00 I paid 757+tax in 2015
Yes SX4 oil filter fits 16510.61A31 484+tax
Lots of parts are common with SX4 -eg door switches.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th October 2018 at 11:40. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
sridhar-v is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 11:22   #1273
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BDQ
Posts: 2,755
Thanked: 7,553 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
Another question to end this post. Is the SX4's oil filter a direct fit? The service centre guys seem to think so, but I'm wary of their overconfidence.
The sx4 oil filter is 16510M55K00; costs approx 135 rupees.

I have used this filter in all oil replacements so far; perfect fit.
vigsom is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 12:37   #1274
BHPian
 
spgv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 76
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post

I have just replaced the engine air filter with a K&N unit. .
Sir, please share the details
spgv is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 14:45   #1275
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19,520
Thanked: 12,882 Times
Default Re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The sx4 oil filter is 16510M55K00; costs approx 135 rupees.

I have used this filter in all oil replacements so far; perfect fit.
Even in my car SX4 filter was used, the dealer checked on their system and confirmed the part was the same.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks