Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:27   #166
BHPian

Noticed something out of shape (the inside of the rear wheel arch).
Hope it will be taken care of soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060115.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 09:15   #167
JVH
Senior - BHPian

So, finally you stuck to yellow and oh the other colours too

Too early to comment on the finish since its not done yet but personally I felt this colour combo would have suited more on the white background. The owner is happy and that is all that counts ;-)

But should thank you for capturing this in detail. Will be a good reference for fellow owners not only for painting but for the sound deadening part too
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:18   #168

WOW... is all left to say.
I've been following your thread from the beginning and also got inspired to buy the Palio GTX.

The color is great, and the stripes are truly ITALIAN.

Great going!!!
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Havent posted anything in this thread but following it from beginning. Excellent work mate, can't wait to see the final outcome.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:47   #170
Senior - BHPian

Attaboy, that colour combo sure looks cool! I like the stripes on the side--those kinda give a 'don't mess with me' look of a Commanche or Apache warrior.

Unless I see in person, the yellow looks a lot similar to Canary Yellow.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

Nice nice. Now waiting to see the finished product.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Attaboy, that colour combo sure looks cool! I like the stripes on the side--those kinda give a 'don't mess with me' look of a Commanche or Apache warrior.

It is not just similar, it is very close to the Canary Yellow of the S10. This colour too comes under 'Canary Yellow'. In addition to the base colour, we have added today, Xyrellic particles in the clear coat which give their own hue to the colour.

Cheers,
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:41   #173
BHPian

Fantastic looking at the moment.

I was in a thought you might go for the white and hence was gonna suggest you the stickering that goes in the Punto Abarth.

Check this:
Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-fiat_grande_punto_abarth.jpeg

But anyways is there a chance you can add the same on to your Palio GTX with the yellow background? Also coloring the Alloys in contrast to the yellow..
Old 22nd October 2010, 21:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Cool colour, how many coats did they put?

Bit too late now, but it would look cool if you blank out the rear door handles.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th October 2010 at 21:50.
Old 26th October 2010, 07:50   #175
BANNED

This Yellow looks nice on the car but the tricolor IMO is not coming off well on that, can you instead try out gold color for the pattern?
Old 26th October 2010, 07:54   #176

Bloddy hell your car looks Fantastic! Instead of the current graphics though, try what was on the 350 Challenge Stradale. A Tricolor running through the centre of the car!! Looks Damn cool
Old 26th October 2010, 22:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
So, finally you stuck to yellow and oh the other colours too

Too early to comment on the finish since its not done yet but personally I felt this colour combo would have suited more on the white background. The owner is happy and that is all that counts ;-)

But should thank you for capturing this in detail. Will be a good reference for fellow owners not only for painting but for the sound deadening part too
I had narrowed it down to dark green and this yellow. The stripes are an afterthought and there was no way I would change the basic colour to accomodate the stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manarcane View Post
WOW... is all left to say.
I've been following your thread from the beginning and also got inspired to buy the Palio GTX.

The color is great, and the stripes are truly ITALIAN.

Great going!!!
Thanks, glad that you noticed that the green is always on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Havent posted anything in this thread but following it from beginning. Excellent work mate, can't wait to see the final outcome.
Thanks. The interior plastics are getting painted now and then we await the seats before the final fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Thanks Venu saab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Nice nice. Now waiting to see the finished product.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Fantastic looking at the moment.

I was in a thought you might go for the white and hence was gonna suggest you the stickering that goes in the Punto Abarth.

Check this:
Attachment 442249

But anyways is there a chance you can add the same on to your Palio GTX with the yellow background? Also coloring the Alloys in contrast to the yellow..
I have not yet decided on the colour for the alloys . The stripes are not stickers but are painted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Cool colour, how many coats did they put?

Bit too late now, but it would look cool if you blank out the rear door handles.
Thanks. There is essentially a primer, then a very thin coat of white, then 2 coats of base coat (yellow) and a clear coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
This Yellow looks nice on the car but the tricolor IMO is not coming off well on that, can you instead try out gold color for the pattern?
Thought of gold stripes but they just do not show on the yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Bloddy hell your car looks Fantastic! Instead of the current graphics though, try what was on the 350 Challenge Stradale. A Tricolor running through the centre of the car!! Looks Damn cool
Too late, the stripes are painted on and there is a clear coat on it. Besides, I went off stripes through the centre of the car after seeing them on call centre Indicabs and other taxis.

After the striping, the clear coat went on and the other bits and pieces were painted. Here are a few pics of the WIP.

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060120.jpg

Above & below: Pics of the car still in the booth after the clear coat was sprayed on.

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060122.jpg

A few pics of the outside of the car after it came out of the booth:

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060311.jpg

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060313.jpg

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060315.jpg

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060316.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060317.jpg

A view of Absynthguzzler, Vip3r and my handiwork

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060318.jpg

Inside the doors too.

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060319.jpg

The most imp. part to get the sound damping treatment - my footwell!

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060320.jpg

Passenger's footwell

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060321.jpg

Above & below: The left doors got pasted

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060322.jpg

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060323.jpg

The footwells in the rear get covered

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060324.jpg

. . . . as does the rear wheel arch

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060325.jpg

The engine bay got a coat of paint - as best as they could without removing the engine.

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060326.jpg

The alloy wheels with a coat of primer

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060327.jpg

F & R bumpers, chip guards, spoiler etc. painted

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060328.jpg

The dashboard after one coat of paint.

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060329.jpg

Above & below: I was just playing with the camera (no smileys left).

Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9-p1060330.jpg

Next stages - the whole car is assembled and then polished.

Cheers,
Old 26th October 2010, 22:49   #178
BHPian

Simply stunning! What have you planned for the seats?
Old 27th October 2010, 09:22   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Simply stunning! What have you planned for the seats?
Thanks. The front seats and door-pads get a complete re-build. All seats, doorpads, steering wheel and gear knob get covered in tan leather.

Cheers,
Old 27th October 2010, 09:25   #180
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I take my words back on the white colour. This is looking simply superb. Can't wait to see the final output.

Regarding the seats, by complete re-build you mean you are planning to pad up with hug and lumbar supports? That would be a great idea.

BTW, rated 5 stars for this excellent detailing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks