Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:34   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went on a small drive for about 100kms this Sunday and parked Hariya next to a Fortuner in silver and I must say, he had more gleam than that 24 lac luxury SUV
There you go Dev, arent we all very proud of our rides. Good acquisition.

Happy Motoring.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:04   #167
BHPian

Devdath,
Late congrats on Hariya, hadnt seen the thread. Great deal!
Hows the Bull bar story coming?
and the irritation completely out ( mean the dent, no sign of it?)

Cheers
San
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:38   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Could you provide me with their number so i could contact them?
The name of the company is Auto Vega and the name of the person is Anand. You can reach him at:9008762514. I have called him as well, you may refer my name if you feel like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Happy Motoring.
Yep, we indeed are, and hope to continue to be, for a long time to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Devdath,
Hows the Bull bar story coming?
( mean the dent, no sign of it?)
Well, the search is still on, for something a bit smaller if available in the market but of good quality. The dent is not completely out but it is more than 90% unnoticeable now, enough for me to ignore it. Moreover, I regard it as a sign to ward off bad omens now.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:15   #169
BANNED

Some Pics

Uploading a couple of pics of the "Paintless Dent Removal" done by Auto Vega. One of the pics shows the suction cup being stuck to the door and another one being pulled out using the puller. All this was done at my home last weekend along with a wash and polish job for Hariya.
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-image018.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-image019.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-image020.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-image025.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 16:06   #170
BANNED

Off to Goa and Shirdi today

We are off to Goa and Shirdi today evening and will be back on the 6th. Needless to say, both of us equally excited,me and Hariya..
Old 27th February 2010, 18:22   #171
BHPian

Have a fun and safe trip.
Old 27th February 2010, 19:14   #172
Senior - BHPian

So finally Hariya is going for a long trip. So one more treat and story from @Dev on the travelouge-- Shiridi trip.
NIce to see the thread being updated after 2 months gap. Have a nice and safe journey
Old 28th February 2010, 15:58   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
We are off to Goa and Shirdi today evening and will be back on the 6th. Needless to say, both of us equally excited,me and Hariya..

Have a safe and a fun filled trip, Dev!
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:59   #174
BANNED

At Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Have a fun and safe trip.
Thanks Unni

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So finally Hariya is going for a long trip. So one more treat and story from @Dev on the travelouge-- Shiridi trip.
NIce to see the thread being updated after 2 months gap. Have a nice and safe journey
Yup, a travelogue is in the making and will put it up once we are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Have a safe and a fun filled trip, Dev!
Thanks, and will meet up once we are back..

Update:
Took the Tumkur-Shimoga-Honnavar-Karwar-Goa route and reached Goa in 10.5 HRS from BIAL with a break of 1 hour for lunch.
Explored North and South Goa yesterday with a guided tour. Intend to chill out on some quiet beach today till late in the night.
Will start for Shirdi tommorow afternoon/evening and then back to Bangalore.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:45   #175
BANNED

Back From Shirdi.

We reached Bangalore day before yesterday night after enduring the usual horrible traffic at Nelamangla. Yesterday consisted of a Domino's Cheese Burst Veg Extravaganza for breakfast, Kaati Rolls at the airport for lunch and then she was off to Delhi at 18:55HRS, supposedly though.
We, me and Hariya drove back home and I was surprised to receive a call from her at 2000HRS.She and the entire plane load of passengers were back at Blore since the aircraft had developed "Oil Leakage" and was flown back. SpiceJet promised a repair within an hour which didnt happen. Then the promised a back up aircraft by 1230HRS which too didnt happen.
She was finally able to board the repaired/backup. ..whatever flight from BIAL at 0330HRS and reached Delhi at 0530HRS today morning and is back at office, working. I pity her.

The trip was good. Below are a few updates/experiences /feelings etc.
1.The road from Tumkur-Goa via Honnavar-Karwar is good and sparsely trafficked but the winding nature of the road ensures that the average speeds are at best, average (85-90km/hr).

2. Yes, Goa roads are excellent but the real icing on the cake is the driving culture of the GA registered vehicles. Sane, patient, mannered, devoid of and monkey tricks and zig-zags on the road. It was easy to spot an outstation vehicle just by looking at the vehicles ahead or behind you.

3. I have heard that Mumbaikars drive very well in Mumbai. No drastic lane changes, use proper signals everywhere etc etc. If this is true then I guess they use Goa as their safety valve to release all that pressure build up at Mumbai. The worst driven vehicles on Goa roads were MH-01-MH-04 vehicles.
4. Like I mentioned earlier, we stayed at GTDC Miramar and I would recommend the place to anyone who has or intends to rent a mode of self driven transport in Goa. Conveniently located, well maintained and reasonably priced. We relished the food at Mum's Kitchen (Ollie's recommendation) and at the Ritz near the old High Court at Panjim. Tasted crabs for the first time in my life and, they were interesting, though I took more than an hour to finish it....!!

5. We took both the guided tours to North Goa and South Goa and am happy we did it. Those trips gave us a good estimation of the roads of Goa and we were confident of driving around on our own after that.

6. The Mandovi river cruise was dirty, boring, and drab to say the least.

7. Luckily we were at Colva beach on a Wednesday when most of the local and tourist crowd was at the flea market at Anjuna. So we were able to spend a peaceful day at the one of the beach shacks called Sucorina. Tasty food, decent price and good service.

8. I filled up at the crowded fuel pump on Panjim Main road overlooking the Mandovi. I chose the place going by the number of taxis that were there, but surprisingly I got the least mileage on that tank of fuel.

9. The weather was good. Bright and sunny, just right for a coastal holiday. Though we didnt feel it at the beach on both the days, we have turned red on our faces,arms and backs. We look like salted, roasted meat...!!!!

That is it for Goa then, lets drive on to Shirdi now. Before that, time for a few pictures, else the forum will kill me...
NB: These are random pics taken en-route BLR-Goa begining from BIAL at night to the Honnavar-Goa route the next morning.
Local Goa pics to follow.

Oops, I need to resize the pics, can someone please suggest a freeware for the same
Sorry for the goof up folks..
Old 9th March 2010, 11:21   #176
Senior - BHPian

@Dev, Welcome back and nice to see your report card. But I was looking for a thread on the travelogue section and moreover many photos of your HARIYA. Where are they??
Old 9th March 2010, 14:18   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Dev, Welcome back and nice to see your report card. But I was looking for a thread on the travelogue section and moreover many photos of your HARIYA. Where are they??
I need a photo re sizing software Sir, can you suggest a good free one please? I have mentioned it in my below post...
Old 9th March 2010, 14:37   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I need a photo re sizing software Sir, can you suggest a good free one please? I have mentioned it in my below post...
If you are using Windows, then your Windows Office Photo Manager can also do the resizing.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:46   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If you are using Windows, then your Windows Office Photo Manager can also do the resizing.
Yes, I am. Thanks for the option, I will begin right away and check it out.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:08   #180
BANNED

First Set Of Pics

Hi All,
I am uploading a few pictures taken from BIAL to Goa. I just love the gleam in Hariya's eyes at BIAL. Looks like he is jumping with joy
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-departing-bial.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-seehowhappybothare.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-afterhonnavar.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-honnavartokarwar.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-speedmaintained.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-flowersontheway.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks