Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 15:49   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Would be great to see a stock Scorp do the same.
I haven't seen any 4x4 stock scorp with my naked eyes!
@Dev: Any plans of converting ur hariya into a 4wd ? We will all go to pearl valley to check ur beast's capability!
Old 19th November 2009, 15:56   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
ive put out my replies next to the queries.
Thanks Shankar. I remember seeing this "Car Grooming" shop where the flyover ends. It is somewhat opposite to the old Royal Enfield Showroom "Agro" right? I will go there since you have been there. Yes, I will go to that Vacuum suction place or a tinker if I dont find him, get the door dent fixed, then to SKS for a rub and polish and finally to the Grooming Center for the interior cleaning. My complete package. Thanks for your help again.

Quote:
Let me check the schedule and will get back to you on this.
Sure thing, I will wait for your call. By the way, our Tejas is suddenly active these days, have you noticed??

@Tejas: When are you putting up pictures of your LCD dude??
Old 19th November 2009, 16:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a mention of his Safari, with the new chassis that is ( ), doing a see-saw was enough to get the guy active!

And yes, Tejas, where are the pics of the LCD???
Old 19th November 2009, 16:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Ya Dev. Convert your hariya and we will come with you to see how it manages
Old 19th November 2009, 16:30   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like a mention of his Safari, with the new chassis that is ( ), doing a see-saw was enough to get the guy active!

He he he, so he does get active when "His" things do a see-saw...!!! Good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Ya Dev. Convert your hariya and we will come with you to see how it manages
What? Hariya?Off Road??Sorry Sir, he is just like a state transport bus, he will go wherever required on some sort of a road. I will climb the hills for him and you can see how I manage
Old 19th November 2009, 17:08   #126
BHPian

Quote:

The see-saw was fun! My legs were trembling for quite some time! I want to do it again but then won't be getting food at home then...

I will post the pics of LCD in a separate thread else the MODs will chew me here!

Btw, is it actually possible for Hariya to become a four legged powered vehicle? I've heard that it can't for various reasons, but is there any remote possibility? What is the mileage that you are getting right now?
Old 19th November 2009, 17:19   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Devdath, do you wanna meet up this week-end and actually do the detailing/car waxing job ourselves? I've got a Scorp too, and I dont mind caring for her myself. If anyone else is interested, we could all gang up and do a little waxing (eloquent)

Having others do it seems very expensive!
Old 19th November 2009, 17:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

You are bang on target "red Liner".Till date from almost 10yrs i am doing it for my dad's vehicle. Only thinig is you will spend almost 2 hours but the satisfaction you get is amazing. You might not get it right on the first instance. But subsequently you will be master
Old 19th November 2009, 17:31   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
The see-saw was fun! My legs were trembling for quite some time! I want to do it again but then won't be getting food at home then...

I will post the pics of LCD in a separate thread else the MODs will chew me here!

Btw, is it actually possible for Hariya to become a four legged powered vehicle? I've heard that it can't for various reasons, but is there any remote possibility? What is the mileage that you are getting right now?
Technically, it certainly is possible to convert him to a 4wheel drive as there are are 4 wheel drive versions of the CRDe. It would involve replacing the gearbox, probably the clutch, the front axle, and probably a few chassis mounts and members apart from installing a new front axle, transfer case, the wiring for the same and a new differential in a broad sense. So is it possible, yes.
Is it expensive? Yes.
Would it be reliable? Depends on the installation because the parts that go in will be reliable anyway.

Am I interested? Naah, Hariya is going to be my life time companion and not a guinea pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Devdath, do you wanna meet up this week-end and actually do the detailing/car waxing job ourselves? I've got a Scorp too, and I dont mind caring for her myself. If anyone else is interested, we could all gang up and do a little waxing (eloquent)

I completely agree with you and would love to do it with you on our own. The only snag is, I need to get that dent on the driver door removed first. Trust me, and I know it is purely psychological but my vision just sticks there every time I see it even though it is small. In case you know any good denter near your place, I dont mind coming over.
By the way, where in Bangalore do you stay? I m put up at Basaweshwaranagar.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:45   #130
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

my pleasure to be of any help.
im a bit lazy to wax my car myself now though I used to love to do it earlier. Prefer to watch an expert do it and stand and enjoy the sight plus nit pick a bit here and there since after all it is my car!

those chaps at the grooming place are usually quite jobless and they will be glad of some custom from you I am sure. In my experience mornings are usually a good time - bright and early say 930-10am or so since they are fresh and you will probably be the first man in. It is a drive in place and you will need to squeeze the Scorp in because they ve got glass doors - dont worry the Scorp fits perfectly. And they have those ceiling mounted washer jets which move up and down and completely clean the vehicle outer surface. I d say budget 3-4 hours at least because the grooming part will take time.
get all the dirty work done first and then get the interiors cleaned last. best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thanks Shankar. I remember seeing this "Car Grooming" shop where the flyover ends. It is somewhat opposite to the old Royal Enfield Showroom "Agro" right? I will go there since you have been there. Yes, I will go to that Vacuum suction place or a tinker if I dont find him, get the door dent fixed, then to SKS for a rub and polish and finally to the Grooming Center for the interior cleaning. My complete package. Thanks for your help again.

Sure thing, I will wait for your call. By the way, our Tejas is suddenly active these days, have you noticed??

@Tejas: When are you putting up pictures of your LCD dude??
Old 20th November 2009, 14:48   #131
BANNED

Quote:

Hey Red Liner, still waiting for your response so that we could plan a meet up if possible to clean and wax our vehicles ourselves.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:29   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Kitty party for the Boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey Red Liner, still waiting for your response so that we could plan a meet up if possible to clean and wax our vehicles ourselves.
Hey Devdath,

I think we need to see a picture of the dent you keep talking about to decide what to do with it. If you have posted one before, my apologies for not looking it up.

Secondly, I stay in Banaswadi...which I think is not close to Basaveshwaranagar. Man that was long.

Thirdly, PM me your number. If Sunday morning looks good, we can gather together like a bunch of hens and get this waxing done. Our very own kitty party even!

If the waxing doesnt work out, we just head to that super cool glass door ceiling brush automatic autobot cleaning center!
Old 20th November 2009, 15:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

"Red liner" and "Dev" phewwww you guys are planning lots of things at the first meet itself. Way to go dude.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:51   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Devdath,

I think we need to see a picture of the dent you keep talking about to decide what to do with it. If you have posted one before, my apologies for not looking it up.

Secondly, I stay in Banaswadi...which I think is not close to Basaveshwaranagar. Man that was long.

Thirdly, PM me your number. If Sunday morning looks good, we can gather together like a bunch of hens and get this waxing done. Our very own kitty party even!

If the waxing doesnt work out, we just head to that super cool glass door ceiling brush automatic autobot cleaning center!
Yes, Banasawadi is actually quite far Nevertheless, it should be worth it when we get together to do the waxing together. People drive to Anekal, Sarjapur, Magadi etc for the OTRs....!!!!
My number is 9243466235.
No, I havent posted pics of that dent yet. Plan to do so as soon as I can but since my camera is out of the country, I need to borrow someone's again. HappyWheels, are you listening?
And talking of a bunch, how many are we by now? Any idea??
Old 20th November 2009, 16:37   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Havent really sounded this out to many people...you wanna post this up on the meet section or something and see how many people want to catch up and do this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks