Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 10:13   #181
Senior - BHPian

@Dev, nice pics. Hariya looks good. But I didn't get the idea of those flowers. I mean where was it hung. By the way I thought a series of photos will be uploaded when you asked the question on how to resize the snaps. Where are they??
Old 10th March 2010, 10:22   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Dev, nice pics. Hariya looks good. But I didn't get the idea of those flowers. I mean where was it hung. By the way I thought a series of photos will be uploaded when you asked the question on how to resize the snaps. Where are they??
Thanks, those flowers were hung from the coat hook above the front passenger seat. They were wild flowers purchased somewhere after Honnavar. These are the resized snaps that I have uploaded. Local Goa pics will follow now.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures Dev!

I see that you still drive with both your mirrors closed.

May god save you!!!
Old 10th March 2010, 10:41   #184
BANNED

Goa Pics

Below are a few pics of Goa that we took. I m sure TBHP is full of such usual pics and will hence post only a few of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-bomjesuschurch.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-boringmandovicruise.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-centraljail_goa.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-dolphinsighting.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-enroute_dophincruise.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-fortaguadawatertank.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-panjim-roads.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-niceroundaboutbesidemandovibridge.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-lavishbunglow.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 10:44   #185
Senior - BHPian

By the way @Dev, how did hariya manage the whole trip. What was the FE you got. Hey in one the snaps I could se the fins of a fish. Was it a SHARK by any chance
Old 10th March 2010, 10:51   #186
BANNED

Quote:
By the way @Dev, how did hariya manage the whole trip. What was the FE you got. Hey in one the snaps I could se the fins of a fish. Was it a SHARK by any chance
That was a dolphin. Those pictures belong to a Dolphin cruise that we took at the Coco Beach and that bunglow and the Jail were sighted during the same cruise.
Mileage and other details coming up soon..
Old 10th March 2010, 11:35   #187
BANNED

Some More Church and Temple Pics

Some more Temple and Church Pics from Goa follow:
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-mangeshitempleentrance.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-mangeshitempleinside.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-pulpit.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-shantadurgaentrance.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-shantadurgainside.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-stassisichurchdesc.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-stassisichurchfront.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-stfrancisxavierchurch.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-stfrancisxavierinside.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 14:42   #188
BANNED

After spending 3 days at Goa, we left for Shirdi via Goa-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Kolhapur-Pune-Sangamner-Shirdi.

Shirdi was a quick one day trip where we reached in the afternoon and left by dinner time. Took the Shirdi-Nagar-Pune-Bangalore route this time and reached Bangalore by evening.

Now for some stats:
Total kilometers clocked-2600 approx.
Best mileage-15.05 kmpl
Worst mileage-13.09 kmpl
Avg mileage on 2 tankups-14.18 and 13.67 kmpl.

As expected, Hariya was a darling on the highways. Good roads, bad roads, no roads, night or day, he just went on and on. The ac when used was an absolute chiller and I did not keep it more than speed 2 at any time.

I found the handling more than adequate, the ride across all types of roads comfortable and confidence, excellent. No issues whatsoever. OE headlights are more than sufficient and I didn't switch on the fogs either. The only upgrade I would remotely consider is probably the OE sound system speakers.

He has now clocked 32500kms and is due for a service this weekend or the next.
Let me sign this short update off with a few finishing pics of Hariya en-route Shirdi-Bangalore.

All ears folks...
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-departing-fromshirdi.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-atdaybreak.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-showingoffnearbelgaum.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-readyformore.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 14:53   #189
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic signoff dude and dude check this link now. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1775308
Old 10th March 2010, 15:19   #190
BHPian

I thought that you were supposed to be in delhi with ur scorp and then to goa from there!?! anyways, am back sound and safe especially after having a high speed crash on my way back to delhi from knp.. courtesy nilgai.. all passengers fine.. the driver (on of my friends is fine now, has come out of the shock! i on the other hand, missed my flight making it the most expensive holi of my lifetime (includes my friend's car damages too as we are going to share the expenses)!
Old 10th March 2010, 15:24   #191
Senior - BHPian

@Dev, Planned to goto Delhi and then to Goa. I thought it was only upto Shirdi.

Sorry Dev for taking this thread to other things.
@Bantejas, what happened and which vehicle was it.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:33   #192
BANNED

For Your Eyes Only...!!!

Quote:
Fantastic signoff dude
Wow, that was a suprise from you Shishir, thanks a lot buddy..
Let me add a couple of more pics, just for you here...
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-conqueror.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-risenshine.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 15:36   #193
Senior - BHPian

Man you are really teasing me with the beauty. Never-the-less a good photo and good travelogue. I hope you could have opened a new thread ion the travelogue section for the shirdi trip
Old 10th March 2010, 15:57   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
I thought that you were supposed to be in delhi with ur scorp and then to goa from there!?! anyways, am back sound and safe especially after having a high speed crash on my way back to delhi from knp.. courtesy nilgai.. all passengers fine.. the driver (on of my friends is fine now, has come out of the shock! i on the other hand, missed my flight making it the most expensive holi of my lifetime (includes my friend's car damages too as we are going to share the expenses)!
Hey, thats bad news man, are you all right now?? Well the plan initially was Blr-Singrauli-Del-Goa-Shirdi-Blr but the route got shortened due to non availability of leaves for Priti. So I had to manage with just Blr-Goa-Shirdi-Blr. Planning a Ladakh trip in Aug though and few short trips before that. Lets see.

Quote:
@Dev, Planned to goto Delhi and then to Goa.
Yeah, that was the initial plan but she couldnt get enough leaves for it. :(
Old 10th March 2010, 16:19   #195
BHPian

Some random nilgai came on our way from nowhere when we were cruising at 90-100kph in the night somewhere 70 kms from delhi.. thankfully there wasn't even a single truck else I do not know what would have happened.
It wasn't the driver's mistake at all, as it just came out from the dark from the other side of the road. actually my friend didn't swerve the car on the nth moment, just firmly on to the steering! this saved more damage I guess.

@shishir: the car was hyundai accent GLE 2007 model. the accent took most of the brunt. the estimate has come upto 1.4L right now. thankfully we all escaped without a single scratch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey, thats bad news man, are you all right now?? Well the plan initially was Blr-Singrauli-Del-Goa-Shirdi-Blr but the route got shortened due to non availability of leaves for Priti. So I had to manage with just Blr-Goa-Shirdi-Blr. Planning a Ladakh trip in Aug though and few short trips before that. Lets see.

Yeah, that was the initial plan but she couldnt get enough leaves for it. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks