Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 15:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

wow good parts of narrations shared devnath, enjoying them and please continue them till the end with all details revealing your hariya's photu as well.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:22   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow good parts of narrations shared devnath, enjoying them and please continue them till the end with all details revealing your hariya's photu as well.
Thanks Vijay, Hariya's photu coming up this weekend for sure.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

fantatisc news then. So monday morning i have to start by seeing the pic and the remaining story and then the office mails. By the way hope to get your service on PDI's when i try to get beast of my own. Hope to have you free at that time.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:19   #34
BANNED

Moolah....From where??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
fantatisc news then. So monday morning i have to start by seeing the pic and the remaining story and then the office mails. By the way hope to get your service on PDI's when i try to get beast of my own. Hope to have you free at that time.
Sure Shishir, no issues, I d be glad to do your vehicle's PDI. Now here is my remaining story continued.....

The Moolah part now.
I had decided to opt for finance from a private bank "only" if I was not eligible for a nationalised bank. There was a catch though. I had just 3 weeks to close the deal. The owner was supposed to move to the US on the 25th proviso. I had a marriage to attend on the 24th and another one on the 27th and another one one 1st. I had mentally made up my mind to go to all these marriages with Hariya.
It didnt seem to be very difficult.

I reached office and began to call all banks enquiring about their interest rates etc.Nationalised banks hardly replied positively but for one sentence "Come to the branch and enquire". ICICI and HDFC were in their usual 15-16% slabs. I called an agent who had advertised SBI car loans on JustDial and he said the process would take 2 weeks at least and he would charge me 2% commission of the loan amount. I refused.
The next day, before reaching office, I went to UCO bank and was told that their % rate is 11.5% but having an ITR was mandatory. Form-16 wouldnt suffice.
From there, I procceeded to SBI Loan Hub. The lady gave me a shocking piece of information. Though the interest rate for new cars is 8% for the 1st year, the same in case of used cars 15.5%. I walked out and reached office.

Luckily, there is a Canara Bank right below my office and an HDFC Bank behind it. I also toured Citibank, Deustche Bank, ABN Amro, IDBI, Kotak Mahindra and Axis Bank offices personally but could not find anything lower than 11.5% offered by UCO Bank.HDFC Bank offered me a "special" rate of 13%.
It seemed ok.
I walked into Canara Bank at 1530HRS and tried to enquire. I was told "Go to the hub and ask, we will not know".

The Retail Hub was another 1/2kms away. I walked down and saw a lounge with a couple of sofas and a closed door beyond it which said "entry restricted". There were 2 stern faced men at a couple of desks answering queries in a gruff manner. I walked upto one of them and asked them. "Sir,I wanted to enquire about the used car loan". Without looking up, he said, "Go to your Branch,not here". I said, "Sir, the branch told me to come to you". "Please help me". He looked up.
I felt as though God had looked down.

He went inside and came back in a few minutes.

"75% of valuation financed, 6 yrs repayment time, vehicle should be less than 3 years old, 8.5% for the 1st year, 9.5% for the next and 10% there onwards, now go".

I was elated. I wrote down all this on a piece of paper and left the place.
- to be continued...
Old 15th November 2009, 15:30   #35
BANNED

Pics, Finally...!!!

Hi All,
As promised, and courtesy HappyWheels, please find below Hariya's pics shot today.

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4489.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4490.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4494.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4495.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4498.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4500.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4501.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4502.jpg
Old 15th November 2009, 15:38   #36
BANNED

Safari Vs Scorpio: A pictorial comparo

This is a small, "friendly" photo session of the 2 most popular SUVs in India today..For your eyes only

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4506.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4507.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4508.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4509.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4510.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4511.jpg

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-100_4512.jpg
Old 15th November 2009, 16:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

wow, your car looks superb and in neat condition.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

^^ Vijay,

It also rides like a dream! A very silent engine and pulls like no ones business.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
^^ Vijay,

It also rides like a dream! A very silent engine and pulls like no ones business.
i bet is surely does, and also what i like is its older bumpers which fulfills its macho looks and grin, unline new one which doesnt goes well with scorpio's looks.
Two beast parked alongside looks cool.
Old 15th November 2009, 17:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

oh, i missed this thread for long.

congrats devdath, good choice of car & colour. the car appears to be very well maintained. wish you miles of happy motoring in your scorpio.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:00   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow, your car looks superb and in neat condition.
Thank You Vijay, I m glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
^^ Vijay,

I m Happy that Happy is Happy after taking Hariya out for a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
oh, i missed this thread for long.

congrats devdath, good choice of car & colour. the car appears to be very well maintained. wish you miles of happy motoring in your scorpio.
Thanks Raj, for your wishes. Looking forward to a lifetime association with him.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Few things I noticed in the Scorpio today, small but useful things

1. Access to the head lights is very easy. The casing is such that doing a headlight upgrade is the easiest thing to do! Very thoughtful since most of our driving population upgrade.

2. The brakes are effective even if the engine is not running! A great feature. I do not understand why this is not a standard feature.

3. The gear throws are shorter; quite contrary to what one might expect from that thin long rod.
Old 16th November 2009, 00:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi All,
As promised, and courtesy HappyWheels, please find below Hariya's pics shot today.
Dev - the vehicle appears to be in excellent condition. Good buy indeed. I thought you mentioned that you had a Scorpio 4WD when we met for the PDI of my Safari!!
Old 16th November 2009, 07:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats devdath on the purchase. The scopio does look impeccably maintained. Wish you many kmsof happy motoring

Slightly OT: I see both the ORVM's folded. Do you not use them?
Old 16th November 2009, 09:33   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Dev - the vehicle appears to be in excellent condition. Good buy indeed. I thought you mentioned that you had a Scorpio 4WD when we met for the PDI of my Safari!!
Thanks dude,
Sorry if you misunderstood me, though I d love to have a Scorp 4x4, what I have is a 2 wheel drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats devdath on the purchase. The scorpio does look impeccably maintained. Wish you many kms of happy motoring

Slightly OT: I see both the ORVM's folded. Do you not use them?
Thank You MileCruncher,
You are correct, I try to use the ORVMs only on the highways and use the inside rear view mirror in the city coupled with craning my neck out of the window like a giraffe while turning.
The reason being the fact that I have seen too many broken ORVMs on other vehicles due to their virtue of being open in the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks