Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 19:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.. Enjoy the ride.

And do post the pics.. The Palio looks great in orange IMO
Old 27th April 2009, 11:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
A typo Ravvee? Must be...
No not a typo, I did put in Diesel engine oil to flush out any sediments. Seeing that the oil was clear after about 200 Km, I have moved to Mobil 1 now. Also see the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-oil-fuel.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
btw adding 2T oil would help to solve the dead spot issue? i thought 2T oil is not good for new gen cars??
It worked! The engine now runs smoothly all the way to the red line. The dead spot is gone and the power delivery is seamless. Perhaps, the GTX did not read the material saying that it is not supposed to work in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Did not touch base with your thread until today...WOW the 15" Linea alloys would look good on your GTX. But I really did like the OE Alloys you had. When we met in the evening, you overtook me near a U-Turn and they looked hot, sad to see them go.
Those 'telephone dials' were definitely unique and look mean when spinning. Unfortunately, given their condition there was no way I could continue with them.

I will have to check with Srinivas on the progress over the week end while I was driving to Chirala and back with fellow TBHPians in Hyderabad's first 2 day (overnight) drive meet.

Cheers,
Old 27th April 2009, 13:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

woah, linea wheels huh, must look good, post some pics once done

good to know you too pick up stuff from autostart, been their customer from last 5 years and no complaints, who do you deal with ashok or suresh?
Old 28th April 2009, 13:06   #49
BHPian

Hey Raveee,

Welcome to the 1.6 GTX owners club. went through the complete thread and wonderfully detailed buying experience of the beauty. Am sure you will enjoy the drive once all the work is done.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write-up Raveendra!

Congrats & Enjoy the Italian beast!
Old 30th April 2009, 01:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 29th April

Having given the GTX to Srinivas on Friday, I was driving my Tank for 5 days and was getting withdrawal symptoms! Fortunately Srinivas brought the car back in the evening.

The following work was completed: Changing the front wheel bearings. Replacing the disc rotors and brake pads (front). Cleaning the radiators. Changing the engine oil and gear oil. Changing the head-lamps. Changing the horns (not nice - need to get a better set). The parts suppliers have thrown their hands up re the struts so the car goes to Prabhu of New Mars who has already placed the order for the struts, springs, bearings, rubber bushes, stoppers etc.

We drove off to Ashoka Wheels where Ritesh had obtained the Pirelli P7s in 195/55 R15s to be fitted onto the Linea 6.0 15R wheels. The new wheels were put onto the car in about 15 minutes. Then we realised that the old wheel bolts were too long and were jamming the wheels. A dash to Auto-Start down the road and we got a set of wheel bolts for steel rims (Rs. 960/-). The bolts were quickly changed and the car was ready to hit the road. The Pirellis cost Rs.4250/- each and the set of 4 wheels cost Rs.13,000/-. I must say that it is money well spent. The car feels lighter now. The tyre cushioning too is much better. The new wheels make the car look distinctive and very handsome.

Later in the night I took the car for a short spin and filled petrol. There is a perceptible difference in the engine, it is smoother than before. The head lights too are much better but need focussing. I think it is time to invest in better bulbs, perhaps Osram Nightbreakers or Phillips Vision plus. If that does not do the trick I will have to buy extra lamps - perhaps Hella Rallye (too heavy) or Lightforce (too expensive). The shock absorbers are totally shot now.

I look forward to the day I can finally drive the car properly. The extra money spent on wheels, tyres etc. means I will have to put off the painting for a bit. An external detailing, polish and wet look coat will have to suffice for now.

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 10:07   #52
BHPian

Super Ravee!

I think you should post the updated pics of your car too along with updated content!

Waiting too see the Palio in new wheels!
Old 30th April 2009, 10:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Attaboy Ravvs, that's money well spent!
Waiting with bated breath to see you GTX after it is fully ready.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

can we have just one pic with the linea alloys.

congrats again
Old 30th April 2009, 15:11   #55
BHPian

Congrats on the car bro.. One of the most powerful hatchbacks in the history of Indian Automobile Industry.
Old 30th April 2009, 19:05   #56
BHPian

Ravendra,

Good to hear you are getting the parts onto the car at a very fast pace. Waiting to see the day when the whole package will be ready to blast on next Hyd meet. I think we are going to have a fiat rally, if I am not mistaken there are 4 Fiat's in the CUG.

BTW what is the wet look coat you are talking about?
Old 30th April 2009, 19:48   #57
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Great progress and review Ravveendra!

Am not sure but you are the only GTX owner on 15" on T-BHP. Most of us are using the original OEM combo.

Regarding the spare parts, what is the waiting time you are experiencing?

Once done with your upgrade, would appreciate if you could brief us on the approx cost of the mechanical changes done. Thanks!
Old 30th April 2009, 19:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Need some pics and could you list down all the parts that are changed with price for each .Thanks.

Last edited by black12rr : 30th April 2009 at 19:56.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Update and costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Great progress and review Ravveendra!

Am not sure but you are the only GTX owner on 15" on T-BHP. Most of us are using the original OEM combo.

Regarding the spare parts, what is the waiting time you are experiencing?

Once done with your upgrade, would appreciate if you could brief us on the approx cost of the mechanical changes done. Thanks!
I did notice that there are not too many queries / posts regarding tyre upsizes on the GTX. Perhaps this is due to the eye-catching OE stuff. I have not noticed any issues with the 15" wheels shod with 195/55s. The initial pick-up has reduced thanks to the larger dia. but we also shift up later. The steering is lighter and the tyre cushioning is much better with the P7s.

Most parts came off the shelf or within a day. Auto-start were unable to source the struts. New Mars has placed and reconfirmed the order for the suspension parts including struts, the max. waiting time is 1 week.

I have not paid anything yet towards labour charges. I will indicate the same as and when i do pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Need some pics and could you list down all the parts that are changed with price for each .Thanks.
The pics will come (at their own leisurely pace). I have already posted the price of each and every part I have bought.

Update

Today was a quiet day. I picked up a set of 'windtone' horns Rs. 450/- and got them fitted in. We also removed the Logos from the wheels and put the wheels and tyres up for sale.

I calculated the FE after last night's refill. The car seems to be returning about 9 kmpl. this figure will be low as the car was being checked & done up which necessarily means a lot of engine idling or being revved when stationary (the A/c. chap ran the engine for about half an hour at medium revs).

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 23:19   #60
BHPian

a noob question - is there any difference between the Palio GTX that Ravveendra has bought and the Palio 1.6 Stile thats on sale these days apart from the design changes?

And yeah, please post a few pics of those linea wheels on your car. Congrats once again!

Last edited by sai_ace : 30th April 2009 at 23:24. Reason: typo

Most Viewed