Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 20:21   #1051
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I would like to have a copy, thank you very much. Would you be comfortable in mailing it ? The other option is for me to collect it on a cd from you, when I visit Poona next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have the Australian Lancer (similar to Cedia) workshop manual in PDF.

I can upload it somewhere if anyone is interested.
Size is 57 MB.
Old 28th November 2014, 11:25   #1052
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I would like to have a copy, thank you very much. Would you be comfortable in mailing it ? The other option is for me to collect it on a cd from you, when I visit Poona next month.

I found the link from where I downloaded it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11194050/Wor...hop_Manual.rar

Let me know when you are in Pune. I have a 3000 KM trip starting 20 December.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 13:47   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the link, I will be there a bit after your trip starts.

Quote:
I found the link from where I downloaded it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11194050/Wor...hop_Manual.rar

Let me know when you are in Pune. I have a 3000 KM trip starting 20 December.
Old 21st December 2014, 21:33   #1054
Senior - BHPian

On Kerela trip. Car has three problems.
1. Grinding noise came -perhaps from gear box- three or four times. That was some 500 km earlier. The noise has not come back, but I find the gear shifter to be a little hard, especially third gear.
2. Car starts at first crank one out of three times. Art other times, the car plays completely dead when I try to crank. Battery is new. What could be wrong?
3. The cigarette lighter socket had come off from inside and does not work. There is a metal ring inside and it seems to have got separated from the actual socket. I tried to take off the central console near the gear shifter, but could not figure out how to remove it.

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st December 2014 at 21:37.
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:28   #1055
Senior - BHPian

October – went on a trip to Chandigarh – 5 adults and one kid onboard. Drove very sedately at 80 km/hr during the total 650 kms trip and for FE of over 15kmpl. Was extremely impressed with the FE. First time in over 1.1 lac kms did I drive the cedia like this over a 500 kms stretch. The bosh spark plugs have increased the overall efficiency to 10-11 in city again 9 which I was getting earlier. I still need to get one ignition cable changed.
November – Got the head lamp switch changed under recall. It hardly took 5 mins to replace it.

Met Khoj (Tarunji) at Raju’s place and he has already done the honours by posting the pic here. I must say – i was blown away by the condition of his car. Still looks pristine – and did I say I love the steak blue colour. Discussing a little about our new financial service (start-up) with Tarunji, I must say he is a very intelligent mind – he got the gist of it within 5 mins of talking to him.

On one occasion while going from raja garden to dhaula kuan, I had just entered the maya puri flyover when a cargo three wheeler – in the middle lane – all of a sudden decided to come in right lane. A new i20 elite in front of me braked hard. I too had to brake hard. Both the i20 and myself (in cedia) managed to stop in time. However, a baleno behind me failed and failed miserably. I was quiet a jolt I must say. I expected considerable damage to both cedia and the car behind. Got out to see the damage – Baleno – broken bumper, broken headlamp, bend hood, bend headlight support, bend condenser, broken radiator with leaking coolant. Cedia – a few more scratches on bumper. Only I know how I managed resist myself to not laugh at the baleno guy. He couldn’t believe the damage to his car considering there was no damage to the cedia. He was like - which ‘beep’ car is this.

December – Brother-in-law took the car and had a flat rear left tyre. This was the same tyre that was pinched earlier this year and was installed with a tube. My brother in law (who was going to a wedding) drove the car to a nearly pump and asked the punchure guy to install the spare tire. The punchure tire, which has considerable life in it, is only worth of being a spare tire now. The bridgestone tube also went kaput. The good news was that the spare tire still has life in it and can be used as a normal tire. The yokos have done 50k kms and can run for another 5k kms.

Also went to Agra in December to show Taj to a friend who came from UK. The Yamuna expressway was mesmerizing. Covered 160 kms in about an hour including tolls. Simply loved it. The cedia, now over 1.32 lac kms, drove like a dream.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:10   #1056
Senior - BHPian

My Cedia has a likely starter solenoid switch problem. Car does not start after it gets hot.
What is approximate part cost?
Old 29th December 2014, 20:26   #1057
BHPian

battery of my cedia went kaput today. Need to replace.
I could not find capacity spec (AH) in owner's manual.
Can someone pls suggest a good battery make/model for cedia?
Old 29th December 2014, 22:32   #1058
Senior - BHPian

I have been using an AC Delco in my Cedia, see details in this old post of mine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3031692

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:27   #1059
Senior - BHPian

I am back from my 3000 KM trip to Kerela. We were four adults and 1 child. Plus there was a boot full of luggage for 10 days including wedding dresses.

The best mileage was 14.86 and the worst was 11.36.
The fuel price varied from 69.11 in Pune to 59.27 in Mahe.
Kerela has cheaper fuel at around Rs. 65.

Car is now at 1.27 lac KMs.

As described earlier, there were three issues, out of which one did not come back (grinding noise from the gear box) and one was fixed (cigarette lighter not working) in Thrissur.
The other issue was the car not starting after running for some time. This was checked by an electrician in Thekkady and he concluded that there is a contact problem when you turn the key. The other key did no better.

So now, I really need to put a lot of inward pressure while turning the key to start the car. Else the car does not start. The cold start/ hot start is no longer relevant.

I am not sure what part has got a problem (contacts were cleaned by opening up the cover below the steering wheel). Probably it is best to visit the A.S.S. and ask them if they can diagnose.

In other news, I felt the performance was on the lower side with the load in the car - perhaps air pressure was not optimal.

I also noticed that I need to rev the engine a bit to get the car moving forward in bumper to bumper situation. Clutch set was replaced last year.

Other than this, the door outer black parts (plastic?) have got faded badly. I need to get the part number to get a replacement.
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:47   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine did that an year ago suddenly when I as on tour to Trivandrum. I got replaced with "Amaron Flo" and is working just fine.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:40   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a day before the trip, Cedia decided not to start.
I had been facing this issue of car not starting sometimes (only after several attempts, the car would start, otherwise it would pretend to be dead).

So, in order to rule out battery problem, I just swapped battery from my Maruti Zen (which was just one month old). I think it is 35 Ah battery, but I am not 100% sure.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 01:26   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a day before the trip, Cedia decided not to start.
I had been facing this issue of car not starting sometimes (only after several attempts, the car would start, otherwise it would pretend to be dead).

So, in order to rule out battery problem, I just swapped battery from my Maruti Zen (which was just one month old). I think it is 35 Ah battery, but I am not 100% sure.
Would the car crank ? or would it play dead?
If the Key/Lock on the steering has some lose contact or dust Try spraying some WD40

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd January 2015 at 09:17.
Old 3rd January 2015, 08:35   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Would the car crank ? or you it would play dead?
If the Key/Lock on the steering has some lose contact or dust Try spraying some WD40
The car plays dead.
The entire contact area was removed and cleaned, yet, no improvements.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20141224_161337080.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20141224_161342926.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20141224_161820008.jpg
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:43   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Got the head lamp switch changed under recall. It hardly took 5 mins to replace it.

– in the middle lane – all of a sudden decided to come in right lane. A new i20 elite in front of me braked hard. I too had to brake hard. Cedia – a few more scratches on bumper. Only I know how I managed resist myself to not laugh at the baleno guy. He couldn’t believe the damage to his car considering there was no damage to the cedia. He was like - which ‘beep’ car is this.

Dear Gaurav,

What exactly was replaced? Was it the switch ? or the circuit behind the switch?

Indeed the cedia is! The car has a solid metal beam behind the bumper! along with a heavy styrofoam packing. I am surprised your bumper did not crack!

Quote:
The car plays dead.
The entire contact area was removed and cleaned, yet, no improvements.
Usually when a car doesn't crank battery is at fault 90% of the time. But you mention battery was replaced.
Is there any corrosion in the battery terminals?
Check the fuse too, if nothing works then this might your starter motor going bad.
Old 3rd January 2015, 13:28   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Battery is perfect.
We need to push the key in firmly and then turn the car ON. So, nothing wrong with starter motor as well.

I think the lock assembly has a problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks